Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ENGLAND

I know the headline mentions England, but a lot of the problems being faced the other side of Offa's Dyke are also affecting the England national team - old suits who care more about their precious positions in the game than actually making their national side any good.

This blog is certainly food for thought on the current shambles in Welsh football: 

http://viewfromthestands9.wordpress.com/2013/09/09/welsh-football-crisis-is-a-complete-overhaul-needed/

Wales have slid back under a 'change is bad' mentality management - make sure England don't go the same way!

89% want total change - Coleman (can't cut the mustard) gone and the FAW fossils to boot.

Edited by Zippy

Very disappointing for England tonight against Chile.

On that performance, they'll be on the 1st plane home from Brazil!

I partially agree with Adam.

All I can say is, that 'Woy' Hoidgson was just experimenting with some new blood.

Having said that, the Chileans certainly play with a very unorthodox and varied style which certainly bambozzled our defence.

Nerver mind  -  Germany to come next week !

Yes, a disgusting performance and obviously no research was done on Chile whatsoever

Even so, you would have thought that England could (and should) have played far better against Chile last night.

Granted, it was an experimental side, but they didn't appear to be 'together' on the pitch.  

Maybe one or two of the players were already thinking ahead to the Germany game.

Right  -  That's another 'Friendly out of the way, and two losses in two games.

In the first twenty minutes, I thought we might actually score against the Germans, and then it all went to pot.  Terrible defence, and we couldn't win a 'header' in the box if we tried.

Next International is against Denmark, March 5th. 2014.  As a lot of my old school reports used to say........  'MUST DO BETTER !"

Sometimes you wonder if those in charge actually want England and football in England to fail.

Sounds like something out of the realms of Ickeism but when you consider the state of grass-roots, the decline in the number of British players in the top-flight and the total and utter resistance to change in many factions of the game...well it does make you wonder.