Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best Striker

None of them are a Coops and I have to agree with Bommie on this one as now having seen the lad Baker against Frimley last week I certainly wouldn't drop Meps or Simmo for him,maybe I saw him on a bad day but on last weeks performance I have to wonder what he has been playing against to get all of these goals.I can remember a few seasons ago when a lad from lammas came to Camberley after scoring a phenominal amount of goals for them but when it came to the step up he couldn't do it I think he played around 12 to 15 games and didn't score.

Best striker ? Well it really depends what you call ''best'' /

Is it just his goal scoring prowess in the box with no work rate for the team and lack of movement, selfish (which naturally strikers generally are).

Is it a striker who works hard for the team, has planty of movement, creates chances for other players, unselfish but will still get you 15 goals a season.

We all have different ideas thats natural, but what do we look at, the OVERALL package he brings to the table or just goals ?...You decide !

We've had a couple of poor results in the league,but hopefully we'll get back to winning ways this week.

Baker is a good player (along with other in Div 1) and hopefully at some point we'll get promoted to see if we can compete against the Prem sides. I don't believe the gap between the top of Div 1 and the Prem (excluding the top 5) is that huge.

Over the last 2 seasons 15+ of our players have progressed to the Prem and are holding their own. I think it's a mixture of the Prem being slightly weaker than it was and some of the Div 1 sides improving

Edited by danielpjn

We've had a couple of poor results in the league,but hopefully we'll get back to winning ways this week.

Baker is a good player (along with other in Div 1) and hopefully at some point we'll get promoted to see if we can compete against the Prem sides. I don't believe the gap between the top of Div 1 and the Prem (excluding the top 5) is that huge.

Over the last 2 seasons 15+ of our players have progressed to the Prem and are holding their own. I think it's a mixture of the Prem being slightly weaker than it was and some of the Div 1 sides improving

just you keep on thinking like that mate and then if you ever get to the Prem I will PM you my mobil number and you can tell me in private just how huge the gulf is cos as much as I like Sav what i saw from your team last week just aint good enough for CCL Premier Division and also Frimley would struggle as well

Guernsey,Bedfont Sports,South Park,Farnham etc all seem to be holding their own.

I'm not saying we are ready yet,just from the sides I have seen get promoted/relegated between the divisions,I think the gap is closing.

Take out Guernsey because you will never be like them but yer I can see you being like a Farnham in a few years time but not yet

Am i right in thinking ( just what i was told by someone at Farnham) that when Farnham got promoted they had the usual amount of journeymen players who try and cling onto CCL Premier status turn up in the summer and start the season. Didnt go well so Farnham reverted to the same team that got them promoted and comfortably stayed up last season.

Duncs how can you say Frimley would struggle. Most of that side is based on players from top 6 CCL Prem clubs. In my opinion Eversley would destroy a lot of the weaker Prem defences and would be fine in that division

Was Coops a great striker or was it the team around him that created so many chances. I used to watch him for Wimbledon as a boy and always thought the team were better than him and anyone could have scored that many goals.

I followed his career after he left to see if he would make it but he turned into a journeyman chasing the money on a reputation until being found out.

I would say:

Div 1: Page by a mile

Prem: Cornell or Allen but very different

Talking of strkers, rumour has it that Colliers Wood decent striker Nathan Turner has gone to Egham for big bucks?

Any truth in this rumour ......or is it just another name being banded about ?

I can tell you this is not true in any shape or form!

Was Coops a great striker or was it the team around him that created so many chances. I used to watch him for Wimbledon as a boy and always thought the team were better than him and anyone could have scored that many goals.

I followed his career after he left to see if he would make it but he turned into a journeyman chasing the money on a reputation until being found out.

I would say:

Div 1: Page by a mile

Prem: Cornell or Allen but very different

I don't believe you have posted this Spy, obviously its a team game and a striker is usually indebted to his fellow team mates for providing the chances, having said that its recognised by all of the experts that putting the ball into the net is the most difficult thing to do in football,Coops did it reguarily for AFC and was once voted Londons top player beating the likes of Zola,football is all about opinions I certainly don't believe that anyone could of scored so many goals,credit where credits due mate.

Played against a young (well he's younger than me anyway!) Adam Cunnington when he was at Barton Rovers in a friendly game back in 2005.

Fantastic striker.

best striker played with Adam Cornell.

I remember watching Adam Cornell when he was playing for the Hayes FC reserves a few years back he scored loads of goals for the Hayes reserves but he was never really given a chance in the Hayes first team then Hayes merged with Yeading FC and he left the club soon after the merger. I always keep my eye out for him so glad he is banging in the goals for Badshot Lea FC.

Edited by Savagebee