Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion/PPG

VPCTFC

The FA have published this season's list. Good luck to everyone!

Combined Counties League

Badshot Lea FC

Egham Town FC

Epsom & Ewell FC

Guernsey FC

Hanworth Villa FC

Molesey FC

South Park FC

Wembley FC

Eastern Counties League

Brantham Athletic FC

Dereham Town FC

Haverhill Rovers FC

Stanway Rovers FC

Wisbech Town FC

Essex Senior League

Barking FC

Barkingside FC

Burnham Ramblers FC

Enfield 1893 FC

Great Wakering Rovers FC

London Bari FC

Takeley FC

Hellenic League

Binfield FC

Cheltenham Saracens FC

Marlow FC

Slimbridge FC

Thame United FC

Wantage Town FC

Kent League

Erith & Belvedere FC

Erith Town FC

Tunbridge Wells FC

VCD Athletic FC

Whyteleafe FC

Midland Football Alliance

Boldmere St Michaels FC

Bridgnorth Town FC

Causeway United FC

Loughborough University FC

Stourport Swifts FC

Stratford Town FC

Westfields FC

North West Counties League

Barnoldswick Town FC

Bootle FC

Colne FC

Congleton Town FC

Glossop North End FC

Maine Road FC

Padiham FC

Runcorn Linnets FC

Runcorn Town FC

Winsford United FC

Northern Counties East League

Bridlington Town AFC

Brighouse Town AFC

Long Eaton United FC

Scarborough Athletic FC

Staveley Miners Welfare FC

Tadcaster Albion FC

Worksop Parramore FC

Northern League

Bishop Auckland FC

Celtic Nation FC

Darlington 1883 FC

Spennymoor Town FC

Spartan South Midlands League

AFC Dunstable

Aylesbury United FC

Dunstable Town FC

Haringey Borough FC

Oxhey Jets FC

Tring Athletic FC

Sussex County League

Horsham YMCA FC

Peacehaven & Telscombe FC

Redhill FC

United Counties League

Quorn FC

St Ives Town FC

Spalding United FC

Wessex League

Newport (IW) FC

Western League

Brislington FC

Hallen FC

http://http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/NationalLeagueSystem/NewsAndFeatures/2012/step-5-applications-promotion-step-4

Very interesting, VPCTFC, and thanks for posting.

A bit strange to see no Rocester in the Midland Alliance list, as they usually apply for promotion. Similarly strange that Bitton haven't applied despite being at the top of the Western League.

I cannot see Wantage Town being given permission to move up, as their ground currently fails the grading for Step 4.

With regard to promotion at the end of this season, in order for the Isthmian league Step 4 divisions to increase to 24 clubs each, there will be 14 clubs promoted. The clubs finishing in the top position in their current Step 5 league and be in possession of a Grade E by 31 March 2013 will be eligible for promotion. In the event of the first placed club not being eligible, the clubs finishing in second or third position can be considered subject the clubs being in possession of a Grade E by 31 March 2013 however this cannot be guaranteed.

If vacancies still exist, any additional clubs required will be selected from the following Step 5 leagues based on a points gained per game played basis: Combined Counties League, Eastern Counties League, Essex Senior League, Kent League, Spartan South Midlands League, Sussex County League and Wessex League. No more than two Clubs will be promoted from any one league.

The clubs to be promoted from Step 5 will be placed in a feeder pool and allocated to the most geographically appropriate division.

Free to apply - only cost is for a grading inspection if you require it. That's reasonable enough, isn't it? Hardly an earner as I imagine that money is used for expenses for those travelling to make the inspections. Only criticism would be the FA foisting inspections on teams when they aren't ready, well before the deadline.

To The Mayor Of Simpleton, you realise that people can actually build improvements to their ground if they don't have the required grading? They might not have Grade E now, but they might have on 31st March. Wantage looks fine to me anyway, from the few photos I can find of their ground, what are they missing?

As it stands currently going purely by PPG (points per game) Guernsey would go up and Egham would also be promoted (as they are third of the best runners-up from the 14 leagues but the second from the leagues that can have two go up)!

Amazingly, showing the quality of our league, Badshot Lea are currently fourth in the list and South Park are sixth.

Edited by bomaya

Free to apply - only cost is for a grading inspection if you require it. That's reasonable enough, isn't it? Hardly an earner as I imagine that money is used for expenses for those travelling to make the inspections. Only criticism would be the FA foisting inspections on teams when they aren't ready, well before the deadline.

To The Mayor Of Simpleton, you realise that people can actually build improvements to their ground if they don't have the required grading? They might not have Grade E now, but they might have on 31st March. Wantage looks fine to me anyway, from the few photos I can find of their ground, what are they missing?

I do, of course, realise this GS.

As far as I can recall with Wantage Town, they wanted to build a stand in order to comply with the ground grading. However local NIMBYs, worried about the view being spoilt, dug their heels in and the council refused permission.

Guernsey have submitted a Planning Application as regards the

Garenne Stand,Footes Lane,St. Peters Port.

Ref.No. FULL/2012/3626

Guernsey Culture and Leisure,Applicants.

Ordinary Application

Erection of Timber Fence,and New Gates to the Boundary of Playing Fields

Received Date 3/12/12

Valid Application received date 3/12/12

Start of Consultation date 7/12/12

End of Consultation date 28/12/12

Site visited 12/12/12.

Wish them well in their endeavours,seems as though things move at a faster pace in Guernsey,than anywhere in the U.K.Lets hope they do not have the U.K. nimby's,that blights the CCL.Clubs progression.

No residents in that area really, so unlikely to be any challenges. All the other users of Footes Lane back the plan.

• 1 month later...

OK, I had a bit of time. I thought I'd look at the applicants for promotion and I split it two ways.

Firstly I split the clubs based on current league positions. Two Leagues didn't have an applicant in the top two so the other twelve division leaders (11 plus Spalding who are second) would go up. I then looked at the potential other 6 spots that I feel is the minimum that will be available and on that basis, Epsom & Ewell would be moved up along with five other clubs.

More realistically, I then split the clubs based on points per game earned. This is assuming that all clubs keep going at the same rate, but there are always assumptions at this stage of the season!

Based on this, I promoted the twelve best records (Guernsey from our league with 2.44) and the other two potential champions (who were in southern based leagues) were also moved up with the first two of the six extra places. I then allocated the next four spots across the southern leagues with no more than two clubs gaining promotion. This way it was Egham that went up.

In summary, currently it looks good for the Combined Counties League to have two clubs promoted. Bear in mind that this summary takes no account of ground gradings, and of course more spaces could become available, should clubs fold or take voluntary demotion.

Based on League Position Based on Points Per Game Southern based Leagues - two per League could go up Currently getting one of the usual 12 spots Extra Spots - minimum of 6 in the 7 step 5 leagues in the South Currently getting one of the usual 12 spots Extra Spots - minimum of 6 in the 7 step 5 leagues in the South

Combined Counties League Pos Pld Pts GD PPG Badshot Lea FC 3 21 43 23 2.05 Egham Town FC 1 22 51 31 2.32 YES YES Epsom & Ewell FC 2 22 44 15 2.00 YES Guernsey FC 6 16 39 39 2.44 YES Hanworth Villa FC 12 19 31 19 1.63 Molesey FC 8 21 36 16 1.71 South Park FC 10 17 34 21 2.00 Wembley FC 15 22 25 -6 1.14 Eastern Counties League Brantham Athletic FC 3 21 44 22 2.10 YES YES Dereham Town FC 5 20 42 20 2.10 YES Haverhill Rovers FC 8 20 33 7 1.65 Stanway Rovers FC 10 20 31 8 1.55 Wisbech Town FC 6 19 38 26 2.00 Essex Senior League Barking FC 7 18 27 8 1.50 Barkingside FC 4 18 31 11 1.72 Burnham Ramblers FC 1 20 43 25 2.15 YES YES Enfield 1893 FC 6 19 30 4 1.58 Great Wakering Rovers FC 2 19 37 25 1.95 YES London Bari FC 8 18 26 3 1.44 Takeley FC 3 18 34 24 1.89 Kent League Erith & Belvedere FC 1 16 41 36 2.56 YES YES Erith Town FC 2 14 35 30 2.50 YES YES Tunbridge Wells FC 8 14 24 24 1.71 VCD Athletic FC 4 17 33 18 1.94 Whyteleafe FC 3 18 34 15 1.89 Spartan South Midlands League AFC Dunstable 5 23 45 26 1.96 Aylesbury United FC 3 23 50 32 2.17 Dunstable Town FC 1 23 59 57 2.57 YES YES Haringey Borough FC 12 20 31 12 1.55 Oxhey Jets FC 2 22 54 51 2.45 YES YES Tring Athletic FC 11 25 32 -1 1.28 Sussex County League Horsham YMCA FC 12 20 28 21 1.40 Peacehaven & Telscombe FC 1 20 47 39 2.35 YES YES Redhill FC 5 20 41 19 2.05 Wessex League Newport (IW) FC 5 17 38 17 2.24 YES Non-Southern based Leagues - only one per League go up Hellenic League Binfield FC 3 21 41 27 1.95 Cheltenham Saracens FC 9 20 34 1 1.70 Marlow FC 1 22 54 40 2.45 YES YES Slimbridge FC 2 21 43 19 2.05 Thame United FC 8 22 35 8 1.59 Wantage Town FC 5 16 37 16 2.31 Midland Football Alliance Boldmere St Michaels FC 10 21 31 7 1.48 Bridgnorth Town FC 5 20 36 11 1.80 Causeway United FC 18 21 19 -9 0.90 Loughborough University FC 3 21 41 28 1.95 Stourport Swifts FC 2 22 42 27 1.91 Stratford Town FC 1 24 58 36 2.42 YES YES Westfields FC 9 20 32 8 1.60 North West Counties League Barnoldswick Town FC 10 21 36 18 1.71 Bootle FC 5 18 41 16 2.28 YES Colne FC 4 24 44 30 1.83 Congleton Town FC 7 24 40 22 1.67 Glossop North End FC 11 22 34 6 1.55 Maine Road FC 1 25 53 22 2.12 YES Padiham FC 2 22 48 26 2.18 Runcorn Linnets FC 9 24 38 2 1.58 Runcorn Town FC 3 23 47 30 2.04 Winsford United FC 6 21 40 23 1.90 Northern Counties East League Bridlington Town AFC 2 26 57 48 2.19 Brighouse Town AFC 3 26 57 32 2.19 Long Eaton United FC 13 23 36 9 1.57 Scarborough Athletic FC 1 27 63 53 2.33 YES YES Staveley Miners Welfare FC 6 25 45 18 1.80 Tadcaster Albion FC 8 25 44 9 1.76 Worksop Parramore FC 5 26 47 16 1.81 Northern League Bishop Auckland FC 8 24 40 6 1.67 Celtic Nation FC 16 19 29 1 1.53 Darlington 1883 FC 1 27 67 54 2.48 YES Spennymoor Town FC 2 23 61 52 2.65 YES United Counties League Quorn FC 4 23 50 38 2.17 St Ives Town FC 3 22 51 48 2.32 YES Spalding United FC 2 23 51 48 2.22 YES Western League Brislington FC 1 20 44 22 2.20 YES YES Hallen FC 4 20 32 7 1.60

Trust me, this looked a lot better as a table, which was how I pasted it!

Edited by E&E Fred

• 3 weeks later...

OK, on the back of a fag packet I have worked out the current ppg for all 60 odd entrants and worked out the 16 promoted clubs cased on current ppg. Not form, not current league position, just ppg. Unfortunately based on that we'd only have one promoted club, Guernsey and Egham would just miss out. Epsom & Ewell's current form has pushed their ppg up to the point that they are the fifth closest club to grabbing an extra place (with Egham first). Here's my complete list:

Some interesting changes since I last did this list. From 2.83 before the highest ppg is now 2.65 (Spennymoor). Once again I base this list purely on ppg, not league position or current form. After all, everyone says the leagues positions are true at the end of the season and ppg is what guarantees position nothing else.

If a team is not currently top I put their position in [square brackets].

Spennymoor Town 2.65 (NORTH) [2nd]

Dunstable Town 2.57 (SSM)

Erith & Belvedere 2.56 (Kent)

Marlow 2.48 (HELL)

Oxhey Jets (SSM 2nd team) [2nd]

Guernsey 2.44 (CCL) [6th]

Stratford Town 2.42 (MFA)

Spalding Utd 2.38 (UCL) [2nd]

Peacehaven & Telscombe 2.38 (Sussex)

Erith Town 2.38 (Kent League 2nd team)

Scarborough 2.29 (NCEL)

Bootle 2.24 (NWC) [4th]

Burnham Ramblers 2.19 (ESSEX)

Newport IOW 2.17 (WESS) [8th]

Dereham Town 2.143 (EAST) [4th]

Brislington 2.05 (WEST)

So these teams have currently dropped out of the running:

Quorn 2.04 (UCL)

Bridlington Town 2.22 (NCEL)

Egham Town 2.35 (CCL)

Wantage Town 2.16 (HELL)

Some clubs have a very good PPG but aren't in the leagues that can have more than one up this season. This is the only one who could go up if they were:

Darlington 1883 (NORTH) 2.5

Nearest 5 clubs who could go up as R/U:

Egham Town 2.35 (CCL)

St Ives 2.35 (UCL)

Aylesbury Utd 2.21 (SSM)

Brantham A 2.136 (ECL)

Epsom & Ewell 2.12 (CCL)

Expect the ppg to drop further as many of those clubs continue their Vase runs.

Do we know of any clubs folding or taking voluntary demotion in the top 4 steps yet? I know Kettering and Truro were hanging by a thread at one point.

Truro City are now sorted - a new consortium has stepped in and they are no longer in any trouble.

Kettering are playing at Corby until the end of the season, and it's still uncertain as to if they will be playing beyond the summer. Alan Doyle has said that there are huge problems there, and they could end up folding leave Nene Park empty once again.

Hinckley United survived a winding up order, so they look okay for now.

As for locally to here, Forest Green Rovers could be in trouble if they fail to win promotion. A hate campaign started against Dale Vince and his family by 'fans' upset at the changes he has instigated (changing the kit colours, his over zealousness on going green, veggie-burgers only etc.) also flared up late last year. A contact of mine who knows both Colin Peake and Trevor Horsley told me that 'filth' had been sent to the club offices. I doubt he meant a naughty boys magazine!

Also, Gloucester City might be making a step backwards due to financial constraints. The Tigers have spent £250k on project work for a new stadium on the site of Meadow Park, and will have to tighten their belts. The new stadium is not going to happen at Meadow Park - for one thing they will need flood insurance which no property in the area around the docks has. Plus trips to Workington, Halifax, Harrogate etc. are not cheap for us, and maybe we'd be better off having more local games against Frome, Chippenham, Merthyr etc.

Nuneaton were also reportedly in trouble, but I've not heard anything about this recently so I'll assume they're okay.