Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey's New Manager?

Matt H

Where has Easterford and Sheehan gone?

Easterford has been heavily linked with a return to Concord Rangers and East Thurrock Utd have confirmed today that Sheehan has re-signed with them.

Edited by Matt H

Not surprised that Sheehan and Hallett have gone.

Sheehan tended to blow a bit hot and cold at times and we were always likely to lose one of our strikers if somebody else was brought in.

Felt Rhodesy still had a lot to contribute and on his day was one of the best and most skilful players in the league but last year he never really got going and although he improved after Glen took over, he never really reached the heights of the previous season.

I don't think injuries helped him and in fact we won the Essex Senior Cup final without him.

I would have like to have seen him stay but let's face it if another quality player comes in who is better than him then we can't really afford to keep him.

I'm gutted to see John Easterford go though as he was the one player who was consistently good for us throughout the whole of last season.

Edited by YELLOW

Why would you want dicks? He has hardly set the world alight in his managerial career so far,another ex pro who looks lost in the non league game

According to today's Evening Echo, Julian Dicks is the candidate mentioned as being ruled out of the running. The article says he expressed an interest in the post, but it appears that is as far as it got.

what worries me is that we only got to being near the play offs due to the defence, russell, alaile, easterford, sheehan and dumas now only dumas is left i know we signed miller but the central defence and goalie are going to have to gel together quickly i dont think we will get better than russell and easterford for next season and if say hornchurch lost 7 players and their manager 1 week before pre season i think we would say crisis club but its almost as if the club is saying this is how it was planned no problem

We conceded too many goals last season and didn't score enough, hence why we had a goal difference of +11 when the lowest in the playoffs was +27.

Whilst the defence was good, I don't think it was perfect, and bar Dumas I think there were better players in every position in other teams. I certainly wouldn't have liked to have lost the defenders we have, but these things happen. Hopefully we can replace them with some quality signings, add some goals up top and get that goal difference to a place that deserves to be in the top 5.

I'm half expecting the average age of our squad to drop by about ten years with both Tilson and Crow in charge, plenty of youthful contacts in their portfolios.