Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Vs. Raynes Park Vale

There's an old adage.

If you ain't hungry - Don't bite.

I must admit to having the odd snigger at some peoples responses to 'Smudgers' so called 'rants' !

I think he has a point though Maisie as it was the only game in the CCL Prem that was called off,the rain here all last week was unbelievable at times especially on thursday night we had torential rain in and around London but thanks to all the ground staff not one of our matches was called off,take a bow all of you ground staff great job. :thankyous:

I should have known that my delight at his "I'm leaving this forum" posting would be premature.

It was raining points at Tonbridge Juddian yesterday as the egg chasers went down 57-5 as well,wonder if G.D. was there supporting them,he believes in Karma.

8,328 posts he aint going anywhere.

"Guernsey F C regrets to advise todays scheduled Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Premier League fixture versus Rynes Park Vale F C has been postponed due to a waterlogged Footes Lane pitch. Guernsey F C did investigate to possibility of moving the game to The Track the home of Belgrave Wanderers F C however, the pitch was also waterlogged and the appointed officials correctly deemed the pitch unplayable. "

How does Guernsey FC get blamed for officials calling a game off??

It was certainly not in our favour to have flown a team and officials over for nothing!

"Guernsey F C would like to apologies to Raynes Park Vale F C players and officials and the match officials for the inconvenience of travelling to Guernsey and not get to play the game and we look forward to welcoming them back to Guernsey at some time later in the season.

Guernsey F C would like to thank Shane Moon, Footes Lane Groundsman, for all his efforts in trying to remove the water from the pitch and to all those supporters who came to Footes Lane to help fork the pitch, unfortunately the rain just would not stop and your fantastic efforts were not rewarded.

Guernsey F C are also grateful to Belgrave Wanderers F C for agreeing to allow us to investigate the possibility of playing at The Track, your support is very much appreciated, thank you Andy Robert, Paul Franklin and all at The Track."

Edited by maisiecat

How embarrasing it must of been for Guernsey FC,to have to call off yesterdays game against Raynes Park Vale.A drop of rain that we had 5 hours previously,never curtailed 1 Fixture in the CCL,even Chessingtons ground was playable.A red alert was put out on the Island for Pitch Fork volunteers,all to no avail as the game was abandoned.Even Ormering.com did not put up the news last night.I WONDER WHY?

Saturday 11th February 2012

All CCL Premier & 1st Division matches Postponed due to frozen pitches with the exception of Guernsey 4 Westfield 2.

Just saying!!

Better not bloody rain on 18th Jan :)

Or snow!

Poor show Guernsey. P*ssed down here for the 12 hours and no problem with pitches around here ;)

Had to happen in the end.

It wasn't for the want of trying Kroons, believe me. We have a high water table here, something to do with being surrounded by water. I think if you would have seen the amount of water that was on the pitch, both at Footes lane (Still able to create waves on it even after forking and rolling/spiking with the machinery) and at the alternative of the Track, you would have arrived at the same decision. The match was called off by the officials. That the kind of weather we get down here in the tropics.

I think the bigger issue is when rescheduled GFC home fixtures will be slotted in should the pitch continue to be a problem or, more likely (apologies to LF) they progress further in the FA Vase. All bar 2 Saturdays (23rd March & 13th April) have current fixtures - RPV may take one of those albeit they already scheduled fixtures on both those dates. However if GFC make it to the Vase semi-finals, another 7 Saturday League fixtures will need rescheduling including their home games against Camberley, Ash, Cove, Wembley & Hartley Wintney. That could well mean midweek League trips to Guernsey - doubt if too many Clubs would have thought of that at the time the vote was held. I bet a few Clubs local to me will be cheering on Whyteleafe this weekend ;) Makes you realise what a tough job being Fixtures Secretary is, and how well Lazarus does it!