Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Signings By Club 2012/13

BJ Christie AFC Dunstable to Dunstable Town. Massive loss to AFC but we wish him all the best. Offer was too good to turn down for him.

As much as i like AFC both Dunstable teams should be ashamed of themselves poaching each others players and spending all this money on them ... Specially when you have the lights of hanwell, oxhey jets, st margs, london colney that struggle to pay a fuel receipt and there around you in the league if not better. I recon you could prob crack a deal to get Anstead, putman and matty newman for that BJ's wage!

And seeing all players i know what deal i would rather. More fool you boys for splashing the papers though.

As much as i like AFC both Dunstable teams should be ashamed of themselves poaching each others players and spending all this money on them ... Specially when you have the lights of hanwell, oxhey jets, st margs, london colney that struggle to pay a fuel receipt and there around you in the league if not better. I recon you could prob crack a deal to get Anstead, putman and matty newman for that BJ's wage!

And seeing all players i know what deal i would rather. More fool you boys for splashing the papers though.

I can offically inform you we do not pay our players a wage. They get a small win bonus but nothing to write home about. No players this season have come to AFC from DTFC.

I can offically inform you we do not pay our players a wage. They get a small win bonus but nothing to write home about. No players this season have come to AFC from DTFC.

My apologies then , i read something saying about paid holidays and they only offered the same wage you were paying him? Which by what hes been telling everyone was quite abit.

So sorry for reading bad press and i take it back about AFC. ^^^^ did say i liked your mob though OD to be fair. Like two different planets your clubs.

Small win bonus lol he left because he wants to play for a team who have history,class and a chance to win the league no brainier really.

:hidesbehindsofa:

My apologies then , i read something saying about paid holidays and they only offered the same wage you were paying him? Which by what hes been telling everyone was quite abit.

So sorry for reading bad press and i take it back about AFC. ^^^^ did say i liked your mob though OD to be fair. Like two different planets your clubs.

Thanks Bodger. Firstly it's best to ignore Bearman's immature comments, he still has a "Bee in his bonnet" about being out bantered and exposed for his childish and completely inaccurate comments on a different post. Anyway, I will defend Dunstable Town or any other club lucky enough to have money, and what they do with it is their business. AFC have lost a good number of players this season to Dunstable because Dunstable have backers who are willing to put big money in to get promoted, just the same as Royston last season. I don't think their is any shame in that, and it obviously helps achieve your ambition by getting the best players.

Maybe where their is more of a debate is as you say, "why do they not go for players like Anstead, Putman, and Stacey Field?" who have scored twice as many goals as BJ? Surely AFC do not, and never have had the best players around, unless there is ulterior motive of course?

Edited by smellynuts

Thanks Bodger. Firstly it's best to ignore Bearman's immature comments, he still has a "Bee in his bonnet" about being out bantered and exposed for his childish and completely inaccurate comments on a different post. Anyway, I will defend Dunstable Town or any other club lucky enough to have money, and what they do with it is their business. AFC have lost a good number of players this season to Dunstable because Dunstable have backers who are willing to put big money in to get promoted, just the same as Royston last season. I don't think their is any shame in that, and it obviously helps achieve your ambition by getting the best players.

Maybe where their is more of a debate is as you say, "why do they not go for players like Anstead, Putman, and Stacey Field?" who have scored twice as many goals as BJ? Surely AFC do not, and never have had the best players around, unless there is ulterior motive of course?

Yeah i totally accept your comments on clubs wanting to reach there goals but what some of these players get paid in this league they wouldnt get 2 leagues above . I dont begrudge anyone earning this cash as long as it is coming from these backers and not out the clubs which in turn just kills these grassroot teams on the long term. But i fully accept theres alot of travelling and its an extremely competetive level and players do derserve some rewards as you have there with the win bonus which is a nice idea, just comparing the big payers and there teams to the clubs around them.

So do you think you're win bonus would be enough to invite one of the other big name goalscorers along to AFC or will you be looking local again to replace BJ? .... Or neither and going to get through without him?

Yeah i totally accept your comments on clubs wanting to reach there goals but what some of these players get paid in this league they wouldnt get 2 leagues above . I dont begrudge anyone earning this cash as long as it is coming from these backers and not out the clubs which in turn just kills these grassroot teams on the long term. But i fully accept theres alot of travelling and its an extremely competetive level and players do derserve some rewards as you have there with the win bonus which is a nice idea, just comparing the big payers and there teams to the clubs around them.

So do you think you're win bonus would be enough to invite one of the other big name goalscorers along to AFC or will you be looking local again to replace BJ? .... Or neither and going to get through without him?

Mate, we seriously have 3 excellent options to replace BJ. Jay Blackett has been playing out of position in the whole but is best up top. Likewise Stefan Tracey when starting has been playing out of position out wide, which is unfair for such a talent, and Ryan Smith is also a top goalscorer and has scored loads of goals when starting for us, so although BJ is a hard act to follow we have some great options.

Munch, due to uni Felix was never around long enough to play first team.

Maybe where their is more of a debate is as you say, "why do they not go for players like Anstead, Putman, and Stacey Field?" who have scored twice as many goals as BJ?

Putman has 49 goals this season but none against the mighty Hanwell Town of course ;)

From what i was told by some of the Oxhey Jets people is that they have had approaches from other local clubs for Putman but nothing to tempt him away he is a local guy who enjoys playing footy with his mates so i think he is very happy at Oxhey Jets FC and i dont think he will be leaving the club anytime soon i think he would like to play at a higher level with Oxhey Jets FC.

Edited by Savagebee

Lol can't believe your still knocking the real team in Dunstable so there is a conspiracy against you now lol you really are a lemon.

And another big bite.....reel him in again! :redbanana: :514:

II was asked about bj a while ago from a manager from a team in the evo stik premier ,but suggested and signed another forward instead.good luck to him and banter aside good luck to afc and smellyguts who totally out bantered me .lol they have done really well in recent years fair play.

Putman has 49 goals this season but none against the mighty Hanwell Town of course ;)

From what i was told by some of the Oxhey Jets people is that they have had approaches from other local clubs for Putman but nothing to tempt him away he is a local guy who enjoys playing footy with his mates so i think he is very happy at Oxhey Jets FC and i dont think he will be leaving the club anytime soon i think he would like to play at a higher level with Oxhey Jets FC.

That's what I heard Savage but don't think we could have him at AFC, he would choke out the dressing rooms and besides we are all none smokers!

II was asked about bj a while ago from a manager from a team in the evo stik premier ,but suggested and signed another forward instead.good luck to him and banter aside good luck to afc and smellyguts who totally out bantered me .lol they have done really well in recent years fair play.

Now why didnt you say that in the first place Mr B, now we are going to have to be nice to each other and I'm going to have to start liking you. On the down side, this forum is going to be a lot more boring!

Edited by smellynuts