Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 14th Friendlies

Knaphill 6-3 Camberley

From elsewhere Redhill 5-2 Sutton Utd, Dorking Wanderers 1-0 Walton Casuals

Good Knaphill pre-season result thats 2 out 3 CCL Premier scalps. Losing 2-0 to Molesey, beating Badshot Lea 3-2 and the above beating Camberley.

Whilst I appreciate its only pre-season fisxtures and can't look too deep into these games, having played and done well against CCL Prem clubs Ellers, which of the above three Prem clubs so far (more to play) were you most impressed with and your opinion of the Prem and Div 1 gap ?

ps: Dorking Wangerers was a good result against Ryman South club.

pps: Was it Sutton Res against Reduill ?.

I do not think there is a big gap, and I would say that top 6 div 1 sides would comfortably finish in Prem mid table, however the Prem top 6-8 teams have some individual talents that are very good and I believe most of those teams would finish mid table in the div above, I was at Chertsey a couple of years back, on paper we had the best squad and finished 2nd, but after watching the quality of Guernsey last season I still can't see any team finishing above them IMO and they would be in for a shout for promotion the following year as well.

After the 3 games we have played I thought Molesey looked decent, they were fit strong and organised and had pace about them, however all the sides played trialists just like we did so my opinions don't mean a thing, my biggest note from all the three games was that none of the keepers shone out for me, which makes me think that a few keepers may be trying at a higher level in pre season.

We have RPV on Saturday, followed by Chertsey Town and then Egham on the Tuesday before the season starts, which will all be good workouts, fitness is the main priority at the moment, plus I have a few more players to look at, I want the competition for places remaining strong throughout pre season and into the season and hopefully we will then have a good start to the season. The players attitude and application has been first class, also the training sessions have been outstanding by my coaching team and compliment them for it, we have a great set up at Knaphill FC and the season can not come quick enough for me, esprcially as we have not played a competitive game since March 24th.

Fingers crossed.

I do not think there is a big gap, and I would say that top 6 div 1 sides would comfortably finish in Prem mid table, however the Prem top 6-8 teams have some individual talents that are very good and I believe most of those teams would finish mid table in the div above, I was at Chertsey a couple of years back, on paper we had the best squad and finished 2nd, but after watching the quality of Guernsey last season I still can't see any team finishing above them IMO and they would be in for a shout for promotion the following year as well.

After the 3 games we have played I thought Molesey looked decent, they were fit strong and organised and had pace about them, however all the sides played trialists just like we did so my opinions don't mean a thing, my biggest note from all the three games was that none of the keepers shone out for me, which makes me think that a few keepers may be trying at a higher level in pre season.

We have RPV on Saturday, followed by Chertsey Town and then Egham on the Tuesday before the season starts, which will all be good workouts, fitness is the main priority at the moment, plus I have a few more players to look at, I want the competition for places remaining strong throughout pre season and into the season and hopefully we will then have a good start to the season. The players attitude and application has been first class, also the training sessions have been outstanding by my coaching team and compliment them for it, we have a great set up at Knaphill FC and the season can not come quick enough for me, esprcially as we have not played a competitive game since March 24th.

Fingers crossed.

Are you taking some illegal substance because no disrespect but you dont half talk a load of sh1te,I don't know what it is about your club but every year at the start of the season we get this inane drivell why don't you just wait and see what happens and then start your mind games, doing it this early on will get you nowhere,there is a huge gap between div 1 and Prem that you can't measure with just cup games every game in the Prem is very difficult anyone on thier day can beat anyone don't worry about who is in the top 8 its the whole league that is strong.

Its not just that Tommo I would like him to be Braver and tell us all blow for blow which clubs in Div 1 are better than which clubs in the Prem I dont know how he knows but it will be interesting to read,maybe its me but aren't all clubs in the 2 leagues where they should be or have I missed something maybe my logic is playing tricks on me

Are they the rubbish cups that you won in your glory years Duncs, that your on about.

So what shite have I said Jurassic Duncs.

I'll agree with Duncs...Div 1 is like a glorified Sunday league, in the Prem you get that extra bit of quality

What a load of Tosh,your a wind up merchant.Going to be a big step up for you at SANDHURST THEN,Management wise then Tommo.

The gap I think is as close as ever. When was the last time a relegated prem club went straight back up? Dorking 4 seasons ago perhaps!

Do many div 1 clubs struggle when promoted? No

Your certainly a very angry man duncs- sounds like you need a holiday

Duncs - just out of interest what clubs do you rate in div 1 (if any)?

Personally didn't watch many premier teams last season. However Egham were a class above any other team we played.

Mark - hope things are going well at Sandhurst. If you think div 1 is glorified sunday league standard. What level would you put the Aldershot & District league?

The gap I think is as close as ever. When was the last time a relegated prem club went straight back up? Dorking 4 seasons ago perhaps! Hartley Wintney/Horley

Do many div 1 clubs struggle when promoted? Dorking/Mole Valley/Hartley Wintney

Your certainly a very angry man duncs- sounds like you need a holiday

I am on the fence with this. The clubs that have a good infrastructure tend to be able to cope longer term and I think South Park/Hanworth bear this out and I think that Bedfont Sports will also do well and I think that is where Div 1 has got stronger. but I do think you could have this argument back and forth.

Agree with you there Kroons,but would also like to add,the camaradrie that exists at those 3 Clubs.Never will you go into their Clubhouses post match,and see it empty early.Thats why I think when Knaphill get their bar(hopefully soon) they will get promoted.Eversley also will be in the mix as they are close knit.

It is going to be a step up Smudge..we all have to learn our trade somewhere.

Ellers..a pub side that managed to win the Surrey Intermediate Cup yeah

Daniel...personally believe your club is among the few that are exception from the last post. Sav and you boys deserve to be playing prem football without a doubt.

Thommo why do Eversley deserve to be playing Prem football? Weird statement as they have not been in contention to win the league in the past few years plus there ground was not up to standard.

I think they will go very near this season mind.

I think You've been round Duncs to long I think.

Haha...thing is Smudge, you win some, you lose some. Football is a passion, but it's also a hobbie. I'll gladly hold my hands up and admit losing to a better side...as and when we do.....there's alot more important things in life to worry about.