Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

London Bari

Was part of a crowd of around 60 who went down to watch the second leg of this league cup game . Bottom of the table aquitted themselves well before the superior fitness and quality of Bari won the day with a halftime score of 1-0 to Bari ending up with them extending their lead to a comfortable 4-1 win but goal of the game was a Danny Welbeckeque back heel from a cross for the Clapton goal.

Bari seem to have signed up all the waifs and strays from the Ryman League.ie Jack Sawyer - ex Clapton ,Ilford & Bethnal Green, Eljay Worrel ex Tilbury,Grays and AFC Sudbury, Zubair Haleem - ex Grays, Apsa, Ilford, Maldon and Tiptree, Remi Nelson - ex Ilford, Romford, Bethnal Green and a whole host of other players too numerous to mention. Rumour has it that ex Grays centre half Bradley Thomas is on his way over

Ex Ilford manager Colin Walton was spotted watching with Enfield manager Gordon Boateng and a few other interested managers. With this lineup up Bari will be the favourites to go up but the ground won't make the grading unless rurfurbishment works start asap

can they not "ground hop" at the last moment. to go up.

think the ESL will be a lot closer than previous years - everyone looks to be roughly at the same standard

will be a test of consistency this season i think.

Watched the Enfield v southend match on saturday - quite a good game - saw more football (as opposed to the kick rush and hoof methodology previously employed) in the first half than at any stage of last season.

decent match,

Enfield should have been out of sight at half tome, but SEM were well in the game during the second half

cannot remember a booking in the entire match which was refreshing also.....

Was part of a crowd of around 60 who went down to watch the second leg of this league cup game . Bottom of the table aquitted themselves well before the superior fitness and quality of Bari won the day with a halftime score of 1-0 to Bari ending up with them extending their lead to a comfortable 4-1 win but goal of the game was a Danny Welbeckeque back heel from a cross for the Clapton goal.

Bari seem to have signed up all the waifs and strays from the Ryman League.ie Jack Sawyer - ex Clapton ,Ilford & Bethnal Green, Eljay Worrel ex Tilbury,Grays and AFC Sudbury, Zubair Haleem - ex Grays, Apsa, Ilford, Maldon and Tiptree, Remi Nelson - ex Ilford, Romford, Bethnal Green and a whole host of other players too numerous to mention. Rumour has it that ex Grays centre half Bradley Thomas is on his way over

Ex Ilford manager Colin Walton was spotted watching with Enfield manager Gordon Boateng and a few other interested managers. With this lineup up Bari will be the favourites to go up but the ground won't make the grading unless rurfurbishment works start asap

You seem to know more about my side than me and I am the manager! Want a job?

can they not "ground hop" at the last moment. to go up.

think the ESL will be a lot closer than previous years - everyone looks to be roughly at the same standard

will be a test of consistency this season i think.

Watched the Enfield v southend match on saturday - quite a good game - saw more football (as opposed to the kick rush and hoof methodology previously employed) in the first half than at any stage of last season.

decent match,

Enfield should have been out of sight at half tome, but SEM were well in the game during the second half

cannot remember a booking in the entire match which was refreshing also.....

No u can not ground hop at the last moment unless it is to a stadium that is our own on a non ground share basis.

Clubs can not use a groundshare simply to gain promotion i'm assuming that they know that.

We can ground share and get promotion!!!!! The rule is we must have ground shared for a season before getting promotion, so basically we cannot go to a Ryman club on a ground share for next season and get promoted at the same time. We will have to use Clapton's Ground in Ryman and it will require investment or get our own home. Also we obviously need to win this league which is just as difficult than getting Clapton's ground up to Ryman standard. :doh:

ps another point , you don't wait to see if you are going to win the league to improve the ground you get the ground works done in anticipation of being promoted .

First and second in the Essex this season will probably be promoted this season ground grading permitting as points gained will not be used with the Ryman League expanding to 24 teams, your wealthy chairman is either serious about football and intends putting the ground improvements at the Old Spotted Dog to make the push to Ryman League or will be viewed as another fly by night chairman whose arms are longer than his ambition. Surely it is not beyond most people's intelligence to see that the Essex Senior League facilitated your remarkable bolt from the blue election in order for the Essex Senior League to be taken more seriously and for that to happen there is no sense in you winning the league or finishing in a promotion spot only to see you stay exactly where you are like Stansted, Enfield and a few others before you . The league needs new blood and like Bethnal Green who arguably have done a great job in collating all the urban footballers from east london and hackney into a collective you guys are the new kids on the block in stopping these guys from traveling to the wilds of Essex and beyond and making them play local.

Plus the only way the spotted dog will get a revamp is via a third party so do Clapton a favour , secure a 5 year lease on the ground and do it up

ps another point , you don't wait to see if you are going to win the league to improve the ground you get the ground works done in anticipation of being promoted .

First and second in the Essex this season will probably be promoted this season ground grading permitting as points gained will not be used with the Ryman League expanding to 24 teams, your wealthy chairman is either serious about football and intends putting the ground improvements at the Old Spotted Dog to make the push to Ryman League or will be viewed as another fly by night chairman whose arms are longer than his ambition. Surely it is not beyond most people's intelligence to see that the Essex Senior League facilitated your remarkable bolt from the blue election in order for the Essex Senior League to be taken more seriously and for that to happen there is no sense in you winning the league or finishing in a promotion spot only to see you stay exactly where you are like Stansted, Enfield and a few others before you . The league needs new blood and like Bethnal Green who arguably have done a great job in collating all the urban footballers from east london and hackney into a collective you guys are the new kids on the block in stopping these guys from traveling to the wilds of Essex and beyond and making them play local.

Plus the only way the spotted dog will get a revamp is via a third party so do Clapton a favour , secure a 5 year lease on the ground and do it up

Nice comments! Would love to comment on your views on Clapton's ground but we have a good relationship with them and I would not want to say too much on that front. ;)

I can assure you our club are serious about moving forward and quickly, we have big plans in motion as we speak. In the mean time this league is very difficult to get out of in terms of winning the league and gaining promotion. I am under no illusions of the task we face to get automatic promotion as there are plenty bigger clubs than ours in this division.

On a lighter note I am truly confused on how you would even know of this Bradley Thomas being linked to us, I have never met the guy but did get a phone call regarding him! (not from Bradley himself) please explain........lol

its just nice to see a club rescuing these guys from travel ling out into the stix to places like Sudbury (ie Eljay) and Leiston , maybe Bradley just thought it maight be better to play a little closer to home....

as long as it wasnt his manager at Sudbury who called you lol but he can be dual registered....didnt you guys enter the Essex Senior Cup?

We have not entered any outside cups, due to being newly formed you cannot play in most outside cups in your first season. So County and FA affiliated Cups will have to be entered next season. I did not even know Bradley was at Sudbury, that's how little I know of him. It was not the Sudbury manager though....lol

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to comment on your views on Clapton's ground but we have a good relationship with them and I would not want to say too much on that front. ;)

You comments would be appreciated in any event. I don't understand the need for secrecy (wink wink etc)

So, who are your landlords at the Old Spotted Dog?

Nice comments! Would love to comment on your views on Clapton's ground but we have a good relationship with them and I would not want to say too much on that front. ;)

I can assure you our club are serious about moving forward and quickly, we have big plans in motion as we speak. In the mean time this league is very difficult to get out of in terms of winning the league and gaining promotion. I am under no illusions of the task we face to get automatic promotion as there are plenty bigger clubs than ours in this division.

On a lighter note I am truly confused on how you would even know of this Bradley Thomas being linked to us, I have never met the guy but did get a phone call regarding him! (not from Bradley himself) please explain........lol

But you did meet him

Archived