Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

27th October games

AllStar

Nuggets for me are Hopitt at Badshot Lea, unorthodox but has always been the stand out player when I have seen them. Atkins at Wembley is very lively, raw but worth a gamble for me. Quite like your captain Krooner not sure of his name?

Thatll be my good pal dale webb !!!

Morning

Yeaterdays game had everything and was a good game we stuck to our game plan and to say it worked would b a understatement.... Baker was man marked out the game and led to frustration throughout which ultimately saw him go for a elbow which cost his team dearly.... Eversleys right winger fox I think he is, that guy is different class all game caused us problems and wasn't scared to run with the ball.

I think the thing is that at Mole Valley the Gaffa has unearthed some real reletively unknown talent and everybody is playing well giving the Gaffa a selection headache.... We have no big time Charlie's and we are all enjoying our football and are going from strength to strength...

Hopefully the result yesterday sent shock waves through the league and sent a statement that we r here to challenge for the ultimate prize but we have 2 massive games over next 2 weeks with south kilburn and frimley green so will take those one game at a game

With the baker 7 day approach the guy is a decent fella and a established consistent striker at this level would welcome him with open arms at valley ;)

Hope whoever came yesterday enjoyed the game cause I certainently did!!!

well done mate great result and as I said yesterday I think you will be back in the Prem very soon,2 tough games coming up but i'm sure you will do well in both,I don't know the lad Baker but he always seems to score you did well to shut him out yesterday and thats what he would face in the CCL Prem not saying he wouldn't do well but he needs to keep his discipline,I have watched Frimley a few times this season and they are very strong and I see they won again yesterday this league is gonna be very tight and could go right to the wire.

Wood got back to winning ways at Molesey on a poor playing surface and in cold, windy and, at times, wet conditions. Wood could muster only 12 players, much to the obvious frustration of the manager, but did welcome back Chris Gregson following his holiday.

The Moles made light of the conditions and swamped the Wood defence, occasionally over hitting crosses and passes due to the strong wind at their backs. Ex-Wood striker, Manny Quarshie, drove across the goal face and wide and Nick White fired high and wide before Quarshie had a shot deflected behind. Kris Webb was rather late on Nathan Turner as the wind abated somewhat and Wood found some reprieve by getting the ball down and passing it around. A long throw was flicked on by Quarshie and met by Lewis Ackerman but Dan Burnett tipped his effort over the bar. On rare forays upfield, Turner had a strong run blocked and Eli Ogunseye fired over. Poor possession from Wood allowed Joe Pratley-Jones a shot which flew over before Wood took a surprise lead on 41 minutes. A free kick was awarded, rather harshly, and was taken quickly by Joe Mead to Ogunseye whose pinpoint cross was met by Mario Embalo who headed home. Phil Frodsham blocked bravely with his head at the front post and Burnett denied Quarshie with his shins.

HT 1-0 – The travelling entourage were well happy with that scoreline; fearing the worst against an obvious top four contender club. Wood have something to get their teeth into with the wind now behind them. Gregson replaced Embalo.

On 50 minutes, Wood extended their lead having coped with early Moles attacks. Helge Orome, beginning to dominate in midfield, fed Ogunseye on the right and his slightly deflected shot nestled in the far corner past a bewildered Wester Young, another former Wood player. Ogunseye was now giving Tom Dilloway a torrid time and his run and cross went behind the onrushing Turner as Wood sensed the kill. The frustrated Dilloway was very late on Frodsham and Moles made a double substitution to freshen things up. Turner stretched to meet a long ball but volleyed wide and Burnett dealt comfortably with a Dilloway 35 yard free kick. The driving rain helped to repel any Molesey threat and the game drifted rather aimlessly to it's conclusion although Orome and Gregson linked well to feed Turner who was denied by Young. Turner had another effort blocked before the whistle sounded and the happy visiting supporters headed for the warmth of the bar.

A fine team effort from South London's “Milanese” with Orome shading the man of the match award just ahead of Burnett.

Edited by Chris Clapham

Ash Utd 3 Epsom & Ewell 2

what a start we got 2 goals inside the 1st 10 mins & then on 19min a 35yard screamer that gave Epsom keeper no chance at all. Epsom then pulled a goal back with some quick thinking from a freekick getting their forward free who tucked the ball home. However we should have easily gone in at halftime more goals in front but failed to finish a couple one on one's. The second half saw Epsom pull another goal back five mins into the half & game on. Ash had some nervy times inside their penalty box but also could easily have killed the game off, but in the end held on to gain the win against a strong Epsom side

watched spelthorne yesterday, there is no doubt they are starting to get their swagger back. they looked very organised and hard to break down.if i hadnt known who was the prem side, i certainly wouldnt of thought it was bagshot lea. was they resting players? im not sure. but not for the first time this season spelthorne lost this match down to some woefall goalkeeping.watching a goalkeeper in full control of the ball and run up to try and kick it and miss the ball!? are you serious. it seems to becoming a regular occurance and it must be driving the players on the pitch mad, because im a retired old pensioner and even i was thinking of walking round to the home team dugout and offering to go in goal. i watched about 6 games this year and every game the gk has made howlers. is the manager watching the same game as me?he seems happy to let things go, spelthorne will not compete at this level with goalkeeping displays like that, i dont want to be harsh on the lad, but hopefully he reads this and improves or if not probally best to hang his gloves up. dont know if any spelthorne players are on this forum, but what the hell was that game you was doing before the match. getting naked??

One touch one bounce tigger. When you mess up you lower your shorts to your knees, mess up again ad it goes to your ankles, mess up again and the shorts come off, then we start on the underpants! The only way to stop yourself getting naked is to take a red ass from point blank range! It's a great game for team morale ad to relax players before the serious warm up starts.

In regards to the goalkeeper, yes he did have a mare, but I think this one will have sunk in as being a wake up call to improve both attitude and performance.

Tigger1 Agreed it was not a game for the purists this one. All three goals were mistakes. Made 6 changes to give some of the other lads a chance and completely rested some lads inc Matt Griffiths, George Hardy and Nick Sowden. Next up for us are home leagur games on Tuesday v Sandhurst Town and on Saturday v Molesey. Still enjoyed my first trip to Spelthorne, nice people and were well looked after.

Weebs I'm claiming the og as mine so that would make it a hat trick!!!

I'm with you on that mate.... Strikers union ,,, I used to claim everything even if I was nowhere near it lol...

watched spelthorne yesterday, there is no doubt they are starting to get their swagger back. they looked very organised and hard to break down.if i hadnt known who was the prem side, i certainly wouldnt of thought it was bagshot lea. was they resting players? im not sure. but not for the first time this season spelthorne lost this match down to some woefall goalkeeping.watching a goalkeeper in full control of the ball and run up to try and kick it and miss the ball!? are you serious. it seems to becoming a regular occurance and it must be driving the players on the pitch mad, because im a retired old pensioner and even i was thinking of walking round to the home team dugout and offering to go in goal. i watched about 6 games this year and every game the gk has made howlers. is the manager watching the same game as me?he seems happy to let things go, spelthorne will not compete at this level with goalkeeping displays like that, i dont want to be harsh on the lad, but hopefully he reads this and improves or if not probally best to hang his gloves up. dont know if any spelthorne players are on this forum, but what the hell was that game you was doing before the match. getting naked??

Watched the 1 half and I thought badshot tryed to play a bit but it was hard on the heavy ish pitch with a strong wind witch helped with there 1st goal

Spelthorne tryed to play but gave the ball away a lot but got back into it with a mistake and a bit of help from the wind good finish from the big centre forward

Spelthorne started to play a bit and looked better but badshot could of add 1 or 2 more with better finishing

Good to see buzz and Adam playing 1st team football

A Whyteleafe type support?

Your highest away crowd this season, 164 at Camberley, and that was on a Tuesday night.

Just imagine if they had catered for a large crowd, printed loads of programmes, bought loads of food, it would of been binned by 5pm. Are you a Special case? Love the way you have become a knocker, of other Clubs facilities, they are not lucky enough to have £250,000 sponsorship. But one thing many have is a Ground for promotion, unlike your BBB Club.

Tigger I think you may be watching with rose-tinted glasses B) . Badshot Lea rested a few regulars but still controlled the game from start to finish with better passing. Had it not been for the Spelly keeper who made several point blank saves the scoreline would have been much greater. On the other hand cant remember Baggies keeper having a save to make? All 3 goals were mistakes, and yes the Badshot winner was unfortunate for the keeper but he deserves credit for keeping the scoreline down.