Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues v Dover Saturday

Ryan.c

Why? Did he score a hat trick or something?

A striker doesn't have to score a hatrick or even score at all - it's all about effort and commitment at this Club. I presume that is why the Gaffer chooses who he does. Mind you a goal and part assist in two brief substitute appearances, might cause him to think, particularly as we are playing on heavy pitches at the moment.

DISCLAIMER: These comments are in no way meant as criticism against any player at the Club; any member of the Management Team or any member of this Forum. Lets please cut out the backbiting

A striker doesn't have to score a hatrick or even score at all - it's all about effort and commitment at this Club. I presume that is why the Gaffer chooses who he does. Mind you a goal and part assist in two brief substitute appearances, might cause him to think, particularly as we are playing on heavy pitches at the moment.

DISCLAIMER: These comments are in no way meant as criticism against any player at the Club; any member of the Management Team or any member of this Forum. Lets please cut out the backbiting

Again couldn't agree more with this comment, when Benjamin came on Saturday in the short time he was on I thought he should more intent than Charlie and Jay did throughout the whole time they were on, and for this I think he is definatley worth a start next game.

Interesting arguments. My tuppence is that when you play two up front you need your strike partnership to be just that.

Last season when we had Jay and Dave Knight together it worked. This season when we played Charlie and Alex Osborn together it worked.

I don't think Jay and Charlie is working particularly well and I don't think Charlie and Brazilian Alex worked particularly well against Welling. I think Charlie is a quality player so for that reason I would start with Charlie and Joe on Saturday and see how we get on. If it doesn't work then we take one of them off and try something else.

COYB

Interesting arguments. My tuppence is that when you play two up front you need your strike partnership to be just that.

Last season when we had Jay and Dave Knight together it worked. This season when we played Charlie and Alex Osborn together it worked.

I don't think Jay and Charlie is working particularly well and I don't think Charlie and Brazilian Alex worked particularly well against Welling. I think Charlie is a quality player so for that reason I would start with Charlie and Joe on Saturday and see how we get on. If it doesn't work then we take one of them off and try something else.

COYB

I recollect that Charlie and Joe didn't work against Hornchurch. Maybe Joe and an obscure forward ?

All this talk about who should start up front, when we've shipped 14 goals in the last 4 games.

Not that we are going too far wrong, but I would suggest that its the defence that may need tinkering.

One things for sure though, in all the years (about 20) ive supported Billericay, this seasons squad is by far the strongest its ever been.

I've been saying the same as extaffy for the last few games now. Is play lechmere behind Taylor, he has the legs to do the running like osborn did for Taylor, an give nathan a chance to gain back his confidence, remember him up until staines, Nathan also gives us more present going forward and backwards in terms of height.

Anyway see you lot Saturday when we all unite as OUR blue army again!!!

Ps can we please all stand a bit tighter in the stands behind the goals it's freeeeezing!!!