Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Teams not getting fixtures!

johnny bell

I am finding it very frustrating that we are only seven weeks into the season and we have only played 3 game 1 cup 2 league, the league started on the 18th we had no game for the first2 weeks then we play 3 games now we have another 2 weeks off when both weeks there has been teams we could play (last week and this sat) last week I had to arrange a friendly which I feel is a joke as teams r available is there anyone else who is having the same problems with the fixtures seems to me the league could do with getting pete Godfrey back to sort this mess out as with even numbers in each league there should not be teams not playing when there are other sides available to play this early in the season!

mate its a joke they need to sort it otherwise if we have a bad winter (look at this week) teams will be playing 3 games a week at the end of the season to get it finished anf thats not fair!

I wonder if this has anything to do with the comments on here and on Twitter?

Latest Headlines

25 September 2012

Message regarding the League Secretary

If clubs have any problems with a League Officer they should first contact the officer concerned to sort the problem out.

If they feel they are unable to get a satisfactory response from the officer concerned, the Club Secretary should then, in accordance with the instructions on page 72 of the handbook, contact the League Chairman and not the League Secretary who has his own seperate responsibilities.

At the end of the day, whoever the new guy is he is doing the job volunterily and it is difficult to crucify someone who is giving up their time. However, it is not unreasonable for clubs to want to know who and where they are playing in 8 days time!

I do not know what happened with Mr Godfrey but those managers that have caused him to step down should be the ones to blame for the current mess.

I'm hearing rumours that October's League Fixtures may not be out until the middle of next week, possibly as late as Thursday, giving just a couple of day's notice to arrange pitches etc for Saturday 6th. Whilst this doesn't affect us as we always have a pitch available, I'm sure this isn't the case everywhere.

I hope it is just that.... A rumour!!!

I am going to go in to rant territory and probably rub people at the league up the wrong way.

1. clubs need to sort out pitches
  2. managers need to sort out players
  3. players who work at weekends need to sort that
  4. clubs need to sort the correct kit

It just is not on.

What about if a club are NOT allocated a game and the player could have taken some work?

Or he has a family he could have arranged a day with.

What about the players who have seen no game is arranged so they have booked things in (work/family) leaving their manager/club short when a game gets arranged.

I see the note on the website and I assume that is directed at these forums. Quite frankly I find that rude and obnoxious.

We all agree it is a thankless task, one you are not renumerated for. I certainly also think it is unacceptable that Peter Godfrey was spoken to in such ways that he felt strongly enough to stand down. However this is just not fair on the clubs now.

I hope you have heard incorrectly Hookey, but even if the fixtures got published today it is still far far too late.

>I see the note on the website and I assume that is directed at these forums. Quite frankly I find that rude and obnoxious.

Which paricular note are you referring to? I believe Peter is responsible for the web site and by his previous resistance to requests to close down forums I doubt any notes on the site are directed at them.

Much to my surprise I see he has returned s Fixtures Secretary and the fixtires for 06 October ae already out.

Archived