Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Results (30/06)

Only one in so far (confirmed by Pitchero)

Molesey 2-0 Knaphill (Xcel Leisure Centre, Walton)

Poor Ellers ;)

Only one more result to come - Sheerwater v Egham Town (played at Bisley FC)

Poor Ellers ;)

This match was cancelled about three weeks ago as the pitch was not available.

Krooner, you can play 8 a side in June but no more officially if the match is to be sanctioned. That could be wrong now but that was what I was up against last year trying to arrange the charity match.

Ok, just that the game was advertised on Pitchero. Wonder how Molesey got permission to play Knaphill then if league laws say no June fixtures, or was that an 8-a-side?

There have been friendly games played back as far as June 17th, according to NLM, but I'm not sure if these games are 8-a-side or 11-a-side.

Today's advertised games on there were:

Abbey Vale v Annan Athletic (2pm)

East Linton v Hawick Royal Albert (@ Haddington 3G pitch, Whittingehame Drive)

Highgate United over 35s 4th annual tournament @ The Coppice, Tythe Barn Lane 10am

Linfield v Bangor City (2pm)

Llanelli v Monmouth Town (11.15 am @ The Academy Of Sport Centre, Llandarcy)

London Lions v Fisher (2pm)

Molesey v Knaphill (1.15pm at Walton Leisure Centre 3G)

Selby Town v DMS

Sheerwater v Egham Town (Cancelled)

TNS v Conwy Borough 1pm

My thoughts on no June games - why?

If both teams are happy to play, and refs and linesmen can be found and the pitch is ready, then is there any harm in it?

If Michael PRATini and Septic Bladder want Euro 2020 to be played in numerous cities around Europe, then surely a June game is nothing in comparison.

My thoughts on no June games - why?

If both teams are happy to play, and refs and linesmen can be found and the pitch is ready, then is there any harm in it?

If Michael PRATini and Septic Bladder want Euro 2020 to be played in numerous cities around Europe, then surely a June game is nothing in comparison.

The County FAs will only sanction the match if it has 8 or less players per team in June. If the match is not sanctioned then there is no restriction. Matches are sanctioned for insurance purposes and that does not cover injuries to players, only damages etc to property and persons around the pitch.

Hmm...

So if, for example, Real Madrid or AC Milan wanted to play Sheerwater or Woking or Guernsey in a pre-season game, but on the proviso it was played in June then the game could not be sanctioned and therefore go ahead?

Poor Ellers ;)

Sheerwater's Twitter mentions a game played at 11.30am on Saturday. Who was that against?

Poor Ellers ;)

Sheerwater's Twitter mentions a game played at 11.30am on Saturday. Who was that against?

It was a trialist match yesterday. 3 x 30 Mins.

Hmm...

So if, for example, Real Madrid or AC Milan wanted to play Sheerwater or Woking or Guernsey in a pre-season game, but on the proviso it was played in June then the game could not be sanctioned and therefore go ahead?

It could go ahead, it just wouldn't be sanctioned. That's my understanding anyway.

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/good-start-for-moles-and-fish-14278/ report on the Molesey game. Also a mention of London Maccabi Lions match against Fisher.

Why the feck do people want to play this early it has no benefit to anyone let the players have a rest for fecks sake I expect most of them are already doing pre season training anyway,get the ball out in a few weeks time like most sensible people.

Why the feck do people want to play this early it has no benefit to anyone let the players have a rest for fecks sake I expect most of them are already doing pre season training anyway,get the ball out in a few weeks time like most sensible people.

I guess that you'd have to ask that to the clubs in question, Duncs.

Personally, if I was a manager, I would want to fit in as many games as possible. I would trust that my players had enough common sense to lay off the booze and burgers and were ready to train and play. I have to give 100% day in day out at work, I don't get a break from it and trust me it can be mentally exhausting - almost as bad as being physically exhausting! A trick for managers could be to have one squad for weekends and one for midweek (in Football Manager, during pre-season, I have a 'Team 1' and a 'Team 2.' At half-time during a friendly, I replace Team 1 with Team 2. Team 2 then start the next friendly, and at half-time Team 1 replaces them barring any injuries/suspensions. I usually play about eight pre-season games and try to get four home games against better opposition and four away games against lesser opponents).

You have to strike the balance though - start too early and, although your players get a lot of practice in, you'll run the risk of injuries/players getting worn out. Conversely, start too late and your players won't be ready for the rigors of a league season! I have seen a lot of non-league sides do the latter, and come the end of October when they are bottom of the table they are wishing they started sooner!

Morning SF as you know I only put the cones out and fill the water bottles so it is not my decision it is only my opinion,it just seems to me that the game we all love has become an obsession for some people and it is not healthy, everyone needs time away from the game its like having a holiday.

I guess that you'd have to ask that to the clubs in question, Duncs.

Personally, if I was a manager, I would want to fit in as many games as possible. I would trust that my players had enough common sense to lay off the booze and burgers and were ready to train and play. I have to give 100% day in day out at work, I don't get a break from it and trust me it can be mentally exhausting - almost as bad as being physically exhausting! A trick for managers could be to have one squad for weekends and one for midweek (in Football Manager, during pre-season, I have a 'Team 1' and a 'Team 2.' At half-time during a friendly, I replace Team 1 with Team 2. Team 2 then start the next friendly, and at half-time Team 1 replaces them barring any injuries/suspensions. I usually play about eight pre-season games and try to get four home games against better opposition and four away games against lesser opponents).

You have to strike the balance though - start too early and, although your players get a lot of practice in, you'll run the risk of injuries/players getting worn out. Conversely, start too late and your players won't be ready for the rigors of a league season! I have seen a lot of non-league sides do the latter, and come the end of October when they are bottom of the table they are wishing they started sooner!

I rest my case