Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Smudge, rules are different for the Vase compared to the League as well you know. League and the FA can only act within their own rules. Perhaps other clubs should also have their home games moved then?

Other Clubs do not have a problem with their Pitch,and if a few do,they will have plenty of Midweek days to catch up.Guernsey for a National Stadium is a disgrace.To much secrecy involved,I suggested weeks ago that Guernsey could hire machinery,that could help their plight.But no the powers that be,decided it was best to let nature take it's course.Smaller CCL Clubs do not have rich benefactors,Councils behind them like Guernsey,if they did they would not be in your plight.You have only played 3 League Games and 1 League Cup game in nearly 3 months since this thread was started.Play your home games away,or at least compensate CCL Players for playing Midweek Matches on the Island, in March/April,that is the only way your Season will be completed on time.

I thought Chessington was also regularly waterlogged?

I agree that Guernsey need to play mid-week and also an oppurtunity was lost on Boxing Day, yes it would have been off, but it was a chance lost. I know why Horley did not want to travel (and can't blame them), but this needs clarifying in future. Has to be the same for all clubs.

I agree the situation is awful at Footes Lane, thankfully it now appears something is being done. Has this happened a bit late? Yes in my mind. Unforunately GFC are not fortunate enough to own their own ground so it is down to C&L to sort it. I have made my feelings known to the Minister and also the rest of the Board.

I do not think GFC should compensate players, all clubs knew that in extreme circumstances midweek games on island were a possibility. Why does it always come down to money with you? GFC are fortunate to have a great sponsor, but I very much doubt the club is rolling in it. E&E have already said on here that they know they are almost certain to have to travel midweek and to their credit they accept it and will get on with it.

At the end the day the situation is likely to cost GFC far more than anyone else, I don't see them complaining. It is quite possible that the situation could end up costing the club a chance of promotion.

Edited by HKP

Under rule 8.17 the League have the power to order any Club whose ground they deem unsuitable to play its home matches at an alternative suitable ground - which can include the home ground of the away team. The fact that the CCL haven't yet implemented this rule suggests they are giving GFC maximum opportunity to sort the pitch problems out without denying them the chance to recoup some of their costs by playing in front of their large home crowds. They may yet still implement it - I suggest it wouldn't be such a problem and wouldn't be costly for Chessington to be told their home matches had to be played elsewhere. Exact ruling:

8.17 The Board may change any Competition fixtures during the season to suit the overall interests of the Competition and shall have the power to decide whether a ground is suitable for Competition matches and to order a Club whose ground is deemed unsuitable to play its home matches at alternative suitable ground.

Smudge, you are saying that the league has to be fair about it's redistribution of fixtures with no favouritism, then you say that Guernsey should have their fixtures switched but not Chessington & Hook. Please make your mind up!

On the subject of the moving of fixtures it would be nice to know what the League is thinking here. I appreciate that they may not have made a final decision yet, but they must have had a meeting where they considered all options and put together a worst case fixture scenario i.e. Guernsey reach the Vase final and don't play a home game until mid-March or late-March even. The same applies to Chessington and any others with a block of home games left as a result of weather issues.

Whatever. I suppose we'll all find out soon enough, it would just be nice to know the League's thinking.

The good news is that worked commenced on Footes Lane today. The equipment brought over (along with someone from the UK) blows air into the ground at 1 metre intervals. It is hoped that this will get rid of the water and the clay. Apparently it has already showed signs of improvement....

2ut5lzo.png

Footes Lane - Live.

http://www.nest.gg/webcams/webcam.html

Edited by HKP

Under rule 8.17 the League have the power to order any Club whose ground they deem unsuitable to play its home matches at an alternative suitable ground - which can include the home ground of the away team. The fact that the CCL haven't yet implemented this rule suggests they are giving GFC maximum opportunity to sort the pitch problems out without denying them the chance to recoup some of their costs by playing in front of their large home crowds. They may yet still implement it - I suggest it wouldn't be such a problem and wouldn't be costly for Chessington to be told their home matches had to be played elsewhere. Exact ruling:

8.17 The Board may change any Competition fixtures during the season to suit the overall interests of the Competition and shall have the power to decide whether a ground is suitable for Competition matches and to order a Club whose ground is deemed unsuitable to play its home matches at alternative suitable ground.

Have no problem with this as long as other teams are treated the same if their circumstances warranted it. Interested if its been applied before.

The good news is that worked commenced on Footes Lane today. The equipment brought over (along with someone from the UK) blows air into the ground at 1 metre intervals. It is hoped that this will get rid of the water and the clay. Apparently it has already showed signs of improvement....

2ut5lzo.png

Footes Lane - Live.

Please don't think I'm being 'nosey', HKP, but I'm sure we'd all like to have some idea of cost !

Edited by Big J R

Devils advocate time. Which teams are considered to be involved in the Promotion chase and the Relegation battle:

Promotion - definitely: Epsom & Ewell, Egham Town, South Park, Guernsey

- maybe: Badshot Lea, Cove & Windsor (can't be promoted)

- unlikely: Molesey, Hanworth Villa, Horley Town (can't be promoted)

Relegation - definitely: Hartley Wintney, Sandhurst Town, Dorking, Colliers Wood United, Ash United

- maybe: Chessington & Hook, Camberley Town

- unlikely: Wembley, Farnham Town,

So that would leave the following teams as de-prioritised right now:

Croydon, Raynes Park Vale, Bedfont Sports

And as the weeks go on, the teams from the Unlikely categories will fall into this zone as well. So there are realistically 14 teams whose games will affect things at either end right now. That's still a lot of games!

Please don't think I'm being 'nosey', HKP, but I'm sure we'd all like to have some idea of cost !

We would all like to know! Sorry but have no idea, but the cost will be down to the Guernsey tax-payer. :)

Edited by HKP

We would all like to know! Sorry but have no idea, but the cost will be down to the Guernsey tax-payer. :)

Nice to hear your tax-payers have to shell out loads as well as us on the main-land.

Have you spelt that last four lettered word correctly, HKP ?

:ph34r:

I think so... Yes just double checked, think its Jersey that is full of the other word. :)

2ut5lzo.png

Footes Lane - Live.

I could of done the job at Half the price,full of hot air me.Dont pay them till you have hosepipe tested it.Who are the Agronomists?Hopefuly not Bodgit and Scarper.Could not see any Fencing in the Picture,when is this due to start?

Smudge, you are saying that the league has to be fair about it's redistribution of fixtures with no favouritism, then you say that Guernsey should have their fixtures switched but not Chessington & Hook. Please make your mind up!

On the subject of the moving of fixtures it would be nice to know what the League is thinking here. I appreciate that they may not have made a final decision yet, but they must have had a meeting where they considered all options and put together a worst case fixture scenario i.e. Guernsey reach the Vase final and don't play a home game until mid-March or late-March even. The same applies to Chessington and any others with a block of home games left as a result of weather issues.

Whatever. I suppose we'll all find out soon enough, it would just be nice to know the League's thinking.

Fred,Chessington and Hook have played 24 games this season,as many as most,so why should their fixtures be Switched.Had less games postponed at Home than Guernsey.

I thought Chessington was also regularly waterlogged?

I agree that Guernsey need to play mid-week and also an oppurtunity was lost on Boxing Day, yes it would have been off, but it was a chance lost. I know why Horley did not want to travel (and can't blame them), but this needs clarifying in future. Has to be the same for all clubs.

I agree the situation is awful at Footes Lane, thankfully it now appears something is being done. Has this happened a bit late? Yes in my mind. Unforunately GFC are not fortunate enough to own their own ground so it is down to C&L to sort it. I have made my feelings known to the Minister and also the rest of the Board.

I do not think GFC should compensate players, all clubs knew that in extreme circumstances midweek games on island were a possibility. Why does it always come down to money with you? GFC are fortunate to have a great sponsor, but I very much doubt the club is rolling in it. E&E have already said on here that they know they are almost certain to have to travel midweek and to their credit they accept it and will get on with it.

At the end the day the situation is likely to cost GFC far more than anyone else, I don't see them complaining. It is quite possible that the situation could end up costing the club a chance of promotion.

Im not sure where you got the bit about Epsom have accepted it,The club have recently asked the league to change there fixture with Guernsey because of the difficulty in getting people to travel for the game

I thought I had read on here from E&E that they fully expected to play in Guernsey on a Tuesday...