Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knaphill/Ellers/Redders/loads of other waffle

4-5-1

I think too many people on here are too quick to put down steps 5 and 6. It's still a senior level. I'd guarantee you that 80%+ of the clubs in the two divisions take it very seriousy both on and off the pitch. Park football is Guildford & Woking Alliance league etc

Its not senior football if your not paid. FACT.

Not all step 4 clubs take it serious just look at Chertsey

FACT teams in step 5 are in the Surrey SENIOR Cup etc, making it senior football FACT. Also not all step 5 teams are paid FACT.

Financial remuneration does not come in to it

Oh god please, for the sake of our sanity please stop these people from thinking clubs like those in ccl1 are big clubs!! Also that finishing top 6 is great (so laughable). Is it that these people do really think they are that good.. The last few days have really opened my eyes to how certain people think and to be totally honest the only people on here that do speak any sense at all (all be it very little said) are bobuk and nut250.

Edited by Doorknob

Totally agree Doorknob I mean look at the majority of the grounds at these two levels shambolic springs to mind and they want to progress, Frimley green for example the pitch is on a hill for god sake, and they wan't promotion, the chairman should save for ground and pitch improvements that alone would get you decent players not the I want a pound note players, who else Ohh yes let's look at good old Eversley where the pitch is a mile away from the changing rooms, I arrest my case

Edited by bobuk

Its not senior football if your not paid. FACT.

Not all step 4 clubs take it serious just look at Chertsey

Do I even bother with a reply?............................................

You two are funny. You clearly have no idea of what park football actually is. Having spent 12 years around junior and intermediate level football the difference in setup at step 5/6 that I have seen in the past 12 months since taking an interest in football at this level is vast. It wasn't many years ago top level professionals spent a lot of time on the piss. Although I agree times have moved on and I would be dissapointed if one of my lads went out on the piss the night before a game and that's at junior level it's not the be all and end all with some players ability making up for it as its a life style choice not a job to play football at this level. Also it's classified as senior football by the F.A not the clubs themselves.

Edited by injuryprone

You two are funny. You clearly have no idea of what park football actually is. Having spent 12 years around junior and intermediate level football the difference in setup at step 5/6 that I have seen in the past 12 months since taking an interest in football at this level is vast. It wasn't many years ago top level professionals spent a lot of time on the piss. Although I agree times have moved on and I would be dissapointed if one of my lads went out on the piss the night before a game and that's at junior level it's not the be all and end all with some players ability making up for it as its a life style choice not a job to play football at this level. Also it's classified as senior football by the F.A not the clubs themselves.

IJ go up to step 4 and you will see the differance from step 4 to 5/6 in terms of how players address themselves and there physique and the way the clubs perform, you clearly have been in youth football to long

Sorry by junior I mean lower level not youth. Regardless of steps there are always players who play below their ability due to attitude and they get away with it because their managers would rather have them at 80% then another player who is at 100% of their ability and is still considered a worse player.

If Chertsey didn't take it seriously, I think that Johnno would do some judo moves on the underachievers! ;)