Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bored of all the bickering

bomaya

I know I'm not the only one who has become totally bored with so many threads and posts here being full of tiresome bickering.

As a mod I have seen more complaints about it in the last week than in years.

I personally think we need to cut out the personal attacks, the abuse and the vendettas.

We really don't need threads that are purely attacks on other people especially if they aren't even players or managers. We're all surely mature enough to treat this forum properly ie to discuss the ccl without resorting to childish name calling.

I have mod powers and I'm prepared to use them. Please feel free to talk about this issue here but refrain from all the nonsense described above please.

Well Bommie, who has complained about the childish name calling ? Was it Smudgeyboy, TWO FACE, Dunc the Unc, Uncle Fester or Roth the Moth :P ? Lighten up !

Surely you have got to have some banter on this forum thats part of what football is and this is a football forum, blimey now its got to be serious .... please, now thats totally boring zzzzzzzzzzzzz oops sorry just dozing off........you can mix the two its just a bit of fun.

There's a few likes to this subject, so guess they were the people complaining ......some of the banter is quite funny actually, oh well night zzzzzzzzzzz BOMMIE ;) !

I find the complaining a tad teadious! After all this is a public forum is it not? I agree if the language used is bad and foul then by all means, complain, ban, delete threads etc, but not everyone wants to come and see people licking the proverbial ring piece of others and arranging to go get spray tans together.

I hate the OVER use of the word banter, but this is what alot of players do week in week out at their clubs, so why not allow it on the forum?

In the same vein as saying someone is great, why can others not express their desire that they think that player is not? After all a forum is designed to get people of varying opinions to express themselves. Like has been said, read whatever threads take your fancy. Those i dont care about or that bore me to tears, i dont read.....simples

I find the complaining a tad teadious! After all this is a public forum is it not? I agree if the language used is bad and foul then by all means, complain, ban, delete threads etc, but not everyone wants to come and see people licking the proverbial ring piece of others and arranging to go get spray tans together.

I hate the OVER use of the word banter, but this is what alot of players do week in week out at their clubs, so why not allow it on the forum?

In the same vein as saying someone is great, why can others not express their desire that they think that player is not? After all a forum is designed to get people of varying opinions to express themselves. Like has been said, read whatever threads take your fancy. Those i dont care about or that bore me to tears, i dont read.....simples

There are times when it goes too far, such as when a certain poster made a sick comment tonight about visiting Fred West's home.

I know what was implied by it, and I've got the screen-shot as well just in case.

Err try this for size Nigel.

I have played football at various levels since I was 15, and at no club (even the ones ran by booze hounds and neanderthals with ostrich-headed committees) have ever said anything along those lines. Absolutely never, if you are actually involved with a club then I know where to send the screenshot, in fact I may just send one Alan's way and the FA's.

Do you actually know what happened not just at 25 Cromwell Street, but also 25 Midland Road and other properties lived in by Fred West? Midland Road is being dug up as there's evidence now that he murdered 15 or more other girls. He's hardly the sort of person to joke about, and yes us Gloucesterites have heard the one about the builders estimate - it has less class than a cyst bursting video on You Tube.

Wishing I went down to 25 Cromwell Street - well, if that is the standard of people at your club Nigel then f**k me sideways with a banjo they must be in a bad way. If I had said that I hope Westfield FC burns down with you in it, then I would have quite rightly got told where to shove it by people on this board and I would have been banned.

Maybe you ought to come to Gloucester some time and repeat that in front of people affected directly by Fred and Rose West? Trust me, I don't think they'd find it funny. Perhaps if your daughter gets killed by a complete b*stard like West then you'll actually THINK before typing.

Oh, and I have been to the spot where 25 Cromwell Street used to be - just so you know. It's now a walkway, and I have left flowers there in the past in memory of the girls murdered by Fred and Rose West.

If I was you, Nigel, I would take a good long hard look at myself and wonder what the hell I was thinking typing that sick post. I am sure you are man enough to apologise, and I will accept one either by PM or on the Forum and I will not take it any further. Just remember - Karma can be a bitch, and sooner or later it will bite you on the backside.

Think on.

Adam are you an internet Troll,having watched this site since you joined,I think you have posted on nearly every section in Fans Focus.Most of it drivel,I must add,especially your links to non ccl matters,videos you think are funny etc.I have stuck up for you on a few occassions,but have come to the conclusion you are a trouble maker,with little or NO CCL KNOWLEDGE,SO DO ME A FAVOUR,AND DO ONE.

TRS:

1) I don't see how anybody can defend what Nigel said - it was meant with spite and malice,and shows what kind of person he is. What happened at 25 Cromwell Street is STILL a sore subject, and recently having ITV film that drama programme 'Consenting Adults' in Gloucester only opened up old wounds.

2) I'm staying put until Ian W tells me otherwise.

Adam are you an internet Troll,having watched this site since you joined,I think you have posted on nearly every section in Fans Focus.Most of it drivel,I must add,especially your links to non ccl matters,videos you think are funny etc.I have stuck up for you on a few occassions,but have come to the conclusion you are a trouble maker,with little or NO CCL KNOWLEDGE,SO DO ME A FAVOUR,AND DO ONE.

My conclusion of you, therefore, is that you are a Turncoat.

I've stood up for you as well, and think that you are slow to remember that.

You have a point, Spurs, but I am not prepared to let Nigel get away with a sick comment.

I am off into town now, and have got a few appointments to make. I hope that Nigel does the decent thing and apologise for what he has said.

Ill apologise when you decide to cease clogging this once decent forum up with your pointless posts and ridiculous friendly match suggestions. True prob not the best taste but unfortunatley you both live there.

Now i know theres not much to do up your way but surely you have a mrs that needs some attention rather than be a pest on here

Adam.....perhaps you should now just take the hint as there is now clearly a common opinion of you on here. By responding to each individual post you are simply making a rod for your own back which is making matters worse. Personally, along with the majority of others, I would like to see the back of you unless you can stick to CCL subject and teams.