Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Vs. Raynes Park Vale

Although obviously Smudge has lost the plot here, I was talking to someone in a Board Room the other day who said that their team would refuse to travel to the Island, should they have to go there midweek.

Assuming Guernsey have a good run in the Vase, which is likely, there will surely be not enough Saturdays to play their home games on.

Bearing in mind the logistics for a team getting over there midweek being very difficult, does the League have anything in place to cater for this?

Although obviously Smudge has lost the plot here, I was talking to someone in a Board Room the other day who said that their team would refuse to travel to the Island, should they have to go there midweek.

Assuming Guernsey have a good run in the Vase, which is likely, there will surely be not enough Saturdays to play their home games on.

Bearing in mind the logistics for a team getting over there midweek being very difficult, does the League have anything in place to cater for this?

I'm not sure that's a good idea Ed, bearing in mind the rules state possible expulsion for non-fulfilment of fixture:

8.6 Where a match has been postponed for any reason, The Competition Secretary shall determine the new date.

Any Club without just cause failing to fulfil an engagement to play a Competition match on the appointed date shall for each offence be liable to expulsion from the Competition and/or such other disciplinary action the Board may determine, including the deduction of up to a maximum of three points from the offending Club’s record, any expenses incurred by their opponents, and a fine in accordance with the Fines Tariff.

In the event of a Club being in breach of the previous paragraph of this Rule then the Board may award points to the Club not at fault as if the match had been played and the League table shall reflect the position as if the match had been played with the result awarded by the Board.

According to today's guernsey press it has cost GFC in the region of £7,000 for the game being cancelled/postponed.

And there is the problem Guernsey Local - if GFC were not being sponsored for those costs could they survive, or if the away side had to bear those costs could they? doubt it

With apologies for any copyright being broken and upsetting the legal guys at the newspaper, this is the line from today's Press that refers to the £7,000

''This is the second fixture this season GFC has incurred the cost of a fixture only for the game not to be played and therefore will have an additional £7,000 to cover the additional costs of these re-arranged fixtures''.

My interpretation of that is that the TWO fixtures have cost £7,000 and not just the RPV fixture (the first one being the away game versus Horley).

I was under the impression that each game costs approx £4,000 to fund so maybe it is the cost for two games and not just the weekend game???

Not sure what the fuss is all about Dorking going over on the 22nd Dec dont have a problem with it being called offf as long as its not called off untill we get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more time to enjoy the hospitality im sure if it was to be called off the Guernsey lads will show us the town!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Maisiecat

No need to apologise

We would like to thank you for your hospitality

I am pleased the question of an evening ko didn’t come up, as that would have been awkward, considering that most of our players were up at 4:30, however at no time did we feel we were being pushed into anything we didn’t want, you were, perfect gentlemen considering the financial loss of the called off game.

See you soon

RPV

Edited by Dobo Snr

Sorry you all had a wasted journey, games called off under those circumstances are the last thing anyone wants.

Nothing the club could do though as the decision was in the hands of the Ref.

Not that smudge believes it could not be played of course.

Let's hope the the weather this season gets better!!

I met Antony Moulds dad at a very wet Footes Lane, -did feel sorry for him having made a day trip on the fast ferry. Hope he was able to enjoy what little spare time he had to see the island on what was a day when the weather not suited to sight seeing....or did he also join the baby wetting session!

Been saying for a while that eventually teams would have to play the occasional match midweek. Dont see a problem myself, GFC have to do it pretty often and just get on with it. Clubs happy to have a free weekend here so unfortunately its just one of those things.

One thing worthy of note, this is the first time I can recall in the last 20+ years of a match being called off once a visiting side has got here. That includes matches in the various County Cups, Rothmans Cup, FA Vase as well as inter-insular cup matches.