Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 14th Friendlies

On the flip side, Mole Valley SCR are now back in Division 1 after a few years in the Premier League.

Guys from what i hear Tommo is a good up and coming manager and if Sav has bought him to sandhurst he must rate him ,the guy has proved himself at a lower level so this is his next challenge ,i say good luck and hope he and sandhurst have a good season !!!!

Id be intrest to hear the views of Farnham, South Park, Hanworth Villa too see what their takes on this big step between Prem and Div 1 are!

There are many differences between the Prem and Div 1 however the most noticeable are the teams are better organised, sets pieces etc, and the individual quality you come up against in the Prem. Teams in the top six have individuals that can win you games with moments of individual quality! I also believe that the management and the players have to commit more in the Prem, no more turning up, no training and winning games!!!

I've noticed that there is quite a chasm between Steps 5 and 6, and I can think of a few clubs that have gone down from Step 4 in recent years and thought that it would be a doddle.

Most of them are now in Step 6 leagues this season...

Strangely, I have found that some Step 5 football is usually better quality than that at Step 4. When not watching Gloucester last season, I took in a few games at Slimbridge - a great side who play good attacking football (no long ball nonsense), and they would have no trouble playing at Step 4.

Conversely, I got invited to watch Stourport (Step 4) last season, and to say it was godawful is pretty mild. I'd seen better football on the parks on Sunday, it was that dire!

Agree, good luck at Sandhurst Mark, ignore the pathetic comments. You did a great job at Bagshot and learnt your trade whilst also being successful. I'm sure this season will be another learning curve for you and hopefully we'll see you soon as a CCL manager.

Edited by Chubby Brown

Ellers....haha, I told the boys after that was a once in a lifetime. They will never be involved in a game like that again! Some great goals as well.

Cheers Offside and Chubby, learning is the key aspect in football. I'm just takin everything on board, and enjoying the football. Like I said, it's a hobby still at this level, so when I stop enjoying it, I'll know there's problems lol

Ps... Meant no offence to any club about Sunday mentality. It was meant towards players, rather than clubs.

just spoke to Koo not CCL but Farnborough lost 2 1 to a very strong Wycombe side

Who frankly gives a flying f8ck about a club like that dont give a sh*t about the local community and whose youth section think we exist for their benefit and no-on elses. I suggest you post on a forum that cares.

Now Now Kroony what is all this pent up hatred of Boro, there are a lot of ex CCL players and the management team is ex CCL and I know Koo and Spencer are regular viewers of this forum,Koo is in charge of the youth set up so I'm sure when i speak to him today I will mention it to him about the youth, I know he is working very hard to keep the youth team players from the farnboro area,what is your gripe I think they are doing a fine job and are giving players a chance who wouldn't normally get one.

Perhaps they should stick to their own borough then rather than coming into our and runing 3 different clubs facilities for the sake of their own. I shouldnt be surprised as that club have always been the same.

So what's so wrong in scouting the local area looking for football talent krooner? dont Camberley do that????

I'll agree with Duncs...Div 1 is like a glorified Sunday league, in the Prem you get that extra bit of quality

CCL is Glorified Sunday League !...now where have I heard that before .......nice to see that someone has the same views ;) !

I'll agree with Duncs...Div 1 is like a glorified Sunday league, in the Prem you get that extra bit of quality

ill disagree with that divv 1 has been alot stronger over the last three seasons the teams that have been promoted have faired well in the prem also ie hanworth, south park an farnham now the likes of chobham have gone which was like a sunday side most teams are improving there grounds to move forward!!

Guys from what i hear Tommo is a good up and coming manager and if Sav has bought him to sandhurst he must rate him ,the guy has proved himself at a lower level so this is his next challenge ,i say good luck and hope he and sandhurst have a good season !!!!

no one questioned his ability or his teams just questioning what league he plied his management trade in!!

just spoke to Koo not CCL but Farnborough lost 2 1 to a very strong Wycombe side

Who frankly gives a flying f8ck about a club like that dont give a sh*t about the local community and whose youth section think we exist for their benefit and no-on elses. I suggest you post on a forum that cares.

Now Now Kroony what is all this pent up hatred of Boro, there are a lot of ex CCL players and the management team is ex CCL and I know Koo and Spencer are regular viewers of this forum,Koo is in charge of the youth set up so I'm sure when i speak to him today I will mention it to him about the youth, I know he is working very hard to keep the youth team players from the farnboro area,what is your gripe I think they are doing a fine job and are giving players a chance who wouldn't normally get one.

Perhaps they should stick to their own borough then rather than coming into our and runing 3 different clubs facilities for the sake of their own. I shouldnt be surprised as that club have always been the same.

So what's so wrong in scouting the local area looking for football talent krooner? dont Camberley do that????

nothing wrong with that in the slightest Medic.

ill disagree with that divv 1 has been alot stronger over the last three seasons the teams that have been promoted have faired well in the prem also ie hanworth, south park an farnham now the likes of chobham have gone which was like a sunday side most teams are improving there grounds to move forward!!

I agree Newby. Div 1 used to be poor but with clubs coming in that want to progress it has made it a lot stronger. To be fair the CCL Prem was a bit like this until the Ryman clubs came in and made it stronger because clubs had to up their game which they did and continue to do.

Ellers....haha, I told the boys after that was a once in a lifetime. They will never be involved in a game like that again! Some great goals as well.

Cheers Offside and Chubby, learning is the key aspect in football. I'm just takin everything on board, and enjoying the football. Like I said, it's a hobby still at this level, so when I stop enjoying it, I'll know there's problems lol

Ps... Meant no offence to any club about Sunday mentality. It was meant towards players, rather than clubs.

i get you with the players comment i give 100% to any manager i play but not all players do alot think they just have to turn up to wear the shirt which in my mind is sunday mentality!

I agree Newby. Div 1 used to be poor but with clubs coming in that want to progress it has made it a lot stronger. To be fair the CCL Prem was a bit like this until the Ryman clubs came in and made it stronger because clubs had to up their game which they did and continue to do.

add into that guernsey who are a class above an spelthorne the league gets stronger an stronger , didnt spelly beat windsor an guernsey last season aswell ;)

no one questioned his ability or his teams just questioning what league he plied his management trade in!!

I have come from a lower league yes Newby. But everyone needs to learn there trade. Only reason I went into management was due to a double leg break just over 2 years ago. Otherwise I would still be playing. To be asked to come to Sandhurst wasn't expected, but an opportunity I couldn't turn down. What I can say, is that I have been managing for 2 years now at 2 different clubs. And every side I have managed has won the league title, and reached a cup final. So 2 league titles, and 2 cups finals, winning one which was the Surrey Cup in 2 years isn't a bad starting point. But like i said, it is a step up, and learning everyday. What ever the season holds, or how it pans out, I tend to enjoy every moment.

And ive only just turned 30...so it's very early stages for me.

Edited by Mark-Tommo

I have come from a lower league yes Newby. But everyone needs to learn there trade. Only reason I went into management was due to a double leg break just over 2 years ago. Otherwise I would still be playing. To be asked to come to Sandhurst wasn't expected, but an opportunity I couldn't turn down. What I can say, is that I have been managing for 2 years now at 2 different clubs. And every side I have managed has won the league title, and reached a cup final. So 2 league titles, and 2 cups finals, winning one which was the Surrey Cup in 2 years isn't a bad starting point. But like i said, it is a step up, and learning everyday. What ever the season holds, or how it pans out, I tend to enjoy every moment.

it doesnt matter where you manage mate you win things you an your team are sucessful. you move on with the same team or move up for a gamble or you have confidence in your own ability to just take the oppurtunity which theres nothing wrong with just no big time charlie bit when you win the prem lol you seem like a talisman can you make it three outa three ;)

I agree newby, apart from the fantastic Guernsey Nd the consistent Bedfont I think I'd you down the league that any teams on their day could beat anyone in Div 1! When I joined 4-5 years ago it was abit Sunday league with teams like merrow, tongham, crescent and Chobham all involved. Now I believe Div 1 is a much stronger league and I think not will be even more exciting this year!

Be careful Tommo, you got it all to do to fill the best motivator in the league, the one and only self acclaimed Mr. Motivator's boots, he was the Assistant last season well part of it............. :P !!!