Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Fred,Chessington and Hook have played 24 games this season,as many as most,so why should their fixtures be Switched.Had less games postponed at Home than Guernsey.

Lots of games lost to the pitch, but also a number for the Vase as well...

We do fully expect to travel. The League won't move that decision and nor should they be expected to. The cold hard facts make it quite clear that there is no alternative and we will have to make a trip to the island possibly missing one or two of our players at some point soon, be it Friday 1st March or midweek in April.

This matter was discussed at Committee and it was quite clear that the club weren't happy with it. However, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE was able to come up with a better solution and in fact the club actually voted to action the writing of a letter to the league trying to move the Windsor game that was rescheduled for the Tuesday before, as both us and Windsor were up on fixtures and it left us little time to prepare for the trip to Guernsey if we had to leave for the island on the Friday morning i.e. no training Thursday night and potential additional injuries from the Tuesday game which would leave us even shorter. It wasn't a traditional Tuesday / Saturday week for us. Arguably with further postponements across the board I can see that moving that fixture is no longer practical but we didn't know that at the time of the meeting.

The club DID NOT pass an action to write to the league regarding the Guernsey match and anyone who has done so has not only wasted the League's time as they are busy enough and would surely throw it out, but has directly gone against the vote taken at the last meeting, although nothing surprises me anymore about our club's off field strategy and performance. Also, Dessie is in danger of giving his identity away to people on the site with those comments as he seems too knowledgeable to be just a supporter these days.

I didn't say that the club were happy with it, just that we realised and accepted there was no better alternative. The sooner everyone realises that there is no magic wand to wave here, accept the inevitable and stops moaning about it the better. If we fail to go up by three or less points at the end of the season it won't be because of the trip to Guernsey.

Edited by E&E Fred

Excellent response Fred, I know you and the other clubs won't be happy but sadly there is no other realistic alternative. Hopefully the situation will not be repeated as C&L seem to be now actioning a plan of action. Work is continuing on the pitch today.

Edited by HKP

A very interesting web-site.

I might have found it MORE interesting if some ball-park, (if you'll excuse the expression), figures of cost were include.

I would think the test of the work (which is still on-going) would be to see how quickly the water now goes.

I thought you were all for gettig in these experts with these machines Smudge?

Mind you, looks like its working!

ztf9l2.png

Edited by HKP

HKP,I did mention months ago about GIVING NATURE A HAND.Maybe people in Guernsey should listen to me more carefully in future.The funny thing is no one ever takes any notice of me.

Since Guernsey first were elected into the CCL,I have been sending out messages on this very Forum

Turkeys voting for Christmas,warning Clubs that they would walk straight through this League in 2 Seasons,so save your Budget Money for 13/14.

Warned everyone about the calibre of Player they had,which has been proven,2 defeats in 51 games.

Crowds would drop due to GFCTV,they have.

Warned that due to logistics, as to where Guernsey is situated,that Midweek games would have to be played if any postponements,they will.

Even warned Guernsey to get eliminated from the League Cup as early as possible,as it would be a big loss leader,Financially.Think they heeded that one eventually.

Hope that the groundworks solve the pitch situation,that no one could of foreseen,or could they,that is a question maybe you should be asking your C&L officials.Who builds a Football pitch on a Claybase,NO ONE,but someone did.Heads should roll,for such shoddy Workmanship!!!!!!

Hope that the groundworks solve the pitch situation,that no one could of foreseen,or could they,that is a question maybe you should be asking your C&L officials.Who builds a Football pitch on a Claybase,NO ONE,but someone did.Heads should roll,for such shoddy Workmanship!!!!!!

Questions have been asked.

HKP,I did mention months ago about GIVING NATURE A HAND.Maybe people in Guernsey should listen to me more carefully in future.The funny thing is no one ever takes any notice of me.

Since Guernsey first were elected into the CCL,I have been sending out messages on this very Forum

Turkeys voting for Christmas,warning Clubs that they would walk straight through this League in 2 Seasons,so save your Budget Money for 13/14.

Warned everyone about the calibre of Player they had,which has been proven,2 defeats in 51 games.

Crowds would drop due to GFCTV,they have.

Warned that due to logistics, as to where Guernsey is situated,that Midweek games would have to be played if any postponements,they will.

Even warned Guernsey to get eliminated from the League Cup as early as possible,as it would be a big loss leader,Financially.Think they heeded that one eventually.

With a little luck we will soon be out of this League, with some posters on here the sooner the better. Shame really and those I have met and have been to Guernsey love having us in the CCL.

Edited by Jade

Jade,I am with you on that one,there are some odd posters on here.But it would be a little boring if we all loved one another,HAPPY VALENTINES DAY XXX

People in Guernsey do nothing but listen to your drivel and as you continually manage the world according to Smudge it is no wonder anyone takes any notice of you, with the exception of your little band of followerss.

Why would a warning be needed that GFC would walk straight through this League in 2 Seasons? Why is it like turkeys voting for christmas? You have been using the phrase for so long now as if GFC will be the death of clubs when in actual fact they have provided something different to the CCL and increased revenue for all clubs in the leagues, explain what harm GFC have done to any club in the CCL.

Why warn everyone about the calibre of Player we have? All games are 11 vs 11 and start at 0-0, so whats the warning for? GFC can lose just the same as other teams if they are not on their game.

You droan on about crowds dropping due to GFCTV and they have NOT. The CCL did not have crowds of this level before GFC arrived, whether that be at grounds or on tv. CCL did not have so much media coverage before GFC joined. Your greed just continues to grow, look at the CCL attendances before GFC joined the leagues they are nowhere near where they are now.

As already pointed out all clubs only have to attend Guernsey once a season even if that is midweek. All has been done to try to avoid this but it appears that the weather may make this impossible. GFC have to travel away 21 times for leagues games alone be that midweek or weekend so just stop harping on about the unfair position that other clubs find themselves in.

Guernsey didnt just surrender the League Cup to avoid a big loss. We had to dig deeper into the squad and were beaten by a better team but to suggest that we followed your idea is pathetic and is not fair on E&E and the players who represented GFC at that game. GFC would love to have continued in the cup so dont sit there thinking that anything you say is even thought about let alone heeded. Finance did not even come into it.

You know so little about our ground situation. Footes Lane was not built for football. It was built for atheletics and then the rugby guys got involved. The surface would still be fine for those sports as they are not bothered about mud and a flat surface.

If anyones head should roll it is yours, off of this forum. God knows why but you have your little band of supporters, but you need to understand that your continued 'life according to Smudge' rant is very waring on newcomers to this league and forum and although you take it as your task to stand up and fight for every club against GFC you actually do more harm, get peoples backs up and eventually turn them against the CCL.

Please give it a break, and as I must have asked hundreds of times, find something positive to rant about rather than your continued one mans mission into negativity

Edited by bomaya
see your pm

Guru,thanks for the Compliments,much appreciated.

Cannot believe that this is the same poster,that paid for a return airflight,hotel accomodation,then upon finding out that GFCTV would not be streamed live back to Guernsey,dug his heels in and boycotted the E&E Cup game.Seems you make a habit of throwing your toys out of your Pram.I did actually enquire about you last night,and had brought along an excellent programme from the said Game.Most Ormering people know me,your Management always find time to have a few words,have found them pleasant and welcoming.Some have even bought me a Beer,there is always the odd one out,you can carry that mantle.

Cheers Smudge, that's added another ten pages to the forum length :)

I am amused by GG's views about how one person's comments could get people's backs up and turn people against the CCL. If I were looking for a dictionary definiton of drivel I might just find that sentence in there.

Life according to smudge is not to everyone's tastes but for what it's worth, he's prepared to highlight issues that he feels strongly about. There are too many people that sit on their backsides and do nothing, then get the hump when they are criticised for doing just that. They hope to sweep their own inadequacies under the carpet but people like Smudge lift the carpet right up for everyone to see. These people should be named and shamed, I've certainly come across a few, some quite recently in fact.

So I for one have no problem with Smudge, even if I disagree with him on about 50% of his views!

GG you just need to take a step back and imagine what the situation would be if it were another club he was digging at. You'd probably stay quiet about it.

Jade, you're such a diva. "can't wait until we're out of this league". Sorry for the two years of inconvenience. Both you and GG should follow the example set by HKP on here and a ) lighten up a bit and b ) try to understand where the other poster is coming from, even if it happens to be about Guernsey. You are a bit paranoid. You have GG that boycotts games and Jade that simply "can't bear to be in this league with the common little people, dahling". Delusions of grandeur spring to mind.

Like it or not, at some point, you will reach your level and you'll be stuck there. It might not be as high as you think as even previous Vase winners could tell you. A bit of humility would help your case in the meantime. It's not all about you.

Oh, my mistake, this forum is, all about you, Sorry!

Edited by E&E Fred