Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Communication

Hornchurch "O"

We advertise by doing Posters for home matches.

I've just received a detailed e-mail fron Saffron Walden letting me know of all events happening.

I also get e-mails from Leyton Orient as well.

Why do we not use this avenue of communication?

When i originally joined the supporters club i gave my e-mail address.

Plus i've only got a computer in work, so don't act like a Twit or go on Facebook.

It's something I put out there when we first mentioned the whole communication thing and how we could increase awareness of AHCH .. Twitter, Facebook, Email, Website etc etc.

As a marketing tool, email communication is by far the most effective way so we really should be looking to utilise it but it's a lot more difficult to set up and there's basic rules for email marketing we'd need to adhere to. I'm happy to look at this further and recommend an approach. Types of things we need:

- mechanism of capturing email addresses (manual, from supporter's club etc or via newsletter sign up on the website .. lots of websites have this facility so we should look to add)

- mechanism of storing email addresses (subscriber lists)

- creation of newsletters

- publication of newsletters

- tracking of newsletter opens (measures of effectiveness)

Obvious question is who does the emailing, who prepares the newsletters etc plus presumably the club itself must communicate via email .. how does it do it .. and can we leverage what they do.

Andy.

Archived