Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 23rd/24th October

Went to watch Aylesbury last night . They was very unlucky to be 2.0 down at half time , second see them miss more chances it just wasn't there night . O jets really did impress me propa footballing side they just get it down and play . Looking forward to going Aylesbury sat

Oxhey by far the best team I've seen this season so far, and they rested 7 players last night - scary thought!

Theres always 3 sides to a story and you only ever hear 2 ... Sounds as though southall fc are blatant cheats in my eyes. Cheat in football boys and you cheat in life and unfortnatly even the honest players will get tard with the same brush. Afc to advance would be a sensible decision in my eyes.

Cant work out how oxhey keep getting results either, was that wayne gladdy i see back in there side as well? Surely not He must be atleast 45 now?

I think the League will make Southall FC forfeit the game and fine them.

Edited by Savagebee

Theres always 3 sides to a story and you only ever hear 2 ... Sounds as though southall fc are blatant cheats in my eyes. Cheat in football boys and you cheat in life and unfortnatly even the honest players will get tard with the same brush. Afc to advance would be a sensible decision in my eyes.

Cant work out how oxhey keep getting results either, was that wayne gladdy i see back in there side as well? Surely not He must be atleast 45 now?

It was Warren Gladdy.

It was Warren Gladdy.

Warren ?

as in the former harrow boro'/slough town/northwood/hillingdon/harefield united bench warmer? Must be some dosh down there

Theres always 3 sides to a story and you only ever hear 2 ... Sounds as though southall fc are blatant cheats in my eyes. Cheat in football boys and you cheat in life and unfortnatly even the honest players will get tard with the same brush.

That’s a little harsh and over the top isn’t it!

I think it's best left to the Management Committee of the Competition to decide as to what occurred.

Good job I wasn't on this game as Rhodes would have had his little dig.

Er, hold on.

I don't believe that any SSML Club would blatantly cheat as was being suggested by RendonBodgers, we are 'a family' aren't we

Warren ?

as in the former harrow boro'/slough town/northwood/hillingdon/harefield united bench warmer? Must be some dosh down there

I highly doubt it, Oxhey had the look of a bunch of mates playing together which is more likely.

I don't believe that any SSML Club would blatantly cheat as was being suggested by RendonBodgers, we are 'a family' aren't we

The team players an obvious ringer, wins 4-1 and you dont feel thats cheating? ... Unfortunatly as harsh as it is i feel cheat is the correct use of word in this situation. And family? ... Im not sure about you but I wouldnt expect any family member of mine to cheat on me.

I highly doubt it, Oxhey had the look of a bunch of mates playing together which is more likely.

Oh really? ... I see them against haringey boro and they never looked like they had cash nor' mates they were poor! Maybe i'll try get another midweek trip down there to check them out

The team players an obvious ringer, wins 4-1 and you dont feel thats cheating?

Yes it doesnt look good for Southall FC.

Anyone know when a decsion will be made on what happens to Southall FC ?

Wednesday 24th October

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

4-1 Southall v AFC Dunstable

A report from another Forum:

Southall 4 AFC Dunstable 1 SSML Challenge Trophy

Admission £3

Programme 16 pages included with admission

Attendance 25 hc

Coffee £1

Southall had a well deserved win but sadly from what I can gather all in vain.

A largely forgettable first half was lightened by a goal just before half time to send Southall in 1-0 to the good

A quick second half goal from a pacy Southall attack put daylight between the clubs but Dunstable pulled one back when the Southall keeper spilt a shot meaning an easy tap in.

Southall were lightning fast on the break though and went on to score twice more against their Premier Diuvision opponents. No way back for Dunstable now but hang on the linos flagging for the refs attention. Dissent from the bench ? Injury to the linesman ? Letting the ref know it was another crappy night in Europe for English clubs ? Nope, none of these, as was explained at the end of the game by a Southall official apparently Southall had mistakenly sent a sub on who wasn't on the team sheet.10 minutes of tooing and froing between the officials and the benches of both clubs before the ref restarted the game with no further score. I presume that AFC Dunstable will go through now A real shame as Southall were deserved winners.

Feel free to use this post Rhodes

The team players an obvious ringer, wins 4-1 and you dont feel thats cheating? ... Unfortunatly as harsh as it is i feel cheat is the correct use of word in this situation. And family? ... Im not sure about you but I wouldnt expect any family member of mine to cheat on me.

Yh I can't defend the management at southall they f*cked up but the players who have been playing all season put that game to 4-1 80 mins left. That doesn't excuse southall managers but that's the truth. And by the way the player in question is 16 odd and he ain't no superstar so understand it coulda been a mess up which the management made. P.s that southall team was missing 2 main players too and still comfortably won. :)

Tuesday 23rd October

MIDDLESEX SENIOR CHARITY CUP First Round

3-1 Uxbridge v Hanwell Town

A report on this one from another Forum:

Middlesex County FA Charity Cup

Uxbridge 3-1 Hanwell Town

(@ Honeycroft)

Admission: £8

Prog: None - teamsheet given away

Attendance: 46

Probably not the best evening to visit Uxbridge as it was quite a miserable night with a sparse crowd but this was a decent game which could have got better had Hanwell not had a goal disallowed for offside in the 2nd half.

Most have probably been here so no need to describe in full detail. 4 covered stands that are quite small are on all 4 sides. Seems a reasonable place to watch a game if more were here and a better evening for it.

Uxbridge tore Hanwell apart in the 1st half and went in 3-0 up. Ux could have had a few more too as Hanwell just couldn't cope. At HT Uxbridge took of their 3 best players and surprise surprise the 2nd half was more even. Hanwell pulled one back at the start of the half and had another ruled out for offside which would have made it really interesting. Late on Ux had a few more chances to add a 4th as Hanwell had run out of steam but couldn't finish off some good moves.

Reasonable evening out, I'll see far worse games at far worse grounds this season.