Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Matches, Results & Reports

jesus christ, is this your first year in mens football milesy? grow and man up eh. learn a lesson about the game from tuesday-if the other team start strong and get a few in-then get a few in yourself, if the refs weak and inconsistent-test it to the limit.

if you worry about your day job-dont play, watch. its a contact sport at grass roots level what do you expect?

bitching about a tackle on a forum-the stuff of overprotective parents in kids football. sort yourself out.

mark the card, you got 90 at home to come. make sure its a good one. easy done.

ffs what has this game become.

Have to agree with you there HTH. I wonder if we would be having this debate if the tackle had been on a different South Park player, and not their star man? The fact that their best player will now be out for several weeks/months has probably made the whole situation worse and harder to swallow. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery and is fit to play in the return fixture.

Young lad myself, HTH. Only been playing a couple of years so ill have to learn from Tuesday and having an opinion. Thanks for the advice though. Were you there watching/playing the game or just chucking a couple pence worth in?

jesus christ, is this your first year in mens football milesy? grow and man up eh. learn a lesson about the game from tuesday-if the other team start strong and get a few in-then get a few in yourself, if the refs weak and inconsistent-test it to the limit.

if you worry about your day job-dont play, watch. its a contact sport at grass roots level what do you expect?

bitching about a tackle on a forum-the stuff of overprotective parents in kids football. sort yourself out.

mark the card, you got 90 at home to come. make sure its a good one. easy done.

ffs what has this game become.

Post of the year..

He's not ok, Joe and isn't alright. It's not broken, but you've done some damage that will keep our top scorer out for probably a couple of months. What annoyed me most was you walking off smiling after recieving your yellow card (dont say you didnt). Maybe this was something funny the ref said to you or may have been the comment your bench were making of "it's just a bruise." It isn't a bruise. Regarding our managements reaction to you, a good friend and team mate had just been talking to hospital and as for calling you a dirty **** when you 'aren't that sort of player,' they don't know you do they, so why would they have any other perception of you after that?

Already been told to not come on here and comment on the ref but all I will say, is just when I thought we couldn't get a worse man in the middle than last season when we played Mole Valley at home, this chap turned up.

What was also frustrating is the comments JDSPFC made on our red cards. Mike Smith's one, I asked the ref how it was different to the one on Kieran and he kind of mumbled and then walked off. The red for Staff, he indeed did walk to his linesman for clarification. When I asked the lino what he asked, he said "whether the played came from behind and I said yes." Well unless there was some sort of Derren Brown s*** going on, where he made everyone believe this, i was pretty sure they were side by side.

Good to see Bally, who somehow scored with a cruyff about 12 yards out which rolled through two players legs! Had some banter with Jeffers and the other little lad up top.

But anyway, we didn't win, we've lost our striker for a few weeks, 2 red cards, but it's a point with 9 men. Testament to us really, seeing as when it was 11 v 9, their goalkeeper was time wasting. Needless to say we are all looking forward to the reverse fixture already, later in the season.

Beyond harsh. There is no way in a million years he would try to hurt anyone, Joe literally doesnt have a bad bone in his body. In football people make mistakes, its the nature of the game, we have all been on the end of some shockers but we know (well hope) it was never intended. Paris certainly would never have intended anything. He has said sorry and held his hands up, doesnt need more thrown in his direction. Strangely enough, if your unfortunate enough to injure someone, you feel like shi*e, so if someone has that bit about them to actually make an effort to apologise and see how the player is in a public forum you should probably lay off them abit. Wish your player the speediest of recoveries, I actually played with him once at Horley when he was getting fit in the ressies (i think), he was a lovely lad and actually tolerated my constant waywood passes lol :)

Edited by Luke

Yes mate. My you have dropped some timber ain't ya ! Was very impressed with the Croydon middle pair. Small 4 plenty of nice touches and the 8 a strong powerful break up play type. That with the pace all round they can surely only improve. Epsom were however def not at their best. You have hooked up with John ain't you at Chips ? Must say the coach put them through a tough session out the back. Next we will have a proper catch up.

Matt

Sorry, wasn't really with it Tuesday night! Yeah thanks, have done near enough 3 stone thank god! Like you, I was very impressed with Croydon, good movement, seemed young and very lively.

I'm helping John a little but mainly now going out to watch some games for him as can't commit all the time needed so is unfair to just keep coming and going. He's got couple of good coaches that work them hard and plenty of help on match day so all good!

Yeah defo catch up properly again soon mate, take care

Have to agree with you there HTH. I wonder if we would be having this debate if the tackle had been on a different South Park player, and not their star man? The fact that their best player will now be out for several weeks/months has probably made the whole situation worse and harder to swallow. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery and is fit to play in the return fixture.

Who the tackle was on is irelevant in the context of the game! It was a horrible tackle which deserved a harsher punishment. We all understand that these tackles happen and im sure the lad didnt mean to hurt Kieran, but when you see two of your own players sent off for lesser challenges its going to upset/ frustrate people.

bedfont sports 1 hanwell town 0

back to winning ways with a superb solo effort from jack beadle who cut in from the left an curled a shot to the keepers far right this was in the first 10 minutes an in patches we played ok we rested hodge, watts, ryan an s bamford with joe jackson coming back in after being away for the last game! hanwell had a lot of possesion but just had no real quality in the final third there were a few goal mouth scrambles an a couple of point blank range efforts but young wines in goal was unbeatable last night an is really growing into a promising gk for us !! second half for us was more posession an we kept the ball better baldock going close an jackson shouldve added another but we hanwell again struggling in final third a few half chances but not really troubling wines!

ref was poor for both teams giving fouls for good tackles as if it was a non contact sport an it wasnt a dirty game just competetive on the night an i dont know what they put in the water in hanwell but they had some units playing ! highlight of the night was me doing a warm up an stacking it jus behind the lino he said 2 can you stop all that diving malarky" class lol ;)

Joe Paris has form for this from his Camberley days. Used to smile after a tackle and refs thought he was a youth player and gave him the benefit.

You are an idiot I can never remember Joe making a bad tackle and then smiling afterwards, have you got evidence to back this up or is it as I guess more of your BS,why would a Ref give the benefit to anyone wether he is a youth player or an experienced player a bad tackle is a bad tackle no matter who has done it,do you honestly know how our game works ?

bedfont sports 1 hanwell town 0

back to winning ways with a superb solo effort from jack beadle who cut in from the left an curled a shot to the keepers far right this was in the first 10 minutes an in patches we played ok we rested hodge, watts, ryan an s bamford with joe jackson coming back in after being away for the last game! hanwell had a lot of possesion but just had no real quality in the final third there were a few goal mouth scrambles an a couple of point blank range efforts but young wines in goal was unbeatable last night an is really growing into a promising gk for us !! second half for us was more posession an we kept the ball better baldock going close an jackson shouldve added another but we hanwell again struggling in final third a few half chances but not really troubling wines!

ref was poor for both teams giving fouls for good tackles as if it was a non contact sport an it wasnt a dirty game just competetive on the night an i dont know what they put in the water in hanwell but they had some units playing ! highlight of the night was me doing a warm up an stacking it jus behind the lino he said 2 can you stop all that diving malarky" class lol wink.png

I thought we were the better team overall and we had lots of good chances to score but we couldnt put the ball in the back of the net and thats what wins games at the end of the day. Very disappointed.

Goodluck to Bedfont Sports in the next round against Northwood.

I thought we were the better team overall and we had lots of good chances to score but we couldnt put the ball in the back of the net and thats what wins games at the end of the day. Very disappointed.

Goodluck to Bedfont Sports in the next round against Northwood.

agree you were the better team on the night but our keeper kept out the shots i can remember , the rest half chances a few scrambles i do think if youd scored you wouldve gone on to win the game but as they say thats football good luck for the rest of your season

agree you were the better team on the night but our keeper kept out the shots i can remember , the rest half chances a few scrambles i do think if youd scored you wouldve gone on to win the game but as they say thats football good luck for the rest of your season

Agree there is no point having lots of chances if you dont take any of them.

How tall is you keeper ?

Some times i wish we would just play a little more direct.

Agree there is no point having lots of chances if you dont take any of them.

How tall is you keeper ?

Some times i wish we would just play a little more direct.

i think he is about 6ft 4/5. big lad and only just turned 18. done well since coming in, no criticism from myself. Got confidence in him and that makes it easier for any centre half.