Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Someone needs to come Clean

My old dad bless his soul,once said to me 'Never con a conner ,never kid a kidder'If you do not know what I mean, you lead a protective Life.We on this Forum were misled by a poster SPARK1,ONLY 2 POSTS,I MAY ADD,that his Club had been contacted by Guernsey FC Regards streaming LIVE GAMES from his Club.He however failed to name his CLUB,a la No Face Nice Guy who no one knows,Funny?Well yours truly has made contact with 5 CCL CLUBS in person,and guess what, they were unaware of any proposals in the pipeline,for GUERNSEY FC'S new venture as advertised on GUERNSEY PRESS Regards their tv channel,they had not been contacted by phone,text,E.MAIL from anyone at Guernsey FC,nor I may say the League Committee,who have a right surely to look after their Member Clubs interests at all times,as they do pay a Membership Fee of alledgely £500 per annum.My advice to all Premier Clubs would be to negotiate a sizeable Fee with Guernsey, to allow them access to your GroundWhich you are within your rights to do.Just wish all people were open and upfront about their intentions,life would be so much better,for all concerned remember NEVER CON A CONNER,NEVER KID A KIDDER.number 1 rule in SMUDGE'S RULEBOOK.

That is pretty low, well done Detective Smudge.

I guess that the CCL Officials will have to send their cheque to Baker Street in the near future?

Speaking of fakers, I should let people know that a manager advertising his services on various non-league scouting/personnel sites is an out and out bullpooper - Freddi Stroland is his name, and he is like a spoof 80s rock band... namely bad news! Avoid at all costs!

My old dad bless his soul,once said to me 'Never con a conner ,never kid a kidder'If you do not know what I mean, you lead a protective Life.We on this Forum were misled by a poster SPARK1,ONLY 2 POSTS,I MAY ADD,that his Club had been contacted by Guernsey FC Regards streaming LIVE GAMES from his Club.He however failed to name his CLUB,a la No Face Nice Guy who no one knows,Funny?Well yours truly has made contact with 5 CCL CLUBS in person,and guess what, they were unaware of any proposals in the pipeline,for GUERNSEY FC'S new venture as advertised on GUERNSEY PRESS Regards their tv channel,they had not been contacted by phone,text,E.MAIL from anyone at Guernsey FC,nor I may say the League Committee,who have a right surely to look after their Member Clubs interests at all times,as they do pay a Membership Fee of alledgely £500 per annum.My advice to all Premier Clubs would be to negotiate a sizeable Fee with Guernsey, to allow them access to your GroundWhich you are within your rights to do.Just wish all people were open and upfront about their intentions,life would be so much better,for all concerned remember NEVER CON A CONNER,NEVER KID A KIDDER.number 1 rule in SMUDGE'S RULEBOOK.

Just playing devils advocate Smudge - are you sure Spark100 isn't a League Official ?

Edited by Green_Fingers

Just playing devils advocate Smudge - are you sure Sparky100 isn't a League Official ?

Sparky100 is club secretary at south park.

If it helps put your troubled mind at rest Smudge I was contacted last weekend by an official of Guernsey FC to discuss the TV proposal. You can see from my tag who I am and what club I'm from so it is OFFICIAL. The simple fact that you have spoken to people means nothing as they may not be in the loop yet or simply not the person who has been contacted. It may also be that they choose only to show certain away games and it may be those clubs that are the only ones contacted. I'm sure the league member clubs are perfectly capable of negotiating any 'fees' they deem suitable after all they do manage to run football clubs every year without your help. With regards to the league management committee you made a comment previously about the 'tail wagging the dog' but please remember these persons are elected to serve the member clubs' interests and, therefore, because there is no rule covering TV or filming in general they would not need to be informed by Guernsey FC in advance. I am though pretty certain that once Guernsy FC have sorted out all the details that they will then present the league with a formal proposal to put to its' member clubs.

Clubs at most levels of non-league football do not survive on gate receipts so the possible loss of 1 or 10 away supporters is not going to send them under ! From my understanding of the arrangement only Guernsey supporters would pay the pay-per-view fee or season ticket as the opposition clubs would have free access for their away fixture when they travel to Guernsey which, for supporters in general, is a very good deal as there will be a number who can't make/afford the trip to Guernsey but their club still has a great opportunity to stream the game live in the clubhouse and make a few bob over their bar.

I really don't understand your concerns over the matter and if Guernsey just happen to make a few bob which helps keep the club running then they have nothing but admiration from me for finding a new stream of funding which all clubs could do with.

From my understanding of the arrangement only Guernsey supporters would pay the pay-per-view fee or season ticket as the opposition clubs would have free access for their away fixture when they travel to Guernsey

Not sure how that would work.

If it helps put your troubled mind at rest Smudge I was contacted last weekend by an official of Guernsey FC to discuss the TV proposal. You can see from my tag who I am and what club I'm from so it is OFFICIAL. The simple fact that you have spoken to people means nothing as they may not be in the loop yet or simply not the person who has been contacted. It may also be that they choose only to show certain away games and it may be those clubs that are the only ones contacted. I'm sure the league member clubs are perfectly capable of negotiating any 'fees' they deem suitable after all they do manage to run football clubs every year without your help. With regards to the league management committee you made a comment previously about the 'tail wagging the dog' but please remember these persons are elected to serve the member clubs' interests and, therefore, because there is no rule covering TV or filming in general they would not need to be informed by Guernsey FC in advance. I am though pretty certain that once Guernsy FC have sorted out all the details that they will then present the league with a formal proposal to put to its' member clubs.

Clubs at most levels of non-league football do not survive on gate receipts so the possible loss of 1 or 10 away supporters is not going to send them under ! From my understanding of the arrangement only Guernsey supporters would pay the pay-per-view fee or season ticket as the opposition clubs would have free access for their away fixture when they travel to Guernsey which, for supporters in general, is a very good deal as there will be a number who can't make/afford the trip to Guernsey but their club still has a great opportunity to stream the game live in the clubhouse and make a few bob over their bar.

I really don't understand your concerns over the matter and if Guernsey just happen to make a few bob which helps keep the club running then they have nothing but admiration from me for finding a new stream of funding which all clubs could do with.

Interestingly you mention 'it,maybe only that they show some away games'you as a Club would be happy for this to happen then.And Windsor as a Club would show the game for FREE in their Clubhouse?

Edited by Smudge

bomaya, I'm not technically minded but surely it's all about programming a decoder or even just a password ? It can't be any different to joining a members only forum where you pay a fee for the services you get ? The webmaster clears your access and only he would know if you've paid for it or whether it's a freebie !

Smudge, in principle we have agreed with Guernsey to allow it to happen [further details pending] but the simple fact is that there are a number of clubs in the league where the floodlights simply wouldn't be good enough to show a midweek game for example.

For many of our supporters though [myself included] time and cost restraints wil prevent our usual number of away supporters travelling to Guernsey so the opportunity to open up the bar and fill it with people spending money whilst seeing their team in action is a no-brainer !

So Guernsey have done a survey of all CCL Premier Clubs,as regards their Lights? Maybe the next request will be for early Saturday 1 pm kick offs,to accomodate Clubs getting FREE STREAMING in the Winter months,not just Midweek games.So that they can get their Match covered from Footes Lane?

For many of our supporters though [myself included] time and cost restraints wil prevent our usual number of away supporters travelling to Guernsey so the opportunity to open up the bar and fill it with people spending money whilst seeing their team in action is a no-brainer !

Sounds good!

I assume the idea for UK clubs would be to stream it off the internet, onto a laptop and then use a projector to view the match on a large screen? As there is unlikely to be any commentary no sound output will be required.

Edited by HKP

If this is your only issue in life Smudge you are a very lucky man. You just cannot leave it alone, you just cannot stop poking the beehive and one day soon you are going to get very badly stung. I say again GFC would not rip any one off, would not jeopardise any of the good will already accruing with CCL Clubs or League Management. Again it will surprise you to hear that GFC do not have to contact you personally to get clearance on any current or new revenue streams. GFC have obviously contacted certain individuals at clubs and at the league management committee (maybe not the ones you are calling to try and catch GFC out but certain individuals) to discuss the pro's and con's of this TV issue and now that I understand that it will be free to the UK clubs for their supporters it only further tells me that this is a good thing for all involved. GFCTV is now being advertised all over the GFC website and in our local media and there is no way that this would be happening without all of the relevant permissions being in place. For gods sake go and find something else to fill your time with, maybe build a model or paint your house, just stop typing rubbish

GG - he has only asked questions that other people have also considered and he only seems to want things done properly.

He asked the clubs and made his posts based on the responses he got which seems fair enough. I'm assuming he asked committee people rather than the tealadies so he can't be blamed too much.

Whilst he seems very focused on GFC I don't think he means it in a malicious way.

Isn't this becoming eletist if its just about floodlights then why not contact the clubs whose lights are deemed unsuitable and let them carry out any work required,I must say that I find this floodlight thing a bit misleading as all clubs in the CCL Prem have to pass a certain lighting Criteria to be in this league so there can't be that much wrong with any of them,I think all clubs should be contacted by the league and asked if the games can be shown and not just the chosen (rich) few.

I must say that I find this floodlight thing a bit misleading as all clubs in the CCL Prem have to pass a certain lighting Criteria to be in this league so there can't be that much wrong with any of them

I was thinking that!

If this is your only issue in life Smudge you are a very lucky man. You just cannot leave it alone, you just cannot stop poking the beehive and one day soon you are going to get very badly stung. I say again GFC would not rip any one off, would not jeopardise any of the good will already accruing with CCL Clubs or League Management. Again it will surprise you to hear that GFC do not have to contact you personally to get clearance on any current or new revenue streams. GFC have obviously contacted certain individuals at clubs and at the league management committee (maybe not the ones you are calling to try and catch GFC out but certain individuals) to discuss the pro's and con's of this TV issue and now that I understand that it will be free to the UK clubs for their supporters it only further tells me that this is a good thing for all involved. GFCTV is now being advertised all over the GFC website and in our local media and there is no way that this would be happening without all of the relevant permissions being in place. For gods sake go and find something else to fill your time with, maybe build a model or paint your house, just stop typing rubbish

I'm with Smudge on this one. Sky, the BBC, ITV, ESPN and Budweiser will all pay clubs to show live games, why shouldn't Guernsey? After all, they're charging a subscription for viewing it so I presume they're aiming to make money out of it. If you want to be treated the same as everyone else, pay up like everyone else. What you do at your own ground is your business but going to away grounds is different.

If all it was is something like TRS does, person turns up with camera, films game, creates highlights, shows them for free, then no problems but I can assure you some clubs will not let you make a profit by using their grounds without payment. ;)

Edited by VPCTFC