Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Southport - TOWNER

NOT good enought TOWN

Great post Townendleftside - pretty much sums up what I'm thinking right now, and saves me having to write something similar, as I think you've hit the nail on the head!

I think that following a club is all about expectation and a sense of belonging.

I now consider myself very lucky to be following a club like the Town each week along with my son and my Dad.

I feel a sense of guilt for being a Jonny-come-lately and having provided none of the hard work that has been put in over the last decade to create ETFC.

Let's enjoy the ride.

I believe that people/supporters like yourself from the old club are the very people that the club are looking to attract to the Donkey Dome

Glad to hear that 3 generations are enjoying football IN Enfield

Good post Townend. However, "I feel a sense of guilt for being a Jonny-come-lately and having provided none of the hard work that has been put in over the last decade to create ETFC."

That sentence reads like a valedictory. Whilst we should be proud of what has been achieved by the board and players at the club we should also look forward. Despite being the second oldest senior club and playing at the highest level of any senior club in the borough we should all be hopeful of progressing further. The club is only a little over a decade old and when the club celebrates its silver, gold or diamond jubilee, perhaps even its centenary those supporters who see the club through over the next ten years will be seen as amongst the founding members.

If you have the time apply to join the board or help in the shop, sell a programme or two or put up a poster. Certainly become a member with the rest of your family. In this way you will be amongst the many who helped the club progress to the next level and, in 20 years time when you are as senior as me you can say I was there!

I have posted before about Barcelona who are a fans owned club and there is no reason to think that Enfield Town cannot be as big as Barca in a hundred years time.

After all the Rochdale pioneers did not know that they were there at the start of the Co-op.

lets try and stop putting down the club /players /managment /board,and get behind enfield town fc its our club we have been unlucky as i saw on other replys on here weve gone up a leavel the other teams are stronger faster harder than us lets give the tam a lift and we can stay a prem team or move up......................................