Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Matches, Results & Reports

Nathan.

Yeah I did have a smile and it was because of the reaction of your bench. obviously not smiling that I've just hurt someone coz at that moment how is anyone supposed to know its serious?

It's a game of football Unfortunatly stuff like this happens I have certainly been on the receiving end in the past . Was not intentional and like I said I hope he makes a quick recovery and is back playing soon.

Thanks for letting me know how he is.

Joe

What did they get wrong Bigboy? All bookings were bookings and the sending off was correct (2nd yellow) for the Windsor lad. Must add was impressed with Windsor and they will take points off the top 5 in the league. Egham seemed slow to get going but just had a little to much in the end.

agree with the windsor double yellow but the egham 6 and 8 could/should have seen double yellow and the 14 who came on 2nd half could/should have probably gone for a few late ones (not terrible tackles by any means) but all late ones...as well as 8 for windsor....looked a penalty late in the second half for windsor but also both sides had dubious offsides where i was in line and the assistant nearest the dugouts was not up with play (understandably so).

Good game to be involved in vs Brentford last night decent pitch decent crowd!

We played some nice stuff and could have won the game with a bit better finishing. They kept the ball really well but didn't really hurt us with it as was always in front of us. Fitness told towards the end but to be expected from a full time team of youngsters.

The 9 who had played first team was a handful but thought we dealt with him ok.

On a different note we are due to play chessington next Tuesday which will b off I'm sure due to no dramatic change in weather for the better so can't we change the venue to leg of mutton assuming Cobham aren't playing of course? How easy is it to do?

Watched the 2nd half of Westfield v Sandhurst - long hard season of struggle for Sandhurst.

First time I think I've ever seen a defender push up to play offside when an attacker was RUNNING at them with the ball!

Edited by powelly

On a different note we are due to play chessington next Tuesday which will b off I'm sure due to no dramatic change in weather for the better so can't we change the venue to leg of mutton assuming Cobham aren't playing of course? How easy is it to do?

The Surrey FA website is showing Chessy as playing their Surrey Senior cup 2nd round game next Tuesday v Godalming Town!

He's not ok, Joe and isn't alright. It's not broken, but you've done some damage that will keep our top scorer out for probably a couple of months. What annoyed me most was you walking off smiling after recieving your yellow card (dont say you didnt). Maybe this was something funny the ref said to you or may have been the comment your bench were making of "it's just a bruise." It isn't a bruise. Regarding our managements reaction to you, a good friend and team mate had just been talking to hospital and as for calling you a dirty **** when you 'aren't that sort of player,' they don't know you do they, so why would they have any other perception of you after that?

Already been told to not come on here and comment on the ref but all I will say, is just when I thought we couldn't get a worse man in the middle than last season when we played Mole Valley at home, this chap turned up.

What was also frustrating is the comments JDSPFC made on our red cards. Mike Smith's one, I asked the ref how it was different to the one on Kieran and he kind of mumbled and then walked off. The red for Staff, he indeed did walk to his linesman for clarification. When I asked the lino what he asked, he said "whether the played came from behind and I said yes." Well unless there was some sort of Derren Brown s*** going on, where he made everyone believe this, i was pretty sure they were side by side.

Good to see Bally, who somehow scored with a cruyff about 12 yards out which rolled through two players legs! Had some banter with Jeffers and the other little lad up top.

But anyway, we didn't win, we've lost our striker for a few weeks, 2 red cards, but it's a point with 9 men. Testament to us really, seeing as when it was 11 v 9, their goalkeeper was time wasting. Needless to say we are all looking forward to the reverse fixture already, later in the season.

Agreed Milesy absolutely not alright - obviously we all think about it from a football perspective but he's self employed so won't be earning for a few weeks.

How the referee doesn't take stronger action for a tackle he describes as 'out of control and over the top of the ball' I don't know but I imagine he can talk that through with the assessor!!

Any comments from our bench and management team where in direct reponse to the players on the Cove bench.

That aside a magnificent performance from our 9 men outplaying the 11 men from Cove and nicking the equaliser through Chris Smith before Cove went down to nine players in the last 5 minutes - player went off injured looked a nasty knee injury spoke to him after the match and he did his ACL previously so hopefully not the same injury! and the Cove skipper sent off for two bookings.

Onwards and upwards looking forward to our Vase match away to Ash at the weekend ...

Apologies mate, i didn't realise at the time but that was you that said hello to me last night, wasn't it?!

Very open game as you say!!

Yes mate. My you have dropped some timber ain't ya ! Was very impressed with the Croydon middle pair. Small 4 plenty of nice touches and the 8 a strong powerful break up play type. That with the pace all round they can surely only improve. Epsom were however def not at their best. You have hooked up with John ain't you at Chips ? Must say the coach put them through a tough session out the back. Next we will have a proper catch up.

Matt

Who do you play for? Yeah he's a good lad and a very decent keeper...but hoping to stick one past him Saturday.

bedfont sports mate an dont ell him hes decent his heads big enough as it is!!!

Nath,

i dont tend to come on here at all to be honest, forums are not for me but what ive read id just like to make a few points myself.

i really do hope Lavery makes a quick and speedy recovery for you boys and unfortunate that he is self employed. i hope he is personally insured for such things, as we all know that accidents happen, whether u agree with this or not, and can continue to keep an income coming in.

in defence to Joe on your attack to him he didnt have to come on here, a forum that he rarely uses himself, and find out how the lad is doing. knowing Joe well i know he wouldnt have gone in to intentionally hurt the lad, no one can deny it was a very competitive game from the outset. if you're wanting to talk about tackles, i feel your number 2 was lucky to stay on the pitch with a two footed lunge in the first half,a tackle that could have been alot worse but thankfully not. going back to the Lavery injury i personally spoke with your physio as we came out after half time to see how he was, she was pretty sure it wasnt a break at the time and with him walking off with a bit of help, it would have been unfortunate to have been a broken ankle with out alot of pain showing.

i really do appreciate your frustration at losing one of your top players to injury, but lets face it it could have easily been a game with many more serious injuries with tackles from behind (from my view) and off the ball incidences.

i wont go into commenting on the officials as its already been said.

all the best for the season

Nath,

i dont tend to come on here at all to be honest, forums are not for me but what ive read id just like to make a few points myself.

i really do hope Lavery makes a quick and speedy recovery for you boys and unfortunate that he is self employed. i hope he is personally insured for such things, as we all know that accidents happen, whether u agree with this or not, and can continue to keep an income coming in.

in defence to Joe on your attack to him he didnt have to come on here, a forum that he rarely uses himself, and find out how the lad is doing. knowing Joe well i know he wouldnt have gone in to intentionally hurt the lad, no one can deny it was a very competitive game from the outset. if you're wanting to talk about tackles, i feel your number 2 was lucky to stay on the pitch with a two footed lunge in the first half,a tackle that could have been alot worse but thankfully not. going back to the Lavery injury i personally spoke with your physio as we came out after half time to see how he was, she was pretty sure it wasnt a break at the time and with him walking off with a bit of help, it would have been unfortunate to have been a broken ankle with out alot of pain showing.

i really do appreciate your frustration at losing one of your top players to injury, but lets face it it could have easily been a game with many more serious injuries with tackles from behind (from my view) and off the ball incidences.

i wont go into commenting on the officials as its already been said.

all the best for the season

Buck,

Not quite sure how you work out it was an 'attack.' He said he hopes he is alright; I said he isnt. I said I didnt like him walking off with a smile on his face; I wasnt. He said he isnt that sort of player and didnt appreciate the comments made to him by our bench about being dirty; I explained that he didnt exactly cover himself in glory and give the perception of a player that isnt like that. He may well not be, but we dont know that. No he didnt have to come on here, but he rightly did so because he should have done and was out of line last night. For that, fair play to him.

Agree with you regarding our number 2, he's always a feisty player and if he wasnt close to being sent off for a couple of tackles/retaliating, it could have been for his mouth.

Im over it now mate, I could list the offences you and your team committed throughout the 90 minutes last night as well as the officials but its pointless. I cant see the standard of officiating getting any better so its something we'll have to put up with at this level.

Good luck. See you at ours.

Edited by milesy4

Epsom were certailnly not at there best,and not having a game for 2 weeks didnt help,but fair play to Croydon they were excellant,worked hard,and played some good football, good luck to John and the lads in the Vase on saturday