Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rumours!

Its unfortunate in this day and age that we still have people trying to lie their way into non league football clubs with promises of extra cash and other stuff, praying on the vulnerability of hard working non league folk.

So many people with a little bit of money that know nothing about the game that do it unfortunately. They realise they'll never get into a club with their football ability / knowledge so just promise money to the club and then ask for a role in the football side as well. You just hope your chairman knows enough about the game to tell them where to stick it....

Edited by Luke

The thing is can clubs afford to turn down such incentives?

Money is extremely tight at most levels of the game (even clubs like Everton are struggling to survive!) so when offered a chunk of money, can a club really say no to it?

If, for example, Nick Griffin offered to put a five figure sum into your club if they were struggling would you take the money or reject it due to who he is and what his politics are?

Its unfortunate in this day and age that we still have people trying to lie their way into non league football clubs with promises of extra cash and other stuff, praying on the vulnerability of hard working non league folk.

So many people with a little bit of money that know nothing about the game that do it unfortunately. They realise they'll never get into a club with their football ability / knowledge so just promise money to the club and then ask for a role in the football side as well. You just hope your chairman knows enough about the game to tell them where to stick it....

Instead you get Chairmen that give someone the Managers Job,who promises the earth then delivers naff all.Marvels me how some get a job in the 1st place.You can judge a players improvement,if he steps up a level.How do you judge a Manager ,Coach?Give me a money man everytime.

Instead you get Chairmen that give someone the Managers Job,who promises the earth then delivers naff all.Marvels me how some get a job in the 1st place.You can judge a players improvement,if he steps up a level.How do you judge a Manager ,Coach?Give me a money man everytime.

You'll find that some managers are pals and buddies of the Chairman. Therefore, they aren't going to 'rock any boats' at the club.

What about Chairmen who are little more than track suit managers - i.e. they know how to set a formation and game-plan, but when it comes to commerce and finance they know diddly squat?

Smudge surely you can judge if a manager is a success by how his team does compared to expectations? Everyone keeps harping on about how you can only do well with money well an example would be you can say a manager has done well if he succeeds with little resources.

You can see how good a job a coach has done by how much the players improve whilst he's there. Equally how many young players has the club produced from youth to first?

Money men trying to do managers jobs damage the game. I have watched with horror as people with know knowledge that have somehow got a managers job (gift of gab or money) have given awful information or advice to young players.

Do your sodding badges!

No smudge, they were examples as you asked how can you judge if a coach is a success.

I Completley agree with you that coaches don't get the recognition they deserve!

Let's not forget, as well, that the best managers command big wages (well, big for the level they are in) and also usually bring their own players with them.

You can guarantee that if a manager comes in, he will usually bring seven or eight players with him from his previous club - if not more.

Managers will have their favourites, and will probably only consider the youth players at their new clubs as an after thought.

I know Smudge, completely shocking eh?

The number of times I've seen managers play players just because they're pals with them must surely be pushing the 100 mark.

Also, there's a club near me where the Chairman's son HAS to play in every game - the fact that he has the footballing skills of a dead gnat is neither here nor there...

Krooner, if I wrote about some of the things I've seen at clubs in my time, you would struggle to believe the sanity of some people charged with running them :P

Having said that, if I ever need the money, you'll get an autographed copy should I ever do a book about them!

One that has done the rounds recently is Rayners Lane and Finchampsted are to be moved over to the Combined Counties Division 1, with two sides in turn being moved over from Western to Hellenic to make way for Neath FC and Llanelli AFC in the Western League Division 1 next season.

Neath are reforming as Neath Town, and have told the FAW to *bleep* off and Llanelli are strapped for cash and face a winding-up order having failed to secure Champions League football for this season (the same thing happened with Barry Town, once the money from UEFA competitions dried up they went nipples up). The money they would have got would have kept them afloat this season. I'm sure that both sides would be accepted into the Western League and both their grounds (The Gnoll and Stebonheath Park) are well up to standard.

So 20 teams, potentially, for the Combined Counties Division 1 next season. That is if they are accepted by Mr. Constable and his associates.

Can't see Finchampstead being accepted into CCFL. They play on an open park pitch with changing facilities so far away it makes Eversley's changing rooms seem positively close! And can't ever imagine planning permission being granted to develop the ground, in such a sensitive area.

I have often wondered why they (and a few others in the Hellenic) are able to play at Step 6, when they haven't got the facilities.

Edited by AdamKing(wasAK11)

Distance of the changing rooms is not a ground grading condition. If it were,most premier league grounds would fail.

Finch would stand a better chance of obtaining planning permission for floodlights on the lea's field.

Edited by danielpjn

One that has done the rounds recently is Rayners Lane and Finchampsted are to be moved over to the Combined Counties Division 1, with two sides in turn being moved over from Western to Hellenic to make way for Neath FC and Llanelli AFC in the Western League Division 1 next season.

Neath are reforming as Neath Town, and have told the FAW to *bleep* off and Llanelli are strapped for cash and face a winding-up order having failed to secure Champions League football for this season (the same thing happened with Barry Town, once the money from UEFA competitions dried up they went nipples up). The money they would have got would have kept them afloat this season. I'm sure that both sides would be accepted into the Western League and both their grounds (The Gnoll and Stebonheath Park) are well up to standard.

So 20 teams, potentially, for the Combined Counties Division 1 next season. That is if they are accepted by Mr. Constable and his associates.

Less the teams that don't have floodlights etc - remember it is the end of this season they get ejected unless they've got a ground with the correct grading.

Less the teams that don't have floodlights etc - remember it is the end of this season they get ejected unless they've got a ground with the correct grading.

Ah, of course! That had slipped my mind - which teams are currently failing the grade?

Smudge surely you can judge if a manager is a success by how his team does compared to expectations? Everyone keeps harping on about how you can only do well with money well an example would be you can say a manager has done well if he succeeds with little resources.

You can see how good a job a coach has done by how much the players improve whilst he's there. Equally how many young players has the club produced from youth to first?

Money men trying to do managers jobs damage the game. I have watched with horror as people with know knowledge that have somehow got a managers job (gift of gab or money) have given awful information or advice to young players.

Do your sodding badges!

Works the other way too Luke - there are plenty of people who have the badges and no nothing about football yet think they are gods gift