Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey launch their own TV station...

HKP

Looks like I am not the only one not in favour of this....

http://www.ormering.com/Opinions.php

That's a good piece.

I've been reading the Ormering website since it was launched. Very interesting. I've been meaning to email the person running it regarding pubs but I haven't got around to that yet. If you know the person involved, tell them they've made a huge error by leaving The Wheatsheaf off the list of pubs in Farnham. I'd rather go there than any of the others. The Hop Blossom is recommended as well. Good call with the William Cobbett though. :31:

Cheers for the tip VP. Will amend the website accordingly.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about ! Jealousy ? nothing else better to do than winge ?!

The people involved with the GFCTV project are very professional and I'm certain that they would have got the necessary permissions needed.

Why do people always mention jealousy whenever someone disagrees with something. It's lame and it sounds like you think you're bigger than the rest of us and we all look up to you. I'm jealous of the attendances you get but that's all.

In the past we had someone videoing all our games. We've had the FA at our ground videoing an FA Youth Cup game, we've been on tv when we got to the FA Cup first round. Someone at Harefield United used to video all their games in the 1980s and show them in full in the bar after the game. That was always worth a chuckle and helped keep players there for a while.

These days the technology is there for any game to be streamed live. I could get myself a camcorder and do it myself but I chose not to. What's to be jealous of?

Certain teams always get bashed on here Guernsey, Wembley and Windsor - theres a pattern there isn't there ! You don't have to be a genius to work out what it is.....

I'll give you a clue if you are a bit dim M_N_Y

No reply, I thought not :rolleyes:

I don't understand what all the fuss is about ! Jealousy ? nothing else better to do than winge ?!

The people involved with the GFCTV project are very professional and I'm certain that they would have got the necessary permissions needed.

Why do people always mention jealousy whenever someone disagrees with something. It's lame and it sounds like you think you're bigger than the rest of us and we all look up to you. I'm jealous of the attendances you get but that's all.

In the past we had someone videoing all our games. We've had the FA at our ground videoing an FA Youth Cup game, we've been on tv when we got to the FA Cup first round. Someone at Harefield United used to video all their games in the 1980s and show them in full in the bar after the game. That was always worth a chuckle and helped keep players there for a while.

These days the technology is there for any game to be streamed live. I could get myself a camcorder and do it myself but I chose not to. What's to be jealous of?

Certain teams always get bashed on here Guernsey, Wembley and Windsor - theres a pattern there isn't there ! You don't have to be a genius to work out what it is.....

No reply, I thought not :rolleyes:

Here’s a reply then. I’m not jealous at all about the above three clubs and couldn’t really careless whether GFC TV goes ahead or not. I would just like to point out that it was announced on the 13th about having all Guernsey matches televised and they are still in the process of gaining permission for the away games. Very professional indeed. They seemed to forget that they would need permission from the other teams in the CCL. Guernsey are one club in the CCL not the CCL

Maybe they were advised from authorities on high that they did not need permission from the other teams in the CCL - whether this is right or wrong GFC are following guidance given before doing anything. Mind you we are so rich that we can do what we want when we want - so what is the problem?

'Get a life get GFC covered'

GFC or BBB (depending on who you are)

Mind you we are so rich that we can do what we want when we want - so what is the problem?

SMH

Maybe they were advised from authorities on high that they did not need permission from the other teams in the CCL - whether this is right or wrong GFC are following guidance given before doing anything. Mind you we are so rich that we can do what we want when we want - so what is the problem?

'Get a life get GFC covered'

GFC or BBB (depending on who you are)

Get real. What world do you live in (obviously your own). Of course you need permission to film on private property or are Guernsey that rich that they have bought up all the CCL league grounds without anybody knowing it. Your club has been caught with it ‘pants down’ with its early announcement but give them their dues they are now seeking the permission required to rectify the situation. Statements such as:- ‘Mind you we are so rich that we can do what we want when we want - so what is the problem?’ does not do your club any favours whatsoever.

Here we go again. Why do you keep thinking Guernsey are special? You're not - you're just another team. We've all dealt with bigger clubs than you in the past - those of us in the Ryman League had the pleasure of Aldershot Town, those in the CCL at the time had AFC Wimbledon.

The majority of clubs have had our share of criticism on this forum, including Camberley. Some of us are able to laugh it off. It appears some people take it to heart though. Get over it.

Edited by VPCTFC

I don't think most of you get GG sense of humour ! lol

We don't think we are special but we are the always the team everyone wants to take a dig at. Maybe your time spent slagging off Guernsey and our innovative ideas would be better served thinking up your own ideas to generate revenue for your own clubs ?

Was it raining hard in Guernsey tonight,lowest crowd so far for a pre season game,or were they all at home watching the game on Guernsey TV for £2.99.Remember 1000 x 5 is better than 600 x 7.

Edited by Smudge

Good Man GD. Cant make the home game at is still the middle of the Cricket season but wil defo be coming to Guenrsey for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to see if the Croydon highlights were available but they don't appear to be yet.

Noticed that even though I registered as a UK citizen it is asking I pay £2.99 per live game. I thought it was going to be free for 'away' fans to watch or was I imagining that?

Half answering my own question here:

It is free, just ignore the subscription options in MyGFCTV.

To watch the live stream 'Log in' once registered>Click 'Live' from the top menu>Click 'Click to Play'

The stream starts 5 minutes before the scheduled kick off time.

It has been mentioned that Camberly Town may not allow this match to be streamed to UK IP addresses. This is beyond our or [www.guernseyfc.tv] control. Please check [www.guernseyfc.tv] for any updates.

As a point of reference:- Anyone who has purchased a Community Supporters Club membership from [www.guernseyfc.com] will need to use the SAME email address when registering with [www.guernseyfc.tv] to receive a discounted subscription.

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------

So Camberley have blocked the channel from being shown to those over here. Not entirely surprised. Wonder if others will follow suit.

Edited by bomaya