Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Surrey Senior Cup this week

bomaya

• 4 weeks later...

Surrey FA Senior Cup 3rd Round

Molesey v Colliers Wood United (Now Possibly Thursday 16th January?))

Metropolitan Police 3-0 Egham Town

Corinthian-Casuals 0-0 Sutton United (AET - Sutton won 4-3 on pens)

Carshalton Athletic 2-4 Chipstead

AFC Wimbledon 4-1 Horley Town

Lingfield v Leatherhead (22nd January)

Farnham Town v Woking (16th January at Woking FC)

Dorking Wanderers v Godalming Town (16th January)

Molesey v Colliers Wood will NOT be played this Thursday 16th Jan.

The next available date looks like Tuesday 29th Jan (we play Guernsey on Wed 23rd Jan) but both sides have league matches on this date!

We have no league game on Sat 26th Jan as our game v Horley is postponed (MORE ON THIS SOON I HOPE).

Molesey face Ash Unitedon this date.

Another possibility could be Thursday 31st Jan????

Let you know when we know!

Edited by Chris Clapham

It's getting tougher by the day Chris.

Just heard from Meadowbank: Pitch absolutely frozen solid, so I can't see our Under 18's match getting started this evening.

Edited by Big J R

It's getting tougher by the day Chris.

Just heard from Meadowbank: Pitch absolutely frozen solid, so I can't see our Under 18's match getting started this evening.

Absolutely. I think we are resigned to playing two midweek matches for some part of this season.

It would be helpful if the Surrey FA could delay the quarter finals of the Senior Cup by a few weeks although I doubt that will happen as there will only be a maximum of 2 CCL clubs involved.

On a more positive note, we are a little more optimistic about returning to Wibbandune next season and hope to reform our SYL side following an approach from a local under 16 club to come under our wing. We should retain a few of this season's squad as well.

The FA and the Surrey FA have met with us (I cannot comment further yet) and the FA agronomist is at Wibbandune as I speak!

We have also made a new signing (more soon).

SSC Quarter Final Draw

Sutton United v Molesey or Colliers Wood United

Dorking Wanderers or Godalming Town v Farnham Town or Woking

Metropolitan Police v Lingfield or Leatherhead

Chipstead v AFC Wimbledon

Matches to be played week commencing Monday 18th February 2013.

Edited by Chris Clapham

i watched a very under strength lammas beat dorking wanderers in a cup final last year although some decent players they played long ball most of the game to try an hit there tall striker who i thought had a poor game cant see what all the fuss is about them at all godalming will brush them aside or should do imo ;)

If godalming are full strength they will beat Dorking 4 or 5 nil. I did think they half decent tho but as Newby says we were well under strength and still beat them.

Interesting reading in todays local paper !

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/Dorking-Wanderers-strikers-warned-shape-ship/story-17881537-detail/story.html

Anyone fancy laying some odds ??

Well the question of if we will go full strength or not, does not come into the equation, we have 17 players in our squad, all who are good enough to start for us and have been with us since the start of the season, so we will go to Dorking Wanderers with a strong 15 as 2 are unavailable due to suspension and another with a conference in Harrogate.

Looking forward to it, however again with the forecast, I will be surprised if any football is played at all next midweek... Fingers crossed the snow that is due tomorrow will thaw quick!!