Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enough is Enough

Its weird coming on here reading this! Now being involved in a club that is a mirror image and having half my heart in each camp. Shortwood too have a restricted budget, have a made a massive step up and are struggling to achieve a consistancy in results!

I know from talking to my opposite numbers that a lot of clubs in our division can pay players far more than we can - which obviously makes a massive difference, and I also know that in the vast majority of sides a player will pick up money if he is a sub or a sub not used.. whether that is true in Town's case I obviously don't know...

the point is I would be happy if both Shortwood and Town finish in a comfortable mid table position.

It is easy for people to say get better players - fine, paying for them is the problem!

I have discussions with Wood's manager everyweek about tactics, and players in certain positions - and we doon always agree! I suspect if you asked a section of fans to pick a side there would be big variations in tactics and players picked...

From a distance, which is all I can do these days, I would be pleased with Town's position at the moment...

Do we need to concede less goals - obviously!

Getting - so called better players though is a problem unless someone wants to subsidise them...

Last point, and off the subject can who ever it is on the website stop calling us Enfield! They don't exist anymore..

Towner and proud of it!

and Steph has just answered my point about subs getting the money...

Also having a much smaller fan base we have 1 supporter who is very fond of making his opinion known and complaining about everything...

He too liked the freedom of speech - but wasn't so happy when a couple of the players had their freedom of speech as well...

I for one am happy that the website reports say Enfield, everyone knows the history of whats gone on and its silly that some just want to be known as Town, Towners, Townie or whatever the case maybe. We are ENFIELD TOWN, Enfield has just as much part in the club name as the word Town. I have heard supporters only chanting Towners, c'mon the town etc, hardly ever hear them chant Enfield. If you wanted the club to be known simply as The Town why did you want to include Enfield in it in the first place??

Jim this isn't a pop at your comments my friend so please don't get offended by my post, this is just a personal view of mine that has baffled me over the years that many supporters don't want us being referred to as Enfield....its in our bloody club name FF$!!

I have noticed that a lot of opposition fans refer to us as 'Enfield' on their forums, which I personally take as a compliment and an acknowledgment that we are now the senior club in the town.

My take on it is this; referring to us as 'Enfield' or 'Town' is fine. Our nickname, however, is The Towners NOT The Es!

I just put 'Enfield' when captioning photos because 'Enfield Town' takes too long to type. The exception, obviously, is if we're playing 1893.

I suppose I could use 'Town' when we're not playing another Town but I don't.

I have more of an problem with Enfield 1893, whose website doesn't appear to contain the figures '1893' anywhere. I suspect there's actually a legal issue there.

Edited by Tom S

For my Ladies team reports I was told to use the full name first time and then Enfield afterwards in the same way as I was told the use players full name first time and Surname after.

I only have a problem when people start calling us E's as that is the name of a former and much missed club.