Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FFS people

Eastside Urchin

something along the lines of a family fun day might be worth looking at some free tickets at a local school put on a few events on match day , as the older support seems to dwindle maybe something like this would bring in some new blood to the club

Family fun day,not really a winter thing,as we are heading towards wet and uncertain weather,not sur it would prove too popular if say the temperature was 5c and raining,more something that should be looked at either towards the end of the season when we probably don't need the profile raised as much,or the beginning of the season.

get real people first you want promotion so we assemble a team that stayed in top two last half of last season maxed out our budget, fair sized crowed for playoffs and final. new season starts new quality players brought in most others stayed loyal to our club . good feelings all around , the chairman of our club can only assemble this team with your help, turnstiles. clubhouse. sponsorship. just turning up and watching a game of footy. match price is as it should be, the problem is you fans want it all promotion or you dont turn up, cheap beer ,and every player when they become available . Ok now the plus points we have possibly the best back room staff in the division we have exellent coaches for the players the pitch is in good shape a great manager none of the people concerned with the day to day running of the club take a penny colin and jimmy run the club and team on a tight honest budget we dont overspend we dont promise what we cant deliver cutting prices cuts profit bigger gates at the same price is what is needed to go forward remember we need money for stadium bills as well players ALL YOU NON LEAGUE FANS HAVE TO DO IS TURN UP AND SUPPORT YOUR CLUB its all about enjoyment for £11.00 lucky we are not premier league hot doge are a fiver

While I agree with what a lot of what you say,I do think the pricing is too high,this is not the fault of the club,this is football in general and I think maybe football has hit a saturation point.

Maybe the Olympics has had a negative effect,there were certainly some interesting quotes from people after the Olympics with regards to the "behaviour" of our footballers,lets face it,the premier league will continue to draw the crowds in as its a global entity,yet pricing for football in this country is way over the top at all levels,this is because of the Huge wages in ALL of our leagues,even into Non League,to compete at this level the fact is that you must spend money on your squad,this in turn means that the gate receipts must be higher than what they would be if the players were on expenses only,which is what I believe any player outside the conference(which I see more as a football league league nowadays) should be getting.

It's a vicious circle,and I know the gate receipts are only a small fraction of what's needed to keep the club going but there is a reason why your average bloke on the streets stay away and I believe that all across the board in non league,the gates are suffering because of the cost.

Take Dover for example,in the ryman one south,they probably averaged around 1000,they are down on that figure by a few hundred,think they average 7-800 now but are two leagues up,think they charged £7 then,they charge £12 now.

We used to get 4-500 in the esl and ryman north,used to charge £5-7 decent crowds,we charge £11 one of the cheapest in the league,our gates have remained static for 2 years now,despite playing better football and being a league higher.

The Hardcore supporters of the club will continue to watch but its about getting the others in,this is simply not happening.

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Something else I think that has changed is in the past it was harder to watch football at home or in the pub. There wasn't as much on and sky was the only satellite provider. So people went to non league games to watch football. Now there are 3 satellite providers all offer value for money and there is an abundance of football. English Scottish Irish French German Spanish Russian all on our tellies. So it is now easier to stay at home, were u can go to supermarket and get a crate of 24 beers for a tenner, or go to the pub which is free to enter and watch the football in an atmosphere the same as at a non league ground.

Just like to make it clear that I have the utmost respect for what Colin and Jimmy and everyone else behind the scenes have done at AFC Hornchurch and to get promoted was an amazing achievement when you look at the teams that were in the RPL last season with clearly bigger budgets than us (Lowestoft and Lewes come to mind).

I think that us, the fans would like to help keep the club there, that's why I believe these suggestions are turning up on this forum (I know I'm being a bit presumptious in speaking for others).

I trust Colin and I'm sure that he will do what's right for the club.

I think it's always cheaper to watch football abroad. I read an article in the paper the other day that said if u were member of Barcelona u got a ticket for el Classico for £25, which is cheaper than most of the football league, but if it not a member it cost u £256 so it's obviously not always. I think u always wanna pay less as u always want to be paid more. We r pretty much at the minimum cost that is enforced on us and our food and drink is reasonably priced I think. It's just getting people through the door. Which has been and I'm sure will be a running issue

Edited by DiamondGeezer

Football in this country has risen and risen so much that we think £11 is a bargain,its not,20 upyears ago,aged 18 I used to pay £2 to watch arsenal,I think hornchurch was pennies rather than pounds at the time.

How football expects to put up there prices x 5/6 times,sometimes more for top clubs is beyond me.

Football in this country should not be any more expensive than it is in this country.

Its not clubs like our fault,we get told what to charge,its the fault of the greedy ones at the top

The whole game needs a shake up imo

Used to pay six old pence as a kid/yid to get into Spurs in 1957, still have the programme, cost two old pence. Signed by Greavesy.

Wouldn't dream of going to watch Premier league and contributing to the coffers of those over-hyped, self-opinionated t*****s yep even at Tottenham.

im not saying that club are over charging on the gate , theres no money to be made from running a football club and they do a great job to have got us this far . its just the running cost of the whole of football from top to bottom has gone wrong , all i want to see is 450- 500 at the next home game and a packed and noisey eastside getting on the visitors backs from the start , but its not going to happen , and i just wonder how or why it wont :mellow: