Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 3rd Nov Fixtures/Updates/Results/Reports

Cove 3 - 0 Dorking. Credit to Dorking who didn't roll over, but lots of chances not converted in a game that was never in doubt. 4 in 4 wins and no league goals conceded since Dan and Ant have taken over. A tough couple of weeks ahead with HV and SP coming up but hopefully we can maintain pressure on the top sides.

They seem organized and well structured from afar, and you can see the players want to play for them and our style is now a lot more solid than under DT... Just as a spectator I couldn't say, but certainly a great start from a gamble by Cove in giving the job to 2 young managers.

Frimley are defiantly the team to beat! Baker and Hamilton were well controlled and mepham was on fire. Talking about celebrations what was mepham doing lol? It was a big game for both teams so you can't have ago at frimley for having a little huddle and cheer at the end. Sav is a class coach and they will bounce back

Reis Stanislaus? Made his (very, very good) debut today and I know he's played for Chalfont St Peter and Wealdstone cos the interweb said so? Someone at the game mentioned Bedfont as well. Anywhere else?

This lad had a trail at burton Albion last season that's a major coup for egham

Certainly just a spectator and nothing negative said about DT. The football played under him was some of best I've seen at this level, but now with the changes in the management we seem more rigid defensively. As for the reason for DT being no longer with the club I've no idea mate as I've no interest in the politics.

Finally stopped the rut with a 5-1 win over Windsor. Ref was unbelievable today. I'm still shocked at how he spoke to players in the first half including me when I asked if i could speak to him and was told "no, go away." Thought captains were allowed to but I must have got that wrong. Thankfully the second half he was better (slightly). Had a laugh with the Windsor boys throughout the game, good bunch and a lovely pitch too. Fairly even first half going in at 1-1, second I think we just got a grip on the game. Got some promising youngsters in there too and wish the luck for the season.

Cheers. Yes I thought Windsor played pretty well on the whole. Lacked a bit of muscle / height / pace up front but it's still a team in evolution. Your experience was always going to win through tbh but 5-1 was a bit harsh on Windsor.

I liked the fact the ref told you guys to "mind your language" in the 1st half - foul-mouthed bunch! We're a family club you know! ;)

What a very odd conclusion to the 1st half. Ellis down for 3 minutes, then the ref blows up for half time. Not seen that before, guess he must have been looking forward to his cuppa.

Certainly just a spectator and nothing negative said about DT. The football played under him was some of best I've seen at this level, but now with the changes in the management we seem more rigid defensively. As for the reason for DT being no longer with the club I've no idea mate as I've no interest in the politics.

Listen Darling we all knew about DT a few weeks before he left because one of the new young managers was at Frimley Green watching a match and telling everyone what was happening at your club he was slating the ex manager left right and centre and its no surprise that by hook or by crook that he has found himself in a position that he (and his dad)have been after for quite a while,to me although I had 4 very successfull seasons at Cove its just another club now but boy do you do things the contraversial way.

Another home league defeat for Wood leaves them looking nervously over their shoulders yet, once again, there were some positives to be taken from the game. Helge Orome started despite severe ankle bruising against the premier new boys.

Joe Mead and Orome combined to set up Ogunseye but he blazed over the bar leaning back. The opening exchanges were rather scrappy but it was good to see two sides trying to get it down and play. Ankumu fed Ogunseye but Stanford blocked for the visitors and Buss cleared his lines. Dan Hughes was rather late on Jackson who was beginning to become quite a threat to the Wood back line as Bedfont settled into something of a passing rhythm. Frodsham cleared well from Jackson following a fine Beadle pass. Gavin Bamford fouled Gregson and the resulting free kick was well headed away by visiting skipper Turner. Sports took the lead on 23 minutes when a fine through ball from Turner found Jackson clear in on goal and he never looked like missing. Bamford tried a clever long range chip but Sam mead was alert to nod the danger to the grateful arms of Burnett.

If Wood have one thing in abundance it is character and they were level just four minutes later with a fine goal. A pinpoint pass from Orome was taken in his stride by Turner. He rode a late challenge from behind, stayed on his feet and the drilled the ball past a helpless Buss. Jones was rather lucky to stay on the field when he lunged at Dan Hughes, no doubt frustrated at being out-muscled by the diminutive Gregson. The yellow card seemed scant reward for his efforts. Bamford was almost punished for over playing at the back and Jackson was cautioned for a stray elbow, a harsh decision as it looked purely accidental. Turner headed straight at Buss and Dan Hughes and Turner did well to supply the live wire Gregson but Jones denied him. Lang and Turner linked up to set up Ogunseye but another last ditch block denied him as well. Almost on half time, Burnett produced a superb save to deny Jackson following another fine pass from Watts.

HT 1-1 – A tight game but the visitors are in the ascendancy.

Rexhepi replaced Ankumu for Wood and baker replaced Stanford for Bedfont.

Bedfont opened the half clearly on a mission to get ahead. Beadle did well to chase down a cross field Jackson ball and he crossed for Hodges who blazed the ball over the bar.

Burnett recovered just in time to deflect an angled cross behind and Gregson had a shot blocked before Bedfont took the lead on 55 minutes. A succession of about eight passes saw Bedfont in on the right and the front post cross fell to the unmarked Jackson who had time, too much time, to take a touch and drive past the unprotected Burnett. Turner and Gregson still posed a threat up top for Wood but the creative play behind them was not forthcoming as Wood found it harder and harder to find the strikers. The visitors, with two banks of four looked happy to play on the break now they were ahead. Gregson was wrongly flagged for offside but he was soon in on goal when a hopeful long ball saw him outstrip the Bedfont defence but he shot across Buss and wide. Bamford received a strange yellow card although Baker's yellow soon after was more clear cut. The extra aggression required to win matches such as these was clearly evident in the visitors make up but the home side looked ponderous. In fact, most of the second half appeared to be played at half pace with Bedfont doing just enough and Wood doing little to shift the balance of power. Turner blazed a Joe Mead pass almost out of the ground, quite a feat at that end of the ground and Embalo replaced Sam Mead. A short corner routine saw Turner fire over the bar and Embalo's only contribution was to get booked again in the corner. Lang over hit a cross which just about summed up the second half and the lively Beadle went round Burnett but shot wide from 25 yards.

Bedfont look comfortable in this league and, with consistency, will climb the table quickly. Wood have now lost two thirds of their fifteen league games and they will need to scrap harder if they are to add to their wins tally in the coming weeks.

Edited by Chris Clapham

Easy game you may well be right with the 'Motivator no one listens to' but I can assure you I have never been the first team manager at Frimley Green. I can see by your post you are one of the many thousands of people that disagree with my ideas on football but what makes football a great game are the opinions of the people who watch or are involved in it. Many thanks for pointing out to me how useless I have been as a manager.

Listen Darling we all knew about DT a few weeks before he left because one of the new young managers was at Frimley Green watching a match and telling everyone what was happening at your club he was slating the ex manager left right and centre and its no surprise that by hook or by crook that he has found himself in a position that he (and his dad)have been after for quite a while,to me although I had 4 very successfull seasons at Cove its just another club now but boy do you do things the contraversial way.

As I said the politics doesn't do anything for me personally and I know what it is like with Chinese whispers in local football. All I know is that we have had one good young manager depart and 2 arrive, with the desired results in the early stages. That as it stands is value to me. It's a long old season and 4 games means nothing, but I for one am happy with where we seem to be heading.