Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
tempestward

Breaking news from Runnymede Stadium

We will move on, as we always do as clubs, irrespective of the name of the club. It is not what they did it's the way that they did it. Ho hum. "The king is dead, long live the king." I hope it's not "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" in this regard, though similar results would be handy. I have a shocking memory for who was team manager for how long and when and in which order. They come and go, somewhat less frequently (usually) than the men who hire them, but the fans stay. Next game Badshot Lea.

The world still turns. There are so many other things to get upset about. I've seen us get promoted, relegated, lose 0-9 (first game of the season after we got relegated, at Camberley, and we finished above them with a plus GD (if a 53 year old's memory can be trusted)), 1-8, let in 7 more times than I can remember, have a director of football (and he lived in Rainham!), joint managers, two sets of a trio of managers (including the one that is now reduced to Colin Bartholomew - for the time being???) and rely on Horsham being so crap we would not get relegated ourselves (dodgy, but it worked).

TW you know as much as onyone the managerment turnover at Egham its farcical and you cannot deny that. You would know having supported them for so long, how many managers have come and gone in the last 20 years ......10 ? Egham unfortunately have gained a name for themselves as a hire and fire club, so really Hamsher exit is not a complete shock to me.

Tell me who's the longest serving manager in the last 20 years and for how long ?

Irrespective, if Egham get an experienced manager who has a good black book you will be fine especially with the excellent budget Egham have which is probably the best bar Guernsey and Badshot Lea.in the CCL.

You seem like a well informed fella NG. You seem to have the insight only people who've been involved in the game at close quarters

have. But Guernsey don't pay their players.

I for one don’t feel sorry for Egham at all, as I won’t Chipstead when the time comes, the chairman knew the nature of the beast, and now has to get on with it

To many wonna be Abramovich chairman in CCL who throw money at Managers with no real experience at managing, just because they have a list of players names that most of the time are on way down and only looking to chase the £1 note.

They say league’s don’t lie, well in that case the CCL should be called the Billy League, with chairmen that pull their money throughout the season leaving the manager scratching his private’s wondering what to do i.e if teams that played Winsor early season got them points back the table would look a bit different.

Chairman should be looking to get some structure to their club and build it, not throw money at a manager at the start of season and then pull it because they feel all of a sudden the team is not good enough to get promoted, and then start again the following season

I for one don’t feel sorry for Egham at all, as I won’t Chipstead when the time comes, the chairman knew the nature of the beast, and now has to get on with it

To many wonna be Abramovich chairman in CCL who throw money at Managers with no real experience at managing, just because they have a list of players names that most of the time are on way down and only looking to chase the £1 note.

They say league’s don’t lie, well in that case the CCL should be called the Billy League, with chairmen that pull their money throughout the season leaving the manager scratching his private’s wondering what to do i.e if teams that played Winsor early season got them points back the table would look a bit different.

Chairman should be looking to get some structure to their club and build it, not throw money at a manager at the start of season and then pull it because they feel all of a sudden the team is not good enough to get promoted, and then start again the following season

Best post on here for a while, Dobo.

The world still turns. There are so many other things to get upset about. I've seen us get promoted, relegated, lose 0-9 (first game of the season after we got relegated, at Camberley, and we finished above them with a plus GD (if a 53 year old's memory can be trusted)), 1-8, let in 7 more times than I can remember, have a director of football (and he lived in Rainham!), joint managers, two sets of a trio of managers (including the one that is now reduced to Colin Bartholomew - for the time being???) and rely on Horsham being so crap we would not get relegated ourselves (dodgy, but it worked).

Enjoyable post tempestward. Change a couple of names and numbers and that could be Camberley. Well apart from the promoted bit !!!

Best post on here for a while, Dobo.

Couldn't agree more.

Trouble is there are too many clueless people running clubs at this level who make poor decisions, putting average managers in charge who then sign players on money that is crazy both for the level they are playing at and for the ability that they have. And this endless cycle goes on and on and no-one seems to learn from their mistakes or the mistakes of others. Can't believe some of the things I see/hear these days, the (CCL) world has gone crazy!

Could you remind us of the budgets for the respective clubs please NG?

Come on TRS, to have players that Egham have and what Badshot Lea have they don't come that cheap, I thought you a bit of a mover and shaker in this incustry ;) !!!

Not at all NG, I haven't a clue what anybody's budget is. No moving or shaking here!

Take it the answer's no then ;)

I agree Trev it's nobody elses buisness what clubs give to thier managers I still think at this level players shouldn't be paid but alas they are but usually its only an ego trip anyway and unless the player is of real quality then they don't make any difference,I can't believe it when I hear how much in debt some clubs are and yet the players are getting paid its the economics of fools.

Not at all NG, I haven't a clue what anybody's budget is. No moving or shaking here!

Take it the answer's no then ;)

Got a good idea TRS as I know a few of the players from both teams, and lets be fair, its a known fact that both clubs/teams are rollered by money men each season. Badshot Lea have underachieved in the past for their budget until its cut, but they have started well this season which they should do with the calibre of players playing there...... These 2 have the best budgets in the CCL (still not convinced about Guernsey budget) now Windsor have come to their senses, but lets wait to the turn of the year on how these 2 clubs are doing them things could change. I wish I knew the white beared man at Badshot Lea who fronting the money, I must get to know him, but he's always tidying up in the clubhouse..... GF will know his name ..... ;) !

His name is Peter and he is Badshot Lea through and through I must say though it does appear to be more of an obsession than a buisness venture; just think if he'd have put the money he has already spent into a Trust fund then Baggy Lea would have enough money to have a state of the art ground and facilities.

Usual ramblings season after season about budgets etc. Why are people on this forum so obsessed by what happens at Badshot Lea and again here we go again we have maximum points from 5 league games and still in the FA Cup its down to the budget. It couldn't for one minute have anything to do with the local players that we have drafted in this season, the team spirit or heaven forbid the new manager. I am not going to discuss on this forum anything about how the club is funded or the amounts etc. I would respectfully ask that we drop the subject of budgets and concentrate on the football and leave me to sort out the clubs move to the new ground. Watch this space...

Usual ramblings season after season about budgets etc. Why are people on this forum so obsessed by what happens at Badshot Lea and again here we go again we have maximum points from 5 league games and still in the FA Cup its down to the budget. It couldn't for one minute have anything to do with the local players that we have drafted in this season, the team spirit or heaven forbid the new manager. I am not going to discuss on this forum anything about how the club is funded or the amounts etc. I would respectfully ask that we drop the subject of budgets and concentrate on the football and leave me to sort out the clubs move to the new ground. Watch this space...

Good Luck with the ground ITK. Hopefully no stupid NIMBYs will get in your way.

Egham Breaking News forum.. We are now talking about budgets etc.. Does anyone actually know what is happening ie new manager. We play them tomorrow, always enjoy going to Egham, decent people

Egham Breaking News forum.. We are now talking about budgets etc.. Does anyone actually know what is happening ie new manager. We play them tomorrow, always enjoy going to Egham, decent people

Separate thread, ITK. Please try and keep on topic. :)

Thanks Krooner. Planning application almost ready to be submitted. Held a drop in session with local residents already which went pretty well.

Smudge, TRS, many,many apologies. I have now popped over to the other thread and seen who the new management is... Sorry about the planning bit... Are you in attendance Saturday ?

May well do ITK. Been waiting for you to finalise admission prices, as per your website. Bit worried you might be jacking it up to £20 or something ;)

Local to the Badshot Lea and Godalming areas i should think, tsf. Please not another groundshare tirade, they are trying to get their own! :hairout:

ah yes the footballing hotbed of eric clapton land....

you know im right about groundshares, its only cos youre a womble you dont like it!