Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey launch their own TV station...

HKP

The TV station wont effect the amount of games I attend home or away.

I don't think the criticism of the league is correct, just because some posters on here are negative does not necessarily reflect the thoughts of the clubs. Personally I have found the CCL league and club people very good and warm people. IF GFC gain promotion then I will have some very happy memories of the CCL. We should always be grateful of the chance they gave GFC, how many other leagues were welcoming?

But don't run before you can walk, long season ahead with clubs more aware of GFC strength's and weakness and then there is the situation with the ground to consider. Steve may seem confident but I shall await more concrete news first.

Guernsey Guru, you are aware that as things stand some of the improvements need to be made by 31st March 2013 for us to stay in the CCL Premier League, let alone look at promotion?

Edited by HKP

Jealous me,your having a Giraffe,can you answer my question regards asking the League and Clubs for their permission or blessing,notice you mention' will be fully'not 'has been fully'in your reply.Part of you joining the CCL was that you payed for teams to visit,was it not,so dont throw that my way.The CCL CLUBS HAVE DONE THEIR PART ALSO,IN GIVING A WARM AN HOSPITABLE WELCOME TO ALL FROM GUERNSEY.What CCL sides can afford I do not know,but take offence at 'PROBABLY NOT EVER AFFORDED' we do go on holidays you know.You come across all BBB to me,no one is slating you for your success,just wish you had consulted first about your TV plans.

The only BBB on here is you Smudge. My comments are not aimed at the clubsnor the league they are aimed at the Guernsey bashers of which you are number one. The only way I can see this stopping is to get out of the CCL and be judged by our football and the experience we can provide rather than how much funding we can generate.

The clubs in the CCL and most indivduals that I have met across the season seem happy with what Guernsey has brought to the party and I too will have fond memories of new found friends following our first seasons in non league football. I just cant handle the way you carry on and on is if everything Guernsey does affects you personally. It is none of your business what GFC do, GFC do not have approach the Court of Smudge for permission to grow and continue to evolve. I have bitten here big time but i just wish you would find something else to do with your time instead of fighting for causes that are nothing to do with you

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you just continue to find new things to pick on. Give it a rest and allow someone positive to respond for a change

As long as they show re-runs of Chucklevision, Knightmare and Dangermouse I'll be happy to pay!

Can one get Guernsey TV in Gloucestershire?

Do you have the Internet in Gloucestershire? If so then yes as it's web-based not an actual tv channel. ;)

We do indeed, Bomaya!

We did have soap, until one of the local yokels thought it was edible :P

Note you did not answer the question asked,this is forum am I not entitled to ask questions then about your Ground and it's suitability for Step 5/4,because if you want rid of CCL it is paramount.Guernsey basher I am not,just ask questions,that if taken onboard by you and your Club,will help you in the long run.

Good luck to Guernsey with this new venture - if it works, then it can only help strengthen what is already a very good club.

Just make sure you get better presenters than Gloucester City has with 'Tigers Radio' - nice chaps but not media savvy at all.

Oh, and would you fancy a Guernsey v Gloucester City game next pre-season? I might be able to pass a note over to David 'Boris' Mehew at the Cinderford friendly on Thursday (if it goes ahead - heard that Cinderford's ground is OK at the moment. Am desperate for some pre-season games as the game v Brislington got rained off!)

The TV station wont effect the amount of games I attend home or away.

I don't think the criticism of the league is correct, just because some posters on here are negative does not necessarily reflect the thoughts of the clubs. Personally I have found the CCL league and club people very good and warm people. IF GFC gain promotion then I will have some very happy memories of the CCL. We should always be grateful of the chance they gave GFC, how many other leagues were welcoming?

Glad to hear it HKP.

I don't think anyone has criticised the league and don't forget that it's the clubs that voted you in not the league.

Sorry when I said the League, I meant the all of the teams in the League.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about ! Jealousy ? nothing else better to do than winge ?!

The people involved with the GFCTV project are very professional and I'm certain that they would have got the necessary permissions needed.

Why do people always mention jealousy whenever someone disagrees with something. It's lame and it sounds like you think you're bigger than the rest of us and we all look up to you. I'm jealous of the attendances you get but that's all.

In the past we had someone videoing all our games. We've had the FA at our ground videoing an FA Youth Cup game, we've been on tv when we got to the FA Cup first round. Someone at Harefield United used to video all their games in the 1980s and show them in full in the bar after the game. That was always worth a chuckle and helped keep players there for a while.

These days the technology is there for any game to be streamed live. I could get myself a camcorder and do it myself but I chose not to. What's to be jealous of?

Is the highlights show going to be along the same format as the old Granada Soccer Night/Soccer Sunday shows?

Looks like I am not the only one not in favour of this....

http://www.ormering.com/Opinions.php

That's a good piece.

I've been reading the Ormering website since it was launched. Very interesting. I've been meaning to email the person running it regarding pubs but I haven't got around to that yet. If you know the person involved, tell them they've made a huge error by leaving The Wheatsheaf off the list of pubs in Farnham. I'd rather go there than any of the others. The Hop Blossom is recommended as well. Good call with the William Cobbett though. :31:

Edited by VPCTFC

Well your mood swings are typical of someone who has got nothing else to whinge about.

One minute your i love Guernsey the next it's slamming them down.

Would clubs really miss out on those 10 people for example who may choose to watch the game on a poor quality internet stream. I most Guernsey supporters would actually be there..... It's hardly the Premier league in HD is it? People at this level of football are here becuase they love the game. No internet feed is going to change that.

Perhaps you should stop floating about. Go and help out at one of your beloved Croydon clubs and pay a visit to Guernsey with them and experience the fantastic welcome and hospitality we received as did all the other clubs

Smudge you continue to infuriate me with your mood swings regarding Guernsey. You have not mentioned anywhere here how much funding GFC has already brought to the CCL in its first season. If Guernsey hadnt joined the CCL then many clubs would have continued to play in front of tiny crowds. GFC must have helped every single club that they have played so far. Firstly they have paid for all visiting teams to have a trip to Guernsey and provided an all inclusive experience that most clubs in the CCL would probably not have ever afforded.The supporters, team and officials have been fantastic ambassadors for our island and increased takings both on the gate and in the bars of all clubs visited. I have now had enough of all Guernsey bashers, I sincerely hope we get out of the CCL first time because after being given the opportunity to join your league we have kept our side of the bargain and could not have done any more for any visiting side and their officials and supporters.

Sometimes in life you just have to surrender, GFC cannot do anymore than wheat they are doing for the CCL. We may not be good enough in our first year but I look forward to moving into a league where we can be part of it rather than being slated because of the success we are acheiving not through luck but through having exceptional administrators and individuals involved in all aspects of our Club. Anything announced in the media will be fully and I mean fully investigated and approved by the necessary governing bodies.

If its not Guernsey its Wembley, jealousy pure jealousy

Here here ! well said Guru !

I don't understand what all the fuss is about ! Jealousy ? nothing else better to do than winge ?!

The people involved with the GFCTV project are very professional and I'm certain that they would have got the necessary permissions needed.

Jealousy Donkey,you do make me laugh.In the Guernsey Press it says All Home and Away games will be streamed live,so for £2.99 a Month,you can sit at home with your wife and kids,and watch your Green Lions at Camberley,the first 2 streamed games are Free.Must be a no brainer for you,it must save you at least £200.Just hope and will say it again,that Guernsey FC have done the decent thing and contacted the League and all CCL Clubs about this proposed venture,because Guernsey FC being so well run,will not run this at a loss.My reasoning behind this is that last year,in their inaugeration season,PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES were Free to Season Ticket Holders,this year they are not.Entrance Fees have risen by £2 across the board this year.A classic example of a so called Community Club looking after the Communities Interests,NOT.At least Wembley had the decency to pay CCL Clubs for filming at their grounds last Season,and let them know what was occurring ,hope that Guernsey will do the same at least.

The GFCTV won't affect the amount of games I choose to watch away and as a season ticket holder I will go to all home games. It won't affect our home gate. It will mean our UK based fans will be able to watch our home games though.

I am currently unemployed so that will affect me travelling ! at least I will be able to watch the away games at home until I'm financially able to travel again.

Why do people always mention jealousy whenever someone disagrees with something. It's lame and it sounds like you think you're bigger than the rest of us and we all look up to you. I'm jealous of the attendances you get but that's all.

In the past we had someone videoing all our games. We've had the FA at our ground videoing an FA Youth Cup game, we've been on tv when we got to the FA Cup first round. Someone at Harefield United used to video all their games in the 1980s and show them in full in the bar after the game. That was always worth a chuckle and helped keep players there for a while.

These days the technology is there for any game to be streamed live. I could get myself a camcorder and do it myself but I chose not to. What's to be jealous of?

Certain teams always get bashed on here Guernsey, Wembley and Windsor - theres a pattern there isn't there ! You don't have to be a genius to work out what it is.....

I'll give you a clue if you are a bit dim M_N_Y

The only BBB on here is you Smudge. My comments are not aimed at the clubsnor the league they are aimed at the Guernsey bashers of which you are number one. The only way I can see this stopping is to get out of the CCL and be judged by our football and the experience we can provide rather than how much funding we can generate.

The clubs in the CCL and most indivduals that I have met across the season seem happy with what Guernsey has brought to the party and I too will have fond memories of new found friends following our first seasons in non league football. I just cant handle the way you carry on and on is if everything Guernsey does affects you personally. It is none of your business what GFC do, GFC do not have approach the Court of Smudge for permission to grow and continue to evolve. I have bitten here big time but i just wish you would find something else to do with your time instead of fighting for causes that are nothing to do with you

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you just continue to find new things to pick on. Give it a rest and allow someone positive to respond for a change

GG, now you know why I call him TWO FACE !...wait for it he will say shortly I LOVE GUERNSEY.......... ;) !

GG, I for one commend Guernsey on being a truely professional outfit. Its encouraging to see the dynamics of the club wanting to achieve, and if it incorporates their own TV good luck on you, what other clubs can boast having their own TV at this level bar one I can think of. If the club can afford it, have the man power which they should have, then go for it,.

I can't wait to visit Footes Lane again, and will do as much as possible this season., I look forward to watching Guernsey play more so than last season against higher and better opposition, then I can get my own general impression of your team...(nb) notebook in hand ;) !

I have said it before, don't knock Guernsey a thoroughly true professionally run team/club which other clubs could learn from without being disrespectful to other clubs, just watch how they conduct themselves !

Wish you all the best and don't bother listenening to rubbish, you carry on doing what you're doing, but you're ground work to meet the appropriate grading needs addressing immediately.. :o ! .