Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rumours!

One that has done the rounds recently is Rayners Lane and Finchampsted are to be moved over to the Combined Counties Division 1, with two sides in turn being moved over from Western to Hellenic to make way for Neath FC and Llanelli AFC in the Western League Division 1 next season.

Neath are reforming as Neath Town, and have told the FAW to *bleep* off and Llanelli are strapped for cash and face a winding-up order having failed to secure Champions League football for this season (the same thing happened with Barry Town, once the money from UEFA competitions dried up they went nipples up). The money they would have got would have kept them afloat this season. I'm sure that both sides would be accepted into the Western League and both their grounds (The Gnoll and Stebonheath Park) are well up to standard.

So 20 teams, potentially, for the Combined Counties Division 1 next season. That is if they are accepted by Mr. Constable and his associates.

Less the teams that don't have floodlights etc - remember it is the end of this season they get ejected unless they've got a ground with the correct grading.

Cant see that happening - the league cant afford to eject Farleigh Sheerwater Spelthorne Worcester Park South Kilburn CB Hounslow etc - what they gonna do ? bump Cranleigh up 3 leagues because they have lights? Most Hellenic and Sussex step 6 sides dont have the grading either, Infact many of the teams in those leagues play on proper park pitches

Do Cranleigh even still play on the main pitch? I was over that way and had a peak in when passing one Saturday a couple of seasons ago and they were playing on the park pitch and the main pitch with lights was very tatty and overgrown. Might just have been temporary, but didn't look great

One that has done the rounds recently is Rayners Lane and Finchampsted are to be moved over to the Combined Counties Division 1, with two sides in turn being moved over from Western to Hellenic to make way for Neath FC and Llanelli AFC in the Western League Division 1 next season.

Neath are reforming as Neath Town, and have told the FAW to *bleep* off and Llanelli are strapped for cash and face a winding-up order having failed to secure Champions League football for this season (the same thing happened with Barry Town, once the money from UEFA competitions dried up they went nipples up). The money they would have got would have kept them afloat this season. I'm sure that both sides would be accepted into the Western League and both their grounds (The Gnoll and Stebonheath Park) are well up to standard.

So 20 teams, potentially, for the Combined Counties Division 1 next season. That is if they are accepted by Mr. Constable and his associates.

Less the teams that don't have floodlights etc - remember it is the end of this season they get ejected unless they've got a ground with the correct grading.

Cant see that happening - the league cant afford to eject Farleigh Sheerwater Spelthorne Worcester Park South Kilburn CB Hounslow etc - what they gonna do ? bump Cranleigh up 3 leagues because they have lights? Most Hellenic and Sussex step 6 sides dont have the grading either, Infact many of the teams in those leagues play on proper park pitches

Don't think the League will have a choice. The FA are controlling the project and if any League has a division with insufficient Clubs with correct grading to be viable at Step 6 such divisions could be downgraded to Step 7 - then the Clubs that do have the gradings could then be encouraged to form a combined Step 6 division. Just my view, but cannot see the FA continuing to allow Clubs without correct grading to stay at the wrong level indefinitely. Whitelaw / Lazarus himself confirmed last year that Clubs will only have until the end of this season to make the grade - haven't seen anything to suggest that has now changed?

Mr Dipre,Carshalton Athletic did it in a couple of games last year in Ryman Premier.Think he was a Youth Team Player at the time.

Heard some very strange stories coming out of Carshalton last season.

I understand their was a serious dispute between the Supporters Association and the Chairman, resulting in................

'BANNINGS FROM THE GROUND !!'

I've PM'ed you details, Inbetweener.

Assuming that the FA stuck to their guns about Step 6 sides being relegated if they did not have the correct grading, which clubs could be looked at to fill their places (as I'm guessing that the Combined Counties Division 1 would not wish to run with 16 or so sides like the Wessex 1st Division this season)?

Would teams like Marlow United, Reigate Priory and even Aldermaston be considered for inclusion if they applied?

Don't think the League will have a choice. The FA are controlling the project and if any League has a division with insufficient Clubs with correct grading to be viable at Step 6 such divisions could be downgraded to Step 7 - then the Clubs that do have the gradings could then be encouraged to form a combined Step 6 division. Just my view, but cannot see the FA continuing to allow Clubs without correct grading to stay at the wrong level indefinitely. Whitelaw / Lazarus himself confirmed last year that Clubs will only have until the end of this season to make the grade - haven't seen anything to suggest that has now changed?

The details are in this season's league handbook.

"All clubs in division one are to reach FA Ground Grading Criteria Category G by the

31st March 2013. Any club not meeting the criteria by the deadline will be

considered for relegation at the end of that season subject to the regulations of the

National League System.

The procedure to be followed shall be :-

All clubs which fail to meet the criteria shall be removed from the competition unless

in doing so the number of clubs in the competition shall fall below 20.

In this case clubs shall be removed based upon the following criteria:-

The lowest positioned club not meeting the criteria shall be removed, followed by the

second lowest club until such time as all clubs failing to meet the criteria have been

removed or the number of clubs is 20.

A club failing to meet the criteria shall only be considered to be exempt from this

process if:

The clubs has actively taken appropriate steps to improve its facilities to meet the

criteria to the satisfaction of the board, and can provide written third party evidence

that it will be able to meet the criteria, such as planning permission, or documented

support from the local authority and that it has adequate funding to meet the criteria

in a timescale approved by the board."

The worry is, if the teams mentioned are booted out for not having the correct ground grading - and enough adequate replacements cannot be sourced from elsewhere - then the future of Division 1 could be at risk.

I hope that these teams all get their respective grading and can stay in the league, otherwise the Combined Counties might be awash with reserve sides in the future which would not be a good thing.

Look how bad things are in Wessex Division 1 - 16 teams, the lowest in years

Edited by AdamKing(wasAK11)

I saw James Blason playing for a Sunday league side last week. Any idea where he is playing Saturdays? Would be a fantastic signing for any CCL side

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ashunited/s/players-coaches-3273.html?player_id=24086 - is this the chap?

Going back to what Nigel said, if the league does axe Fareligh, Sheerwater, CB Hounslow, Spelthorne etc. if they don't get the grading which teams would they bring in to fill the vacancies?

Would the league take on the 'overspill' of clubs on the eastern perimeter of the current Hellenic D1E - assuming that the Hellenic becomes one league at Step 6 next season - or would the league have to look at bringing in reserve sides from the likes of Chertsey Town and Leatherhead and thus make the league noncompetitive?

Which teams could, in theory, move up from the feeder leagues (i.e. which clubs have the appropriate ground-grading needed for Step 6?)

The Middlesex County League currently has the following teams in it: British Airways; Broadfields United; FC Assyria; FC Deportivo Galicia; FC Romania (playing at Cheshunt so not really one to consider), Hillingdon, Hounslow Wanderers, Indian Gymkhana, Interwood, Kilburn, Kodak; North Kensington, Singh Sabha Slough, Sloane, Sporting Hackney (too far east to be considered) and West Essex (again too far east to be considered).

The Reading Football League currently has the following teams in it: Highmoor Ibis Reserves, Marlow United (possible - they play at Bisham Abbey and floodlights, if needed, should not be a problem - although they might prefer to play in the Hellenic), Mortimer, Reading YMCA, Theale, Unity, Woodcote Stoke Row, Cookham Dean, Barton Rovers, South Reading, Rotherfield United, Sandhurst Devels, Taplow United and Westwood United.

The Surrey Elite Intermediate League currently has the following teams in it: Abbey Rangers, AFC Cubo, Battersea Ironsides, Bookham (they'll need to either get a new ground or re-negotiate with Dorking FC), Claygate & Ditton, Coulsdon Town (lights?), Crescent Rovers (public park, so unlikely they'll develop), Horsley, Old Farnboronians (didn't they apply for CCL membership last time?), Oxted & District, Reigate Priory,Ripley Village, Tooting Bec, Virginia Water (lights?), Weston Green Sports, Yateley Green.

Edited by AdamKing(wasAK11)

Adam I can't see the league ever taking on reserve sides and rightly so. I don't think the league would relegate sides either if it ment they were short. CB Sheerwater and Spelthorne all hope to have lights soon and I can see Worcester Park groundsharing somewhere to stay at this level.

Adam I can't see the league ever taking on reserve sides and rightly so. I don't think the league would relegate sides either if it ment they were short. CB Sheerwater and Spelthorne all hope to have lights soon and I can see Worcester Park groundsharing somewhere to stay at this level.

CB are moving to a new ground in hounslow

One of my work contacts supports the Florist Green Hippies (Forest Green Rovers) and he was talking with some Woking fans on Saturday after Forest Green's 3-1 win.

Word is that Leatherhead might be buying a raft of new players and putting most of their failing squad members up for sale.