Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 14th Friendlies

Your 1st half team DT10 was impressive. Based on the Epsom game that followed at Lion Park you looked far, far stronger. Good luck for the season.

Thanks still early days but pleased with the progress so far. Good luck for your season

I just read your list of honours Duncs, very impressive cup record, well done you must be very proud of your achievement, I especially like the way you assume I know of you, unfortunately I do not, but I would like to meet you, love your passion and enthusiasm.

By the way I've not won anything ever, not as a player or manager.

So if you aint won anything (which I don't believe) what the feck are you bringing to the table you must have something in your locker.

Pitch was actually pretty decent up until about half time when it cut up a little bit, but still not as bad as you'd have expected. Yea got 70 mins, first game in about 4 months after injuring my hamstring last season and it held up well and thought I did alright, still not quite there in terms of fitness yet but that's expected. Three Bridges away on Tuesday....fancy it??

well if it's still raining then maybe as not too far if it's wasted trip.

Mole Valley 2 v 5 Lancing

Think it was 2-6 and then 0-5 in the reserves game. Sorry Gary!

Yeah it was 2-6 in the first game, twice we conceeded two goals in a minute. So rather than going in at 2-2 we were 4-2 down.

They were a decent side though, strong, fairly direct and well organised and will probably be up there challenging again this season

We did win the second game 5-0, which was a decent performance.

just spoke to Koo not CCL but Farnborough lost 2 1 to a very strong Wycombe side

edited by mods on author's request

Now Now Kroony what is all this pent up hatred of Boro, there are a lot of ex CCL players and the management team is ex CCL and I know Koo and Spencer are regular viewers of this forum,Koo is in charge of the youth set up so I'm sure when i speak to him today I will mention it to him about the youth, I know he is working very hard to keep the youth team players from the farnboro area,what is your gripe I think they are doing a fine job and are giving players a chance who wouldn't normally get one. Edited by bomaya

Hartley entertained Penn & Tyler yesterday. Reserve game ended in a 1-0 win for Hartley. 1st team game was a 2-2 draw. Weather permitting its Marlow on Tuesday and Hungerford on Thursday. Both 7.30 kick offs

.... me 'n the eldest lad popped down for this one - surprised it was played on the 'outside' pitch, as was the ref who I chatted to briefly before the firsts KO'd.

However the surface seemed OK - decent crowd of about 70 odd.

Peeping at the main pitch on the way to the bar - looking very tidy - hope all this wet stuff doesn't mean it gets churned up through August, when the serious matters commence.

Not sure of the mix of the two sides put out and only caught the last 10' or so of the earlier one but plenty of 'Henley' faces on show.

Actually thought the fair-haired lad pulling strings for P&TG was the best player on show (Diego?) - though the big HW CB looked tidy.

... I know its 'early doors' but just on that showing I'd be a mite concerned unless 'Tutts' has got a few more players lined up/due to return for you for the new season? Looked particularly rusty across the back and in Defensive Midfield - but I expect that'll improve the more they play together?

Was a good workout for all though - on the few occasions I've seen P&TG before, they've always appeared to be quite high on fitness levels for STEP06 and they moved you around quite a lot.

The HW no 11 seemed a bit of a throwback to previous HW regimes though - had it been a 'proper' match he'd have got in bother with the officials from very early on. Shame cos he's very good on the ball and makes all the right runs - will be a great asset if he can last the 90' with the officials in the CCL. :unsure:

PS had a quick trawl round for any other CCL scores and only managed to find one more - the O.Farns v Farnham PSF was PPoned - and was supposedly due to be played at Cody S&SC - so lucky I didn't try and get to Farnham for 14:00!

Non-CCL but before the Baddy Lea - Robins match Godalming bt Marlow 4-3 on the Aldershot 4G pitch.

Edited by royals26

First game which knaphill won 5-3 was the first team game and the second game was the reserve team game which was 11-3 i think! Pitch held up for 2 games and some good goals in both. The camberley reserve forward looked good (9) surely will be pushing to go into their first team squad. I think he grabbed 5 or 6.

thought the pitches looked excellent there Tekkers.

just spoke to Koo not CCL but Farnborough lost 2 1 to a very strong Wycombe side

<edited by mods on author's request>

Now Now Kroony what is all this pent up hatred of Boro, there are a lot of ex CCL players and the management team is ex CCL and I know Koo and Spencer are regular viewers of this forum,Koo is in charge of the youth set up so I'm sure when i speak to him today I will mention it to him about the youth, I know he is working very hard to keep the youth team players from the farnboro area,what is your gripe I think they are doing a fine job and are giving players a chance who wouldn't normally get one.

Perhaps they should stick to their own borough then rather than coming into our and runing 3 different clubs facilities for the sake of their own. I shouldnt be surprised as that club have always been the same.

Edited by bomaya

Royals 26 trying to protect main pitch for as long as we can. Should be in use Tuesday & Thursday this week,weather permitting.Agree with your comments but teams were a mixture of 1st, resererves and youth set up. Have fingers crossed that we'll do OK. We'll see..in .Make yourself known if you visit again