Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion/PPG

VPCTFC

6th EGHAM TOWN 26 63 2.42308 8th Guernsey 19 45 2.36842 22nd Epsom & Ewell 30 63 2.1 23rd South Park 24 50 2.08333 35th Badshot Lea 28 52 1.85714 54th Molesey 28 43 1.53571 59th Hanworth Villa 24 35 1.45833 62nd Wembley 30 34 1.13333

These are CCL placings viewed nationally on the PPG "league table". When I cut and pasted this in it held as a table but the formatting goes all crap, which, strangely, is the same trouble I was having with the Egham Town site until VPCTFC helped. Can't see a button for Excel on this site, though.

Edited by tempestward

Truro City are now sorted - a new consortium has stepped in and they are no longer in any trouble.

Kettering are playing at Corby until the end of the season, and it's still uncertain as to if they will be playing beyond the summer. Alan Doyle has said that there are huge problems there, and they could end up folding leave Nene Park empty once again.

Hinckley United survived a winding up order, so they look okay for now.

As for locally to here, Forest Green Rovers could be in trouble if they fail to win promotion. A hate campaign started against Dale Vince and his family by 'fans' upset at the changes he has instigated (changing the kit colours, his over zealousness on going green, veggie-burgers only etc.) also flared up late last year. A contact of mine who knows both Colin Peake and Trevor Horsley told me that 'filth' had been sent to the club offices. I doubt he meant a naughty boys magazine!

Also, Gloucester City might be making a step backwards due to financial constraints. The Tigers have spent £250k on project work for a new stadium on the site of Meadow Park, and will have to tighten their belts. The new stadium is not going to happen at Meadow Park - for one thing they will need flood insurance which no property in the area around the docks has. Plus trips to Workington, Halifax, Harrogate etc. are not cheap for us, and maybe we'd be better off having more local games against Frome, Chippenham, Merthyr etc.

Nuneaton were also reportedly in trouble, but I've not heard anything about this recently so I'll assume they're okay.

Gloucester, Brackley and Bradford PA all face demotion from BSN.

Brackley and Bradford's demotion would be due to ground gradings, whilst Gloucester face eviction from Whaddon Road if they cannot stump up £40k by the end of the month.

Reports are we could quit BSN and ground-share with Slimbridge if it all goes nipples up.

Therefore, no relegation for the bottom three sides in BSN (currently Colwyn Bay, Droylsden and Hinckley).

A lot of extra leagues being proposed there Windsor Sec. Who adminsters them?

I do in principle accept that a format like that would work quite well, especially lower down, although having the second tier of our football structure regionalised makes us look a bit semi-professional up at that level.

As a result I wouldn't tamper with anything above and including the Conference North and South as this all seems to work quite well now unless you are Bishops Stortford or Gloucester City.

I also think we are making a mistake in increasing the number of teams in a division because of the number of postponements we seem to be gtting nowadays, and while some clubs say it's extra revenue from more home games, you must balance that against costs you incur with a postponement or two.

Who gives a sh*t???!!!!

People who reply to my posts, obviously.

Just looking at the seven leagues that can have two up, this is the current order:

1. Dunstable T 2.677

2. Erith & Bel 2.571

3. EGHAM 2.444

4. GUERNSEY 2.368

5. Oxhey 2.345

6. Burnham 2.24

7. Takeley 2.24

8. Aylesbury 2.233

9. Peacehaven 2.231

10. Dereham 2.192

11. VCD 2.182

12. Redhill 2.107

13. EPSOM & EWELL 2.1

14. Wisbech 2.08

15. Brantham 2.074

16. SOUTH PARK 2.0

Just looking at the seven leagues that can have two up, this is the current order:

1. Dunstable T 2.677

2. Erith & Bel 2.571

3. EGHAM 2.444

4. GUERNSEY 2.368

5. Oxhey 2.345

6. Burnham 2.24

7. Takeley 2.24

8. Aylesbury 2.233

9. Peacehaven 2.231

10. Dereham 2.192

11. VCD 2.182

12. Redhill 2.107

13. EPSOM & EWELL 2.1

14. Wisbech 2.08

15. Brantham 2.074

16. SOUTH PARK 2.0

Think you need to look at that again Bom

Simple solution then Bommie,as Egham have played Guernsey twice,if all the other teams lose to both,they will both go up.Making it a little easier for promotion next season.However if all teams only lose to Egham,and try their hardest against Guernsey,then they could enjoy another all expenses paid trip,against the Green Lions next year.That way everyone would be happy especially the League,and GFCTV members.

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmation from the Southern League:

NO teams will be relegated from Div One S&W this season after Sholing's resignation.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/vtfc/news/sholing-resign-from-southern-l-894222.html

Cop out by the southern league. It's a disgrace that a league expanding by two has no interest in anything but self-preservation. Football really is the winner there, or more likely Winchester City.

Winchester have next to no money in the pot, and are strongly rumoured to be considering demotion to the Wessex Premier.

Bishop's Cleeve would be reprieved, at present.

There will be more before the end of the season. A few more struggling in Step 4 which will mean relegations will be kept to a minimum or maybe none

Current PPG on eligable teams:

Egham 2.464

Guernsey 2.429

Epsom & Ewell 1.969

South Park 1.821

Badshot Lea 1.793

Molesey 1.548

Hanworth Villa 1.444

Wembley 1.0

So we are certainly still on course to get two sides up this year. Egham are 3rd and Guernsey are 4th of all the sides in the 7 divisions that can promote two sides. In other words, their PPG is better than most of the sides that are first. Even including the divisions where only one can go up, our two sides are in the top echelons.

Oxhey Jets are next on 2.34 and the nearest threat to the second extra spot is VCD on 2.182.

Edited by bomaya