Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Cheers Smudge, that's added another ten pages to the forum length :)

I am amused by GG's views about how one person's comments could get people's backs up and turn people against the CCL. If I were looking for a dictionary definiton of drivel I might just find that sentence in there.

Life according to smudge is not to everyone's tastes but for what it's worth, he's prepared to highlight issues that he feels strongly about. There are too many people that sit on their backsides and do nothing, then get the hump when they are criticised for doing just that. They hope to sweep their own inadequacies under the carpet but people like Smudge lift the carpet right up for everyone to see. These people should be named and shamed, I've certainly come across a few, some quite recently in fact.

So I for one have no problem with Smudge, even if I disagree with him on about 50% of his views!

GG you just need to take a step back and imagine what the situation would be if it were another club he was digging at. You'd probably stay quiet about it.

Jade, you're such a diva. "can't wait until we're out of this league". Sorry for the two years of inconvenience. Both you and GG should follow the example set by HKP on here and a ) lighten up a bit and b ) try to understand where the other poster is coming from, even if it happens to be about Guernsey. You are a bit paranoid. You have GG that boycotts games and Jade that simply "can't bear to be in this league with the common little people, dahling". Delusions of grandeur spring to mind.

Like it or not, at some point, you will reach your level and you'll be stuck there. It might not be as high as you think as even previous Vase winners could tell you. A bit of humility would help your case in the meantime. It's not all about you.

Oh, my mistake, this forum is, all about you, Sorry!

Only 50% ? ;)

As an outsider who has kept an eye on guernseys progress the last 2 seasons I don't think anyone can blame them if they were paranoid.

Since the start,certain posters have tried constantly to stick the knife into them,no doubt through jealousy,it's human nature after all to be jealous about something bigger,possibly better than yourself.

I and other non league fans look forward to Guernseys rise through the football pyramid and if one day it's at the expense my club then so be it.

No doubt I will be greeted with the usual retorts of double glazing etc (my club went bust 10 years ago for those not in the know,we are over it now though,thanks)as an outsider to this forum but its my two pennies worth anyhow

As an outsider who has kept an eye on guernseys progress the last 2 seasons I don't think anyone can blame them if they were paranoid.

Since the start,certain posters have tried constantly to stick the knife into them,no doubt through jealousy,it's human nature after all to be jealous about something bigger,possibly better than yourself.

I and other non league fans look forward to Guernseys rise through the football pyramid and if one day it's at the expense my club then so be it.

No doubt I will be greeted with the usual retorts of double glazing etc (my club went bust 10 years ago for those not in the know,we are over it now though,thanks)as an outsider to this forum but its my two pennies worth anyhow

I think you have hit the nail there mate but the problem is they shouldnt rise to them and as ever there are always 2 sides to everything. I cant wait to go to Guernsey when my lot are over there and secretly, but dont tell them, I want them to stay down so I get another trip next year :)

In saying that though I do have a bet with a fellow poster and CTFC fan that they will :)

I think you have hit the nail there mate but the problem is they shouldnt rise to them and as ever there are always 2 sides to everything. I cant wait to go to Guernsey when my lot are over there and secretly, but dont tell them, I want them to stay down so I get another trip next year :)

In saying that though I do have a bet with a fellow poster and CTFC fan that they will :)

Quite so, young Kroons.

I did advise one or two of them that they were opening themselves up to critisicm by biting too hard.

I honestly wish them well, but think their location makes advancement hard given that they will have to treat their 'away' games in higher leagues with more care.

Edited by Big J R

And as all clubs know finding your level is never easy if you are trying to rise through the leagues. In most cases you have to be consistently strong and be able to compete for promotion back-to-back seasons. Just because you may be good enough to settle at a level 1 or 2 steps higher does not mean you will earn the promotions required. All sorts of things can get in the way - a better rival team, the weather, travel to name but 3.

A very good point, Gsy, as for years Histon were playing at Conference Premier level and yet the population of Histon (and nearby Impington, where their ground is) is only about 6,500! Way, way above their level,

On the flip-side, Gloucester could easily host a Football League side (110,000 people here in the largest UK city never to have been home to a Football League team). However, the problems here are a) apathy and B) that team up the road at Kingsholm dominating sport in the city. Also, after the council shafted the new stadium, cash is now an issue and we could be moving back to the Southern League next season.

On population alone, Worcester City and Redditch United could easily play at Conference Premier/League 2 and places like Malvern, Bilston and Willenhall could easily host Step 3 crowds as most of those places have populations of over 40,000 each.

The trouble is that some sides (including a few mentioned above) have neither the money or determination to grow and develop. They like to be the big or biggish fish in a small pond, and then wonder why their gates are only about 15-20 for each home game.

You droan on about crowds dropping due to GFCTV and they have NOT. The CCL did not have crowds of this level before GFC arrived, whether that be at grounds or on tv. CCL did not have so much media coverage before GFC joined. Your greed just continues to grow, look at the CCL attendances before GFC joined the leagues they are nowhere near where they are now.

Let's see how much Guernsey have improved attendances. Here are this season's figures compared to last season. The figures are lowest / highest / average / change on last season. The zeros are where no attendance has been reported - they aren't counted when it comes to working out the average. To say the CCL hasn't had these sort of attendances is rubbish. When AFC Wimbledon were in the league they were way above what they are now. That's not a criticism of Guernsey - no one expects them to bring 500 to every game, but it's a fact that their presence has hardly any bearing on attendances apart from their own home games.

CCLaverage_zpse41e7fed.png

Edited by VPCTFC

Guernsey have played the following away in the league - yes if it was their highest attendance of the season so far, no if it wasn't.

Camberley - no

Cove - yes

Dorking - yes

Ash - yes

Sandhurst - yes

Chessington - no

Wembley - yes

Horley - yes

Hartley Wintney - yes

Molesey - no

Croydon - no

The figures I've used have been taken from the official CCL bulletins. I see the Guernsey website has a couple that are slightly different.

It's clear Guernsey bring more away supporters than many clubs in the CCL but not all.

Edited by VPCTFC

Cheers Smudge, that's added another ten pages to the forum length :)

I am amused by GG's views about how one person's comments could get people's backs up and turn people against the CCL. If I were looking for a dictionary definiton of drivel I might just find that sentence in there.

Life according to smudge is not to everyone's tastes but for what it's worth, he's prepared to highlight issues that he feels strongly about. There are too many people that sit on their backsides and do nothing, then get the hump when they are criticised for doing just that. They hope to sweep their own inadequacies under the carpet but people like Smudge lift the carpet right up for everyone to see. These people should be named and shamed, I've certainly come across a few, some quite recently in fact.

So I for one have no problem with Smudge, even if I disagree with him on about 50% of his views!

GG you just need to take a step back and imagine what the situation would be if it were another club he was digging at. You'd probably stay quiet about it.

Jade, you're such a diva. "can't wait until we're out of this league". Sorry for the two years of inconvenience. Both you and GG should follow the example set by HKP on here and a ) lighten up a bit and b ) try to understand where the other poster is coming from, even if it happens to be about Guernsey. You are a bit paranoid. You have GG that boycotts games and Jade that simply "can't bear to be in this league with the common little people, dahling". Delusions of grandeur spring to mind.

Like it or not, at some point, you will reach your level and you'll be stuck there. It might not be as high as you think as even previous Vase winners could tell you. A bit of humility would help your case in the meantime. It's not all about you.

Oh, my mistake, this forum is, all about you, Sorry!

Excellent response.

It's posters like the two you mentioned and one that is no longer here that are the reason i rarely come on here anymore. Cringeworthy at best.

Not a bad feat though considering the travelling they have to do to get to away games.

To be fair a large percentage of GFC fans at away games will be based on the mainland.

Guernsey have played the following away in the league - yes if it was their highest attendance of the season so far, no if it wasn't.

Camberley - no

Cove - yes

Dorking - yes

Ash - yes

Sandhurst - yes

Chessington - no

Wembley - yes

Horley - yes

Hartley Wintney - yes

Molesey - no

Croydon - no

The figures I've used have been taken from the official CCL bulletins. I see the Guernsey website has a couple that are slightly different.

It's clear Guernsey bring more away supporters than many clubs in the CCL but not all.

Thanks for taking the time to do that. Found it quite interesting.

our first team coach is in guernsey today and has been to see the pitch and spoken to a few people and they reckon pitch wont be ready for another 4 weeks??!!

Local media have reported that the pitch should be playable "within a few days"

Local media have reported that the pitch should be playable "within a few days"

So it's, 'Wait And See' time !

our first team coach is in guernsey today and has been to see the pitch and spoken to a few people and they reckon pitch wont be ready for another 4 weeks??!!

Well that looks a load of rubbish to me, looks like white lines are currently being painted on Footes Lane for the egg-chasers.

2qbfw41.png