Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players and Managers

I have managed to get myself over to quite a few games across the season and i struggle to see how some of the clubs can be offering money to players. There are maybe 3 or 4 clubs who have a pitch that you would want to be playing on week in week out from what i have heard on recent chats the players think they are better then they are.

Does anyone think that the standard has got any better since the influx of "senior players"?? I appreciate there is no stopping clubs from offering wages but surely there is no incentive in doing so if a club cannot progress any further. Also i would like to believe that a good player would make the next step into a senior league or even a Ryman north team, instead of waiting for a few quid every saturday, and from the games i managed to get to a lot of the players flattered to deceive.

Is there any managers that could step up as well or is it a case of money talks for sucess in the league??

Should be an interesting season ahead!!

Dave chapman, Dave forbes , should definately be managing at senior level, they have won alot of trophys between them over the past 10 years and deserve a chance to prove themself at a higher level. These two have proven you dont need a budget to suceed and i tip them again to have a great season..The guy at Kelvedon has proved he had no relationship with his players and it will be interesting to see how he performs without a budget...

Id say the last few years the standard has got better and there are a few players in the league that could step up a few lvls. This year I would say is the strongest so far and will be interesting to see who stays in the title race. The thing that ive noticed in the league is there is a lot of players and managers with 2 much to say and are far to quick to gob off

Dave Forbes seems to be the exception and keeps his squad ticking along

Frenford will have top be favourites but think the two surprise teams this year will be Rayleigh and Harold hill for sure. Kelvedon are out of it lost to many good players and are left with scraps

I played against them a couple of years ago and they was saying half the team was on £100 a game and the others were on between £60 and £80, theres romour that Harold Wood are offering £100 a game this season to players. I think its shocking that clubes are offering that amount of money at this level.

I think all these numbers have been massively blown out , has anyone got any facts here or are people just listening to rumours? To be honest if anyone offered me £100 a week to play once a week i would go, with the world economy in the state its in its a huge amount to turn down.

i think there are alot of people just jumping on the bandwagon and putting there 2 pence in is what it sounds like to me.

a few quid gets passed about thru all the better clubs in that league no doubt

not sure what the fixation with kelvedon and paying players is all about...every dog has its day

Dave Chapman seems to have assembled a good team over at rayleigh, i am not 100% sure where it weren't wrong last year but i am led to believe that games caught up on them. When i watched Rayleigh they seemed to want to play and encouraged a few promising youngsters to get on the ball which is always good to watch.

Frenford have always been challenging with Kelvedon over the past years and both appear to have a great set up from the outside and seem to be well managed so i would assume to see them both challenging again, although people seem to know more then me with players leaving and joining other clubs. If Kelvedon really are paying there players surely the manager (if still there) or the new number 2 will be able to attract a fresh squad??

Is there anyone else we can expect too see challenging at the top next year, maybe one of the promoted teams or even Hanikans Farm they were still in with a chance with a few games left last year?? I never actually managed to see them play last year, was third an over achievement for them and will it be a case of second season syndrome??

keep up nicedarts

kelvedon have been paying their players with money donated to them by previous goalkeeper daniel fenn

he got the hump when he lost his place so he upped sticks to harold hill taking his money with him and an exodus of players

not sure why you all have it in for kelvedon

if clubs are paying their players what is the problem?

up to them isnt it?

i think we should all get fit for next year and stop worrying about who is paying who, as i said earlier no one has ANY facts on who's getting what so can we talk about something else? . Frenford for the league , Raleigh for the cup ...

We have a player at enisgn res who came to play with his mates from great wakering , stambridge have offered him£30 a game 5a goal(so he says) plus they are going to pay off his 115 bill he owes,

If teams are going to try and improve and move upthe leagues and have the money to do things like pay then great but don't see no point in doing it otherwise, I would prefer a team who worked hard than people there just for the money