Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town vs Wingate & Finchley

seemgee

Have to say we were shocking tonight, as even Hope is saying in his tweet in the last half hour.

That W&F team have loads of pace, something we were wary of, but it meant to large extents we were second to every ball. Midfield dropping off to just in front of the back four to negate the pacey threat is all well and good, but it meant we were passengers for much of the game. Barber at left back was torn a new one, a woeful performance. I hate to say it but I think his limit is Div 1 North and it showed tonight. Why Jay was never put on at left midfield to 'double team' their number 7 I'll never know.

Delighted for the league's top scoring big boned centre half tonight. Outstanding performance. Also Imber gives a reassuringly steady performance week in week out behind the back four.

As an aside, chatted to the their assistant manager after the game and he said their pre season went extremely well ( think it showed in their commitment and pace tonight), and that they are aiming for the play-offs at least.

Have to say we were shocking tonight, as even Hope is saying in his tweet in the last half hour.

Why Jay was never put on at left midfield to 'double team' their number 7 I'll never know.

Maybe that was because he wasn't one of the five named substitutes?

Why Jay was never put on at left midfield to 'double team' their number 7 I'll never know.

Maybe that was because he wasn't one of the five named substitutes?

Fair point! Never heard the subs getting announced, did see him sitting there in the second half.

That W&F team have loads of pace, something we were wary of, but it meant to large extents we were second to every ball. Midfield dropping off to just in front of the back four to negate the pacey threat is all well and good, but it meant we were passengers for much of the game. Barber at left back was torn a new one, a woeful performance. I hate to say it but I think his limit is Div 1 North and it showed tonight. Why Jay was never put on at left midfield to 'double team' their number 7 I'll never know.

Delighted for the league's top scoring big boned centre half tonight. Outstanding performance. Also Imber gives a reassuringly steady performance week in week out behind the back four.

As an aside, chatted to the their assistant manager after the game and he said their pre season went extremely well ( think it showed in their commitment and pace tonight), and that they are aiming for the play-offs at least.

Must agree, VERY poor performance. Thank goodness we don't get the possession stats, as we'd be lucky to hit 30%.

We just weren't up to the job.

2 well taken goals 90 minutes apart; and we had 2 other attacks in that interim period

I can see us suffering some heavy defeats if we don't improve the quality of the team

Very disappointing crowd aswell

hey ho we won another 40 points and we should be safe

We probably got carried away with the 900 at the end of last season.

500 has to be the target once the August holidays are over.

Performance last night not the best and not as good as Saturday- but I am sure Steve and the Players are aware of that.

Can only improve.

Saturday will be just as hard.

I think we'll see a much bigger crowd on Saturday. Looking at last season we had a crowd of 289 for a midweek game against Chatham Town, admittedly back in February, but some people will be on holiday at the moment and midweek games are less well supported in general.

Saturday will give us a better idea. I'd hope we can get at least 500 through the gate and build from there. In fact thinking about it 500 would be excellent considering that Whitehawk look a poorly supported side, with only 135 for their home game against Lowestoft.