Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bored of all the bickering

bomaya

Nope, but I've known of a few Smudge.

I will leave Karma to decide what happens to Nigel. Qui ventum seminat, turbinem metet.

I once had that and took me ages to get rid of.

I think the main thing I have figured out is that NLN can say whatever he wants as we like him. Adam can't say anything because we don't respect him.

Ah, I think you meant 'Anything Smudge has to say, you have a negative response to it in order to make him look bad - hence your conversation with the FA official has made Smudge out to be a dead man walking.'

Works both ways, anything I have to say gets a negative reaction by some.

Remember, it is a level playing field here and no animal is more equal than others.

what happened to restricting your comments to ccl and non league football?

I

what happened to restricting your comments to ccl and non league football?

The same thing that's happened to your maturity, it seems to have taken a leave of absence but may be back shortly.

After all this is a public forum is it not? I

Quick point on this. The answer is no. It's not free neither is it run by the government for the good of the people. It's a privately owned and run forum. Ian W pays to host the site as his expense (and helped by gold membership). Therefore if he decides that the use of the word "rhubarb" is banned then it's banned. And he can kick you off this site and ban you and you'd have no come back. You can then go join some other forum where they allow the word rhubarb and others who like to talk about rhubarb can go join it as well. Everyone's happy.

Secondly, as has been pointed out, this thread ABOUT bickering has now become full OF bickering. Some people clearly can't take a hint.

Secondly, as has been pointed out, this thread ABOUT bickering has now become full OF bickering. Some people clearly can't take a hint.

Well said (and I am as to blame as others).

You may as well lock the thread imho, because somebody will say something and then somebody else will take offence etc. etc. This is my last comment in this thread.

Edited by AdamKing(wasAK11)

The irony of this thread is quite brilliant. Biggest storm in a tea cup ever.

Adam, I admire your enthusiasm for grass roots football, as well as your dedication to fit so many insightful posts around your other commitments (although I am wondering whether you have now 'gone full time' as a forum contributor), however I do have a couple of points to make regarding your posts to date:

1) You seem hell bent on bankrupting all non league sides by suggesting friendlies between sides from different time zones. Sometimes it is better just better to let people think you're stupid rather than opening your mouth and proving it.

2) Your opinions on players and teams you have never seen are tiresome. I noticed your lavish praise of a player the other day pronouncing 'he should play in the Conference South' although you have never seen him, having never indeed visited a Combined Counties game. Get involved in some banter and comment on the highlights etc, even do a tabloid job of stirring some rumours, but please spare us your opinions on things you have no knowledge of unless you're prepared to accept the cutting remarks that follow. As you said Qui ventum seminat, turbinem metet

Anyway, what's your issue with this West chap I keep hearing about, is far as I'm aware his greatest crime is dodgy tinned seafood

The irony of this thread is quite brilliant. Biggest storm in a tea cup ever.

Adam, I admire your enthusiasm for grass roots football, as well as your dedication to fit so many insightful posts around your other commitments (although I am wondering whether you have now 'gone full time' as a forum contributor), however I do have a couple of points to make regarding your posts to date:

1) You seem hell bent on bankrupting all non league sides by suggesting friendlies between sides from different time zones. Sometimes it is better just better to let people think you're stupid rather than opening your mouth and proving it.

2) Your opinions on players and teams you have never seen are tiresome. I noticed your lavish praise of a player the other day pronouncing 'he should play in the Conference South' although you have never seen him, having never indeed visited a Combined Counties game. Get involved in some banter and comment on the highlights etc, even do a tabloid job of stirring some rumours, but please spare us your opinions on things you have no knowledge of unless you're prepared to accept the cutting remarks that follow. As you said Qui ventum seminat, turbinem metet

Anyway, what's your issue with this West chap I keep hearing about, is far as I'm aware his greatest crime is dodgy tinned seafood

Not quite full time, still doing it around the business (must be doing something right as the profits are good)

1) Bit of an unfair comment as most friendlies I suggested would not involve a De Lorean and flux capacitor - if you have two clubs in different leagues nearby, and they have a free date on the same day it seems silly to not say to them 'oh by the way team x/y is free give them a message.'

2) I presume you're referring to my comment about South Kilburn's version of Mr. Drogba? True, I have not seen him but the comments I have heard from people who have seen him play at Aylesbury last season all say that he should be playing at a higher standard than Southern Midlands.

3) Mr. West's seafood - ah very funny. You would have got a bonus point for mentioning Timothy or Go. Close but no cigar Nev! ;)

Well said (and I am as to blame as others).

You may as well lock the thread imho, because somebody will say something and then somebody else will take offence etc. etc. This is my last comment in this thread.

that didnt last half an hour,

that didnt last half an hour,

A bit like the Spurs defence :P

Maybe we should have more of the 'bored of bickering threads',it is now a HOT TOPIC.Or maybe the people who like the original post,would like to start a Topic of their very own.Personally afraid of starting one myself,in case I start a BICKERING RIOT.

Please post non league or Combined Counties material here only.

Your co-operation in this manner is greatly appreciated.

What applies to one applies to all.

Maybe we should have more of the 'bored of bickering threads',it is now a HOT TOPIC.Or maybe the people who like the original post,would like to start a Topic of their very own.Personally afraid of starting one myself,in case I start a BICKERING RIOT.

Or I could just merge it here. I'm getting corrupted with the power!

Bit surprised at your attitude Smudge seeing as you recently complained about some posts. And Ian W is someone who 'liked' the original post, just saying.

Adam, any chance you could block a few people then maybe you wouldn't keep needing to continue rows with them?

Sure thing Bomaya, request for thread closed.

Bomaya,post correctly son,1 thread posted by G.D. Entitled SMUDGE, was my complaint.yes power has gone to your head,you should leave well alone.This site has blossomed from 300 views a day,to a site that is probably the best in NON League.NO is the best in Non League.Reason we are not all puritans,we have opinions,many variants.Managers,Players,Supporters,Committee Members,Referees,NICE GUY even who everyone on here would like to throttle,no doubt,and of course myself, that everyone hates.Yet you bend over backwards for 2 Johnny come latelys,who have no knowledge of this League,and very little knowledge of Football in my opinion.Ian W liked it so what,lets wait for his Topics that we can all reply too.Yes we had the Frimley crew banter as well,but you jumped to soon mate.