Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knaphill/Ellers/Redders/loads of other waffle

4-5-1

All this has been going on while I've been away?! I havent managed to catch up with the whole thread but with no disrespect to Ellers its about time! Knapphill were a very average side...and for a side that were expecting to be up there at the end of the season I thought they lacked any real quality when we played them; my opinion of Redders even though Ive only seen him play once was that Simmo tormented him but he definetely looked like a good player; playing in a very bad side and he wont be the last player that Simmo torments this year. My question would be though why leave a club to start enjoying your football again only to go back to the same club you left that have had a similar start to the season?! MY guess if your completely honest is that you were getting weighed in; which is fair enough. The step up I think you would cope with or go to a team in Div 1 that will challenge for the title cos Lammas will be way off! Johno stop bringing up our altercation...i was right, you were wrong it's fine; Ill be seeing you in the ccl prem next year anyway if you still have the job!

Oh ok, I'm not getting paid mate. Truth is I didn't want to Leave Lammas in the first place I was made skipper this season and in our first pre season game myself and the manager had disagreement and I said things I shouldn't of and dug myself to much of a hole to turn back. Ellers being a friend gave me a chance to play there do I went. All my pals play at Lammas and Im no different to you and simmo, I just want to enjoy it and play with my mates. Yes il get stick like I've got no ambition and in a waster but enjoyment is all what it's about for me.

Oh ok, I'm not getting paid mate. Truth is I didn't want to Leave Lammas in the first place I was made skipper this season and in our first pre season game myself and the manager had disagreement and I said things I shouldn't of and dug myself to much of a hole to turn back. Ellers being a friend gave me a chance to play there do I went. All my pals play at Lammas and Im no different to you and simmo, I just want to enjoy it and play with my mates. Yes il get stick like I've got no ambition and in a waster but enjoyment is all what it's about for me.

Simmo and boys do get weighed-in though.

I said it was fair that he got money; redders is a good player...Knaphill probably would have conceeded more if he wasnt there. I was just wondering if that was the reason he left lammas in the first place Ellers...If I were a manager in this league Id pay alot more for Simmo and Meps than what they get; together they'll get you promotion in pretty much any side; agree?!

Redders has not been paid at Lammas nor Knaphill, we had no budget at Knaphill, we paid £20 for fuel to one lad and I was given £50 a week to sign a striker, which was going to be Slippery Phil Ruggles.

Benny benny benny hill........ We may go down, I may not be chertsey gaffer next year BUT..................you have found your level and even if Frimley do go up having relied on the two players u keep sucking off, you won't!! You can add Step 6 to your glittering C.V.

Has there been a successful manager to move away from their local teams to travel to a further away job?

Big Ant and Ellers have struggled to draw players in at recent clubs. Although Big Ant would have been successful with the current budget.

I only know of one manager at Step 5/6 who have done this in recent years:

Chris Palmer (lives in Didcot) Hook Norton (then stable at Step 5) to Malvern (2009) Sacked after 1 season.

Ruggles and, especially, Bailer are very good friends of mine and therefore I obviously wish them all the best.

Bailer should, probably, have been the first team manager at Westfield but is not and Westfield have had a cracking start to the season do the chances of him getting the job in the foreseeable future weeks very slim. I think this is a great move for him, and for Knaphill.

Both have excellent connections in the local football scene and will be targeting some impressive players to turn things round. Having spoken with Bailer though I know they are under no illusions that getting players in, and getting then gelled, is easier said than done.

Despite the inevitable influx of players I think, due to the rats desserting the sinking in ship, their number 1 concern will be fielding a side in a very tough game against Spelthorne on Saturday. Come Sunday morning we may find the Knaphill regulars will be wondering whether that much has improved!

I completely understand the hint of bitterness shown by Ellers in his sacking and being immediately replaced however I can 100% gaurantee this has not been brewing for days and weeks as has been suggested. It really has been as sudden as it has appeared. In my brief dealings with Ellers I have found him affable, respectful and dignified but perhaps karma has played a wee bit of a role here. If he hadn't been trying to unsettle a neighbouring club's star man with 30 pieces of silver he may well still have a job?

All the best to Bsiler and Rugs, I'm sure they will find it exciting and profitable.