Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Are charter flights not a possibility?

A 5.30pm flight would allow time to get to the ground and warm up for an 8pm kick off.

Return on an 11.30pm flight?

Undoubtedly expensive, it may fall down on night flight restrictions but worth considering?

Guernsey airport closes immediately after the arrival of the last last flight in which is before 9pm.

The runway is being extended and upgraded with the work done overnight, until it reopens at 6.30am so any charter flight as last as you suggest can't and won't happen

Guildford city went out with a half strength sqaud and nearly won!!!! I really can't believe u lot are booooing again like previously mentioned we all voted them in its amazing they are here!!!! Who wouldn't want to play in front of 1000+ fans and who would pay for ur travel and accommodation as well no one at this level so enjoy it as they surely won't be round for long!! Onhestly it's getting embarrassing listening to all the boooers

Do Guernsey have different Sunday Trading Laws to us,do Pubs open late.Who would volunteer for the Sunday game,not the many Churchgoers amongst us surely.

All the Laws in Guernsey are different to the UK as we are not part of the UK we set our own laws. There are Sunday trading laws, pubs are open though.

Edited by HKP

we had the biggest crowd so far 2496 last season one word as a skipper leading his team out IMMENSE im certainly glad they are here an chose the coco on there onward journey, the people moaning are not players so lets just see what the league oppose on there re-arranging off games!! wheres whitelaw when you need him
;)

i do hope they dont win the league i get a third journey over there
;)

Well if Guernsey do not win the league then that is enough notice for next year. As for this season I still disagree that players at this level should commit to playing over there midweek and losing out on pay and annual leave regardless of how many days leave they gave. I think it is totally out of order that people should suggest other wise.

Ok, let's look at South Park last year. They all had to take a day off to get to Whitley Bay for their Vase game. I doubt that any of them failed to get the time off for what was likely to be a very rare trip. Guernsey is the same and as I said before, if you don't want to go, just let your Manager know in good time so he can pick a committed replacement who can spare one day out of his busy holiday allocation to play the game that he loves in front of 1000+.

It will be interesting to see what the League vote would be if say, Jersey put a team in for next season and applied in the same way......

Mayor of Simpleton. An earlier start to the season?????? Is that actually possible? We started this year on the 4th August and that meant that many clubs were starting to train in late June. This midwinter break theory might work in the Premier League with their undersoil heating, but it would be typical that the first day we had a break, say two weeks in January, it will turn out that we get lovely weather, only for the bad weather to return once the break is over. It is impossible to do much more with the dates of the season unless you decided to play in the summer, but that's a horrible scenario I don't think many people want to see.

The only other scenario is to reduce the size of the divisions to 20, but that would need to start at Step One or maybe higher and filter down. This won't be happening in the next ten years if ever.

Of course, some clubs are having a midwinter break already. Chessington's is from October to March :)

Edited by E&E Fred

Did Whitley Bay offer any compensation to South Park? Everyone wants GFC to be treated the same, unless its about £££ it seems.

FFS people, Guernsey are where they are through right. I for one am gutted I wont be making the trip over this weekend, weather permitting. Moaning and whinging won't change anything so STFU and enjoy your football instead of finding irrelevances to moan about. Meanwhile, tomorrow the temperature here will be a cool 39 degrees centigrade B)

Did Whitley Bay offer any compensation to South Park? Everyone wants GFC to be treated the same, unless its about £££ it seems.

Yes last year I did take annual leave to go to Whitley bay and I would do it again to guernsey it's one day for a great oppitunity.

No Whitley bay didn't offer compensation and didn't expect them to we got travel there and back and two nights in a Marriott hotel all payed for by them same situation as GFC so if a player is not willing to do that for one day then just take someone else who will.

Why not? Is it not better to be on a plane for 45 minutes then a coach for 5+ hours?

My opinion!

great attitude you have obvs not a big football fan and don't have the heart and desire to play in every game you can to help out or team mates and club

Edited by BlueAndWhiteArmy

great attitude you have obvs not a big football fan and don't have the heart and desire to play in every game you can to help out or team mates and club

Great attitude!!!! Are you having a laugh. This is step 5 not pro football. Absolute joke some of you are on here (not all). I agree bobuk, they should go to france, I didnt want them in the league and I never got a say or choice so this is me voicing my opinion and if you dont like it then get off the forum.

Thank you