Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

new website

I still have more to do such as the fixtures table and contacts but if i look at the site again today i'm liable to snap :D

Agree, there's a bucket load of info that needs adding to the site even if we are to simply replicate what we had before. What the old site didn't have though was any real "features" (it was more a data warehouse) so it would be good to get a couple of these features up and running. Have you a timeframe for delivering:

- the eShop .. this is free money for the club so we should have this asap

- facebook and twitter plug-ins e.g. likes, shares and tweets for the news items - improving the comms channels so we spread the word much more effectively

There's a whole load of other stuff that would be good to have (multi-admin access, event calendars, email marketing and subscriptions, integrated forum etc etc) but these are secondary and can be agreed on and discussed separately.

If you're operating a CMS then I'm happy (as I'm sure are others) to help get any of the static info up there if you just wanted to focus on the clever stuff.

Andy.

I still have more to do such as the fixtures table and contacts but if i look at the site again today i'm liable to snap :D

Agree, there's a bucket load of info that needs adding to the site even if we are to simply replicate what we had before. What the old site didn't have though was any real "features" (it was more a data warehouse) so it would be good to get a couple of these features up and running. Have you a timeframe for delivering:

- the eShop .. this is free money for the club so we should have this asap

- facebook and twitter plug-ins e.g. likes, shares and tweets for the news items - improving the comms channels so we spread the word much more effectively

There's a whole load of other stuff that would be good to have (multi-admin access, event calendars, email marketing and subscriptions, integrated forum etc etc) but these are secondary and can be agreed on and discussed separately.

If you're operating a CMS then I'm happy (as I'm sure are others) to help get any of the static info up there if you just wanted to focus on the clever stuff.

Andy.

The main content will be added when I have time - I have a full time job like many so I'm currently doing this in my lunch and when I have time at home, a few bits will be added this week. The system is not CMS yet as we needed the site 'live' asap and as I'm sure you are aware adding a CMS is time consuming.

Could you send through the eshop link again please and I'll see how it works?

With regards to all this:

multi-admin access - Only myself and One other will have access as we want consistency through out

event calendars - for what reason?

email marketing and subscriptions - we will have sign up forms (I'm waiting on hosting info from IAN_W before we can create these)

integrated forum - Why? we have a decent forum here (which will be linked at some point today)

facebook and twitter plug-ins e.g. likes, shares and tweets for the news items - we currently have a latest tweet section on the left hand side, which enables you to retweet ect as for facebook this will be added soon.

Thanks

I think we've all got respect for what Sid did for AFCH and his contribution over the years shouldn't be underestimated, but I think this is going to be a step forward.

As the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Well done Kimble.

The main content will be added when I have time - I have a full time job like many so I'm currently doing this in my lunch and when I have time at home, a few bits will be added this week. The system is not CMS yet as we needed the site 'live' asap and as I'm sure you are aware adding a CMS is time consuming.

Could you send through the eshop link again please and I'll see how it works?

We realise there's lots of work to be done .. hence the question about a CMS and the offer of help !

Re the eShop, Billericay link to one on their site. Links to this: http://buy.at/btsaeshop. But, this now goes elsewhere so you'd need to speak to the 'Ricay webmaster to see if this is still up and running.

There's also the club cashback scheme that Romford use (http://www.romfordfc.com/cashback/) but this may only be available if we operate our site through Pitchero.

With regards to all this:

multi-admin access - Only myself and One other will have access as we want consistency through out

event calendars - for what reason?

email marketing and subscriptions - we will have sign up forms (I'm waiting on hosting info from IAN_W before we can create these)

integrated forum - Why? we have a decent forum here (which will be linked at some point today)

facebook and twitter plug-ins e.g. likes, shares and tweets for the news items - we currently have a latest tweet section on the left hand side, which enables you to retweet ect as for facebook this will be added soon.

These were examples of the types of features that could be added. As I said, "these are secondary and can be agreed on and discussed separately". But,

- multi-admin. I'm only talking about sharing the content update (not building the site). So, someone could own the SA piece, others the commercial side, a community piece, match updates etc. Doesn't have to work this way - one person can do it all - but this would help share the load.

- event calendar. I'd have thought it useful to have a list of the events etc that are coming up

- integrated forum. To add a level of interaction to the site and drive traffic to it. The site has commercial opportunities so the more people that visit the more likely sponsors may want to get involved.

- facebook/twitter. Was looking at the sharing side of things i.e. when a news item is posted would be useful to be able to share that article via Twitter and/or Facebook

Andy

Found my way to the forum, bit circuitous but I'm here now.

Admire all the technical stuff but most goes over my head, bring back logorithm books et al.

• 2 weeks later...

Early doors i know and i'm just getting used to it, but.

To me it looks like we beat Brentwood 1-0.

I'm in favour of putting our score first whether we are at home or away.

What are other peoples views?

Myself, I always prefer the score to be set out indicating if we are playing home or away.

Same. I'm we won at home 1-0

If away 0-1

Our score shown first always. Not sure where you would see it quoted otherwise unless both team names are shown.

Re the website, it wasn't that obvious (to me anyway) that the information was even on there. In that chunk of whitespace to the right of the Twitter feed it might be worth thinking about putting a Latest News section (latest at the top) so it's more obvious when new content is added.

Edit: just noticed the Latest News Box .. this, along with the Blue Sq logo and the YouTube logo might best be (re)moved as it does take up a lot of room plus any dynamic info is below the fold.

Edited by andydick

What are other peoples views?

Myself, I always prefer the score to be set out indicating if we are playing home or away.

Same. I'm we won at home 1-0

If away 0-1

Our score shown first always. Not sure where you would see it quoted otherwise unless both team names are shown.

Re the website, it wasn't that obvious (to me anyway) that the information was even on there. In that chunk of whitespace to the right of the Twitter feed it might be worth thinking about putting a Latest News section (latest at the top) so it's more obvious when new content is added.

Edit: just noticed the Latest News Box .. this, along with the Blue Sq logo and the YouTube logo might best be (re)moved as it does take up a lot of room plus any dynamic info is below the fold.

Andy I cant help but think you don't like the site - like I said it will take time to do as I work much like you I guess....

I'm quite happy to give you the site in its current state and you can play around with it and get it suited to your needs as you clearly have more time to do so?

Let me know what you think