Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Vs. Raynes Park Vale

Been saying for a while that eventually teams would have to play the occasional match midweek. Dont see a problem myself, GFC have to do it pretty often and just get on with it. Clubs happy to have a free weekend here so unfortunately its just one of those things.

I think you are underestimating just how big a problem it could be HKP. Due to the size & strength of their squad - aided by the fact that if they want Pyramid Football they've no other choice on the island - GFC are far better equipped to take on midweek matches involving several hours travelling. It could prove to be a major issue and I don't think there is an easy solution - perhaps the easiest being GFC failing their ground-grading ;)

I think you are underestimating just how big a problem it could be HKP. Due to the size & strength of their squad - aided by the fact that if they want Pyramid Football they've no other choice on the island - GFC are far better equipped to take on midweek matches involving several hours travelling. It could prove to be a major issue and I don't think there is an easy solution - perhaps the easiest being GFC failing their ground-grading ;)

Why such a problem for a club, it will be one match... Not easy I know, but surely clubs knew this was always a possibly when they vast majority of them voted in GFC?

Why such a problem for a club, it will be one match... Not easy I know, but surely clubs knew this was always a possibly when they vast majority of them voted in GFC?

Doubt it was fully considered - but the main issue will be player availability especially at short notice- most UK based Clubs like GFC will have several players that won't be able to make the trip due to work commitments. But unlike GFC with their large talented squad, most CCL squads will be much smaller hence plugging the gaps will be difficult.

Is that why sometimes there are only 13 or 14 players travelling to away matches? Recently Paul de Garis normally a keeper was also an outfield sub....

No HKP its because the numbers were dropped from 22 to 20 Freebies,so whats the point of taking 16 players,when you have a Manager,Assistant,Coach,Physio,Chairman,Matchday Secretary,etc who need to go.Even Guernsey are not taking 16 away,its called cost cutting.Or as I would say moving the Goalposts once you have your foot in the door.

I was talking about Guernsey travelling to the UK....They were taking small squads last season to, nothing to do with cost cutting....

No HKP its because the numbers were dropped from 22 to 20 Freebies

Is this true or just more rumour? Any change in the agreement would have only been done with the agreement of the League...

There's an old adage.

If you ain't hungry - Don't bite.

I must admit to having the odd snigger at some peoples responses to 'Smudgers' so called 'rants' !

Oh of course, he's just winding everyone up. I get it now.

If you believe that you're as big an old fool as he is.

Yeah like GFCTV was?Voted for by the Full MEMBERSHIP?

Where in the constitution of the CCL does every decision have to go to the Full Membership? If clubs aren't happy perhaps they should contact the powers that be?

The debate re midweek games in Guernsey came up last weekend, and oppo players would need two days off work to fulfil this fixture, not sure if this will happen, if so I can this problems with weak squads going over, also games called off because teams not having enough players, which would mean extra cost to Guernsey.

also games called off because teams not having enough players, which would mean extra cost to Guernsey.

Not sure if a match called off as a team could not fulfill a fixture would mean more expense as surely the visitors would need to concede the match and face the consequences. The problem of course would be no match-revenue for GFC... Lets hope it never comes to this though!

The debate re midweek games in Guernsey came up last weekend, and oppo players would need two days off work to fulfil this fixture, not sure if this will happen, if so I can this problems with weak squads going over, also games called off because teams not having enough players, which would mean extra cost to Guernsey.

Why would they need two days off work? when Guernsey are playing away, they fly in, play the game, overnight in a hotel, and are back on the plane the next morning. I am also not sure that there would be any cost implication for Guernsey for games being cancelled, if there is enough notice, or indeed if the league would allow it to be cancelled at all.

So are you suggesting they work till lunchtime day 1, then travel - fly back in the morning and restart work from lunchtime day 2? Their employers would need to be pretty flexible to allow that arrangement, if indeed they allow them time off at all. Most employers I know would force staff to take 2 days unpaid holiday in such circumstances