Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Guernsey coming into the league was like a breath of fresh air but that has worn off now and there just a hindrance with all the travelling bo##ox I mean its hard enough getting to Croydon let alone Guernsey, alot of players I've spoke to said there knackard by the time kick off arrives but it was a good experiance, now for that experiance would players want to lose money or holiday for 1 football match which in likely they will lose because there tired against a side who are no better than ryman 1 or evo stick 1, there not exactly superstars, everybody has gone over the top with guernsey they should now just quit as they cannot comply with there fixtures at step 5

I've been to 5. At about £200 average it's as many as I can afford. Why?

Maisie,I have only missed 1 Guernsey game this year,due to those scoundrels at Camberley FC.Which Guernsey lost!!!!!

Suggest you prescribe to GFCTV,only cost me £60 SO FAR,

All you Guernsey fans sing from the same hymn sheet. Guernsey fans would not know what's its really like for a step 5/6 team. Been spoilt all along and now your not as popular as you first thought. Don't like a bit of criticism at all. They all live in this Guernsey bubble that will soon burst

All you Guernsey fans sing from the same hymn sheet. Guernsey fans would not know what's its really like for a step 5/6 team. Been spoilt all along and now your not as popular as you first thought. Don't like a bit of criticism at all. They all live in this Guernsey bubble that will soon burst

Spot on Door

Guernsey will be out of the football pyramid within 2 years not including this season, they will quit mark my words

Stick to your own league and them games between Jersey who I'm told is the main island down there. Jersey must be laughing at Guernsey

This is not about me! Not important who I am with. Just a humble man trying to enjoy my football and earn a living.

Another secreative poster then. Hiding behind a closed door

Edited by BlueAndWhiteArmy

Any of those midweek games??

As it happens, no. Not that this was ever about supporters though. We have a large number of enthusiastic uk based fans who do get to midweek games.

knob, why are you trolling?? My comment in this thread was merely questioning why anyone who disagrees with you should leave the forum.

Maisie, just rise above it. There are people on this forum who think that change is a dirty word.

I have no issue with Guernsey, as a complete neutral, and they have been a good advert for non league. They were voted in democratically, so those people who object to them being part of the Combined Counties need to vent their anger at the officials who made the decision.

I cannot see Guernsey folding any time soon - there is too much riding on them being successful. Steve Dewnship, Mark Le Tissier and Matt Le Tissier would look very foolish if Guernsey, all of a sudden, could no longer guarantee to play fixtures when requested to by the Combined Counties committee. I am pretty sure that the business and corporate plan of Guernsey FC is rock solid (Dewnship works for the Rothschild Bank, so he's far from a financially dumb person) and that they will be around longer than a lot of clubs at Step 5 who live a hand-to-mouth existence and are fearful of going under.

It's slightly similar to the attitude towards Football Finder, in that people cannot get their heads around it and so get very precious and automatically slag it off. I have heard that a few of the people running Football Finder have been told that 'there will be trouble' if they ever dared apply for membership of the Combined Counties league. All very kind and loving from certain members of the non-league family.

Carry on Guernsey!