Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Vs. Raynes Park Vale

Many Guerneyites were stranded last weekend were they not due to Fog engulfing the Island.What is the maximum time,it takes any player to get to the Airport.How long does it take them to clear Customs,dressed in their Smart Tracksuits,they must nearly all be Celebrities,and well known by now.

Fingers,you will never get the inside info,on what jobs their Players have,or who they work for.My guess is they work for one of Guernseys Sponsors,of which they have many.

In fairness Smudge if their sponsors "reimburse" the players for having to take time off their normal jobs then fair play to them - but not many if any in the CCL would have that type of arrangment.

Edited by Green_Fingers

Think some of the Guernsey posters on here have lost the plot Landing in Guernsey on a Wensday morning and getting out of your Airport and to work is a hell of alot diffrent than landing at Gatwick and then travelling to say central London in the Rush Hour. Would say it,s more of a problem than you think! Who wants to go to Guernsey on a Tue,s answer on a postcard to you must be raving mental lol

Haven't lost the plot ,but do take your point and concede that it may be more difficult to get to work in the morning for UK based players - I just think two days is a bit of a stretch.

On the subject of GFC players working for the sponsors and reimbursing the players, that is not the case across the board - I guess it depends on the relationship you have with your employee, I do sympathise, but we cant be held responsible for the weather can we, and we do have to play these matches.

So glad to see the Guernsey debates are still alive and well.

HURDY....

Plenty of lovely drinking-spots on the beautiful Isle for the 22nd. Dec. Loud and Leery in St Peter Port, and quiet and very English out in the country !"

You take your pick ! By the way - They've abolished the birch for drunkeness, so you'll be fine !

(Sweet memories of lovely 'drinkers' !!)

Edited by Big J R

Will be good to meet you Big JR I will be on the gate and in the bar later on.

And you are correct, the birch is only used by Judges for pleasure now ;-)

Edited by Panthera

Will be good to meet you Big JR I will be on the gate and in the bar later on.

And you are correct, the birch is only used by Judges for pleasure now ;-)

Sadly, I won't be over, even if I did have one of the 'freebies'.

Too many pre-Crimble things going on. (That's what 'Er Indoors says, anyway !!)

:(

Shame - You could have got some of the Guernsey 'Christmas spirit' down you and the December games are usually a great atmosphere.

I do no of one Player,whose boss would no doubt be obliging.

Oooooh !!! Do Tell !!

Fingers,you will never get the inside info,on what jobs their Players have,or who they work for.My guess is they work for one of Guernseys Sponsors,of which they have many.

I don't know of any player who works for any of the main sponsors...

I don't know ALL of the sponsors, so can only give the information I know....

Edited by HKP

Personally can't wait to get over to Guernsey and check out the hospitality, facilities and squad! 24th Nov....lucky enough to get drawn a Saturday and not midweek!

Personally can't wait to get over to Guernsey and check out the hospitality, facilities and squad! 24th Nov....lucky enough to get drawn a Saturday and not midweek!

Really looking forward to that game, should be a cracker. Hope the weather is better than the monsoon that we are experiencing now! You'll be looked after, you should enjoy the guernsey hospitality, but it is always good to get the feedback too, good and bad so that we can work to improve things in the future if required.

Could change if they progress in the Vase today. The next round is 17th November, and if drawn, any replay could well take place the following Saturday (as it would if they draw today). Fingers crossed for positive results one way or the other.

Why is this a 1.00 pm kick off its not like they bring many supporters so I can't understand why the fabric of our non league game is being altered again,3o'clock saturday afternoon is for our football we are not the football league and don't have to worry about sky tv.

Unless you are self-employed I don't see why players wouldn't want to use two days out of their holiday to visit Guernsey and play over there. I guess one issue is though that this time of year, all the holiday might be used up already with some saved for Xmas.

PS. I like 1pm kick-offs.