Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A Question?

But you lot do get dreadfully defensive and that just encourages people. . For the record I say fair play to Guernsey for all they have done and will do, cant wait to go over this season and meet a load of the posters on here.

personally i dont have a gripe with guernsey very professional a decent team an nice people an there addition to the football pyramid is all good to take as you say guernsey footballers to the next level! as kroons suggests your all way to defensive an its boring theres not many who are against they just ask questions others daren't . you obviously haven't been on here much as smudge an nice guy like to ask those questions!!! every an i mean every team will get people trying to knock them when there sucessful

OK guys - as stated before I know that I have bitten big time about all of this but it just wears me down as GFC try to do everything by the book but just keep coming up short in some peoples opinions. It may be an island mentality that makes me over defensive towards my team but I do enjoy being part of the CCL and reading this forum to find out the positive aspects of being part of non league football. I hate the negativity of certain do gooders on here even if the stories are not involving GFC but when they are involving GFC I can only take so much!! It also kills me that most of the gripes seem to be from people who are not actually involved with clubs themselves and therefore their time could be better spent joining a club and putting their efforts to some good use instead of sitting in front of their computer screens dreaming up the next thread or creating gutter press out of half truths

It just doesnt do the CCL any good in my biting opinion. I look forward to seeing you all in Guernsey and at your clubs during this season because as last year I will not miss a home or away game whether it is live on the TV or not!!

I don’t think there is anything wrong with asking questions, whether anyone answers is up to them! Most of the questions posed are valid and why should people not ask or even criticise GFC? We all become too blinkered and too defensive at times, especially when its concerning something that is dear to our heart. (Me included!)

I am not the only Guernsey fan a little unsure about the TV plan, quite a few have spoken to me and even the boys at ormering.com have voiced their concerns.

Even though I love being part of GFC why shouldn't I and others offer constructive ccriticism or even ask questions when you feel that is correct?

You get to meet so many good people through GFC and CCL, hell I even heard Smudge sing along with us at a match! His bark is worse than his bite, and whilst our paths have crossed a few times on here the one thing for sure he is very passionate about CCL.

To make comments like I can’t wait to get out of the CCL is quite disrespectful to the many good people at CCL and the member clubs. We should never forget that without them we would all still be watching Priaulx football.

At the moment we are the big name in the CCL, so the club will always face more criticism than others.

Edited by HKP

Thanks for those kind remarks H.K.P.I did indeed sing along with the Guernsey Faithful at Worcester Park last year,and met a great bunch of supporters and shared a few beers.

Likewise cheered Staines Lammas onto victory in their Surrey Cup Final Victory,and shared a few beers.

Likewise supported South Park a few times last season,as well as Raynes Park against Faversham in the F.A. Cup,. reason every Club in the CCL is foremost Friendly and welcoming.Lets finish on this,I LOVE YOU ALL in one way or another,but at least this thread,got you posting over 4000 hits in 1 day.Mission accomplished.XXXX

Guru,I will follow Guernsey over a cliff,wherever they go,I LOVE GUERNSEY!!!!!!!!

There you go GG, ''I LOVE GUERNSEY'' good old TWO FACE never lets you down, I told you he couldn't resist !!! ;)

Edited by NICE GUY

GG, GD, HKP let it be said that as I have said on numerous occasiopns, Guernsey are a breath of fresh air to the CCL. GFC are very professional in their outlook, not BTK, genuine polite people and most welcomhg when I visited Footes Lane last season.

Ignore all the negitivity on here, go your own way and prove that your profesionalism leads the way for otherclubs to follow. Just one thing GG that comment about not being involved in a club instead of sitting in front of a computer, well where would the groundhoppers go ? There are people who do not want to be involved in a club/s they just want to go around the country visiting different grounds and meeting different people........also don't forget the scouts that watch games as well ......... ;) !!

I DO love Guernsey........ :D !!!

Such a creep NO FACE,SUCKERING UP TO THE GUERNSEYITES,WE ALL KNOW THEY HAVE MORE WONGA THAN WINDSOR,THAT YOU NEVER STOP KNOCKING,you are turning into a clone of SMUDGE.I LOVE WINDSOR.

Edited by Smudge

I think Guernsey are to be applauded for considering the idea. Lets face it; 2 home games for them will probably attract more spectators than an entire season's worth for most CCL Premier clubs so if they want to stream games then go for it. If this venture raises the profile of the CCL then it can't be a bad thing either.

Best not inform Smudge of the windfall that CB Hounslow have had then... ;)

I think Guernsey are to be applauded for considering the idea. Lets face it; 2 home games for them will probably attract more spectators than an entire season's worth for most CCL Premier clubs so if they want to stream games then go for it. If this venture raises the profile of the CCL then it can't be a bad thing either.

Would expect no less from you Ed,belittling other Clubs,Guernsey's crowds are 5 times bigger than an ex Bankrupt re born same again Club.At least they paid there bills,whats your excuse?

Would expect no less from you Ed,belittling other Clubs,Guernsey's crowds are 5 times bigger than an ex Bankrupt re born same again Club.At least they paid there bills,whats your excuse?

Right, I've had no dinner, so here comes a big chomp...

I stopped posting here after achieving the near-impossible, specifically getting Nice Guy and Smudge to agree! Both called for me to stop posting here within the same thread and to be honest, it was an easy call to make to stop getting involved in the inteminable rows.

I lurked, though, and have read many things - this last one is a low blow indeed. Smudge, it is not the Windsor Programme Editor's fault that Windsor & Eton FC was wound up (unless he was a director of the club and even then he could be absolved of all blame if the club was run like the Chairman's fiefdom). Whatever the rights and wrongs of Windsor FC being at Step 5, the sins of the old club cannot be laid at the door of the new club.

Similarly, why all the white noise about "Guernsey TV"? It's simple - either the League owns the rights to filming games, in which case they do a deal with the powers that be on the filming side and dish the money out among the other clubs OR they let clubs make the call on a game-by-game basis. Home club not happy = no broadcast.

Either way, there's no major problem. Yes, I know Under-18s play in the CCL, but obtain a release from the League befoe the season starts. None of this is rocket science and it happens at Steps 3 & 4 all the time.

There's an old saying" all pubicity id good publicity".

BEANO, DEAR CHAP/CHAPETTE,you come on here at 12.10am,lecturing fellow posters about the rights and wrongs of what posters post on the CCL Forum,naming my good friend NICE GUY and myself,we do not have rows .we have debates,sometimes we agree mostly we do not,thats what a Forum is all about.You defend Windsor Ed,but his post denegrated fellow CCL Clubs for there low attendance,in relation to Guernsey,so BBB in my opinion.At least and I WILL REPEAT IT AGAIN,THEY KNOCKED NO ONE.If however they had borrowed £600,000 and had not had to pay it back,they may well be in a different position,say Evo Stik one Central,where Ashford Town (MIDDX) are,your Club I believe.People in glass houses should not throw stones,another great motto people should use.Now lets get onto the 2nd point in your post,which is probably the main reason for your big bite,my posts re A QUESTION this discusses the handling of the proposal,all be it splashed over the Guernsey Press for Streaming Live Matches,before it is a done deal or is it,this concerns a fellow Ashford Town friend,who also does a sterling job as CCL Secretary,you do not like him being put down,well all the committees I have sat on,things are done by discussion an a vote if needed to decide the outcome,would you agree that this is the right way to go about things,before a decision is made.As for Guernsey should they be given different dispensation than other CCL Clubs,in my opinion they have not contacted other Clubs about their proposals,just a nod and a wink seems to do the job.What makes things worse for me is that I learnt this week that Croydon FC got fined £300 for not fulfilling a fixture against MOLESEY,due to Dixon Gill being hospitalised due to illness,yet Badshot Lea got fined £0 for not fielding a Team at Horley Town,is that how things work in the CCL.ONE RULE FOR SOME,ONE RULE FOR OTHERS.ANYWAY Beano feel free to pop in anytime,if your not to busy on the RYMAN,EVO STIK,NON LEAGUE MATTERS FORUM,this site is busier you know,because we are not all one club posters,like myself,as no club wants me,friendless but honest thats me,take it or leave it.

Chapette? I have given you my name on here, Smudge, my gender should not be in doubt.

Windsor Ed denigrated no one, he stated his opinion, based on the facts. Guernsey FC's crowds are huge for Step 5 and 6, most CCL clubs (and Ashford Town (Middlesex), come to that) would dream of such attendances. When Windsor & Eton FC went bust, they were at Step 3 - that is, one level above Ashford. They got there by, essentially, cheating and they got liquidated. While, at the time, I felt Step 5 was one level too high for Windsor FC, that was what The FA decided so that is that. The old club is dead, the new club deserves the chance to make its own way.

I don't understand your "glass houses" reference - are you aiming that at me or the Ed?

As for this TV thing, don't believe everything you read in the papers! Whitelaw has not said it is a done deal - he has said it will go to the Management Committee and quoted precedent relating to Wembley FC. Just because a media report in Guernsey has jumped the gun doesn't mean the League have done anything wrong, or that a decision has been made without a vote.

Equally, alleging that the CCL Board apply their rules differently for different clubs could land you in trouble, as you are potentially casting aspersions on their integrity. I would imagine (I don't know) that the circumstances between the two postponements you have learnt about this week are very different, which is why the outcomes for the clubs concerned vary. While Whitelaw is, indeed, my friend, he certainly needs no help in defending himself and he would certainly rebut your suggestion of "one rule for some" were he not up to his eyes in fixtures.

Friendless? Read your last post on this thread again and ask yourself why.

You need to get a kebab on your way home next time Beano :)

Hope you are well and all is good at Ashford.

Beano on toast is a favourite snack in our house Kroons. I much preferred his rants under the "Harry Potter" pseudonym ;)

Oh yes Happy Days.