Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley Town (review/preview)

Going to go through all the club's in the leagues as we lead up to the new season. Why?

a) to check all the details ie website, twitter, wiki, management, ground info

b ) to look back at recent years and see what things are expected this season

CAMBERLEY TOWN

a)

Website is still: http://www.camberleytownfc.co.uk/

Twitter - https://twitter.com/CamberleyTownFC

Wiki page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camberley_Town_F.C.

Management: now the ex-Chairman Ronnie Wilson

Ground - no change but possible future developments at http://www.kroonerpark.co.uk/

b )

2012 = 6th

2011 = 4th

2010 = 3rd

2009 = 5th

2008 = 3rd

Not many more consistent sides around this league than Camberley as you can see from the last five finishes. Will be interesting to see how they do under the new inexperienced management. Is top six achievable again?

words like Transfers and Exodus do make me laugh though. As of the end of last season I am not aware of any CCL clubs that had any players unless they were on contract. I am not aware of any at Camberley so how could we have had an exodus ?

When I played for ash between '99-'07 we were never allowed to play Sunday football. If u were a regular Saturday starter, it was forbidden.

U can't possibly play two games in two days and be 100% fit and fully recovered by Tuesday for a match or training.

If they do play Sunday's, they are just cheating their team mates.

When I played football (2000-08), the rule at most of the clubs I was at was:

"You can play on a Saturday or a Sunday, but NOT both"

Unfortunately Sunday's is where a lot of players pick up injuries I know when I played I used to love Sundays but as a manager I used to hate it,I would always tell players not to play on a Sunday if there is a mid week game and you can sort of enforce that by leaving them out or taking them off if they start and look fecked the only problem with that is you can sometimes cut your nose off to spite your face,nobody can play 3 games in 4 days and give thier all its impossible.

Unfortunately Sunday's is where a lot of players pick up injuries I know when I played I used to love Sundays but as a manager I used to hate it,I would always tell players not to play on a Sunday if there is a mid week game and you can sort of enforce that by leaving them out or taking them off if they start and look fecked the only problem with that is you can sometimes cut your nose off to spite your face,nobody can play 3 games in 4 days and give thier all its impossible.

Can't believe it ! Intelligent comments from Uncle Fester THE Mr. Motivator and without swearing..........thats gotta be a first ....LOL ! :P

That's more or less what my managers said, and they would go to Sunday games just to check that a player who played on Saturday wasn't turning out for Sunday games.

At my first club, we had Saturday and Sunday teams - so you were either in one or the other.

As a Catholic, Sunday is my day of rest.

Heck, if it's good enough for the big man upstairs...