Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Calling ALL Margate FC supporters

dannyriding

Here we are sitting pretty at the top of table in our league and the supposed supporters are staying away, whats that all about..... you cant say we are playing crap football and you cant say we arent playing entertaining football and you defo cant say whats the point of going to watch MFC cos they are gonna win the league so we will watch better footie when they are in Conf South. What you should as a "supporter" say is the club need EVERY single penny we bring through the gate to enhance/excel and improve the team to take us to the higher glory that we all want and desire. I stand with one of the most negative guys in the world when I watch my/our team play and even he does'nt understand why people are not coming to watch. If you used to come then come back, if you thought about coming but were put off because of the weather - give it a chance, but if you dont want to come because of some predisposed idea that it would put monies in the pockets of someone you dislike or dont agree with then shame on you and grow up ................ MFC needs more "SUPPORT" we aint fussed about your grievances even if they are petty - come and watch them play FOOTBALL.

On October 9 you started a thread called 'What would YOU change' in response to a perceived crisis on the pitch. Our season so far has been good spells and bad spells. At the moment we are having a good spell, but that could quickly change. Many people, I suspect, are waiting to see if we can stay top for a prolonged period before leaping aboard the Margate bandwagon.

On October 9 you started a thread called 'What would YOU change' in response to a perceived crisis on the pitch. Our season so far has been good spells and bad spells. At the moment we are having a good spell, but that could quickly change. Many people, I suspect, are waiting to see if we can stay top for a prolonged period before leaping aboard the Margate bandwagon.

wow I have a following to the extent you can date a statement I have made, CE even you must admit that if the supporters that USED to come and watch dont come back then the directors will be unable to continue the support of the team we are now watching and dare I say it inwardly dreaming of the fact that this year may/could even or should be our year to climb out of this dismal league and onto bigger and better things.

In an ideal world we would be filling the ground every week. But it's not that simple, is it? Years of false dawns on the team and the ground have left people cynical. That's something we just have to deal with.

This was one of those statements that neither confirmed nor denied..... your not government funded are you - if not then be a little more positive fella as most of your posts do seem to be of that ilk.

There's more than one reason for a low crowd today not least of which is the dreaded Christmas shopping - my wife tells me that Westwood Cross was jammed. More publicity is required as well. Radio Kent have to be bullied to even give us a mention. All avenues need to be explored - are there no poster sites around the town that we could utilise for example. Also Wingate & Finchley doesn't exactly ring a bell with most people as a football team they would be interested in watching us play.

Maybe, dflman, but I think the point dannyriding was attempting to make is that people who used to be regulars are not coming. They would probably know already that we are top of the league. They need to be convinced this isn't another false dawn. Really it's all about staying top of the league for a prolonged period.

on a plus side the crowds are always there or there abouts the 300 plus mark.....agree Xmas crowds are always low, weather cold all contributes to lack of fans, dread to think what state we would be in now if we were near the bottom of the league......just a thought why not try kids up to a certain age get in free with a paying adult maybe early in the New Year? not sure if this has been tried before but may bring in extra crowds and much needed revenue

Whilst I agree that it would be good to get disillusioned past supporters back, and maybe the local press and media could

actually help if they stirred themselves (apologies if they already do!), the future lies with attracting the new generation of supporters

in particular schoolboys/girls. As previously, suggested, the club needs to encourage boys/girls with or without their parents to come

down to HDP.

Talking about young people, there are 4000-5000 students just down the road at the University of Kent, perhaps the club could do

a promotion via their students union - even get a friendly sometime - even better, see if the University would part with some cash to

sponsor the club (yes, wishful thinking)

That's my bright ideas for a Sunday....

So let's look forward to Tuesday, weather permitting, a game against the team at the very bottom - if we can perform as we did for the first 20 mins yesterday and have a little bit of luck then a hatful of goals will be the best publicity bearing in mind Boxing Day being the next home game after that with its propensity to attract regulars and casuals . Is 3pm the best kick off time on that day ?

Its very hard to predict what sort of crowds we may get, looking at the home attendances this seaon. On the opening fixture we got 313 which you would think was about right for the first match, the pre season friendlies results and the last couple of seasons. We then got 440 against Lowestoft, who always bring a few with them. We then get 483 against Enfield, a mid table team but then around 250 against Concord on a Tuesday and despite losing we then get 542 against Lewes, (although there may have been a promotion somewhere around then). However we go out of the cups with a bad run and we are back down to the 300's again with 346 and 348 in the last two matches. Its strange that there can be so much difference between 440 and 483 to 346 and 348 after a couple of poor results, a difference of around 140 paying customers. The team just need to keep performing the way they are doing and I am sure the supporters will return. I remember when we won the Southern League Championship the crowds remained relatively low until the last three or four games when it suddenly hit everyone that we were a championship winning team. No matter what we do its always a results based business. I'm sure it will start to pick up soon. Its a pity we do not have the attractive local derbies now over the Christmas period. Cray at home, what an incentive to come, not. No new years day matches either now.

There will continue to be many supporters completely disillusioned about the numerous false dawns about our supposed new ground. When the weather is cold and wet,where would you rather be in the warm or exposed at most parts of HartsdownPark. Die hard supporters are always at the ground, but its not the die hards that we need. I hate to say it but I predicted this when we were flying high in the conference, as far as spectator facilites are concerned we have gone backwards, for whatever reason, look at Dartford, new ground (sponsored by the TORY council), now very close to the football league. Maidstone flying high with a new ground and gates of 1500 plus. The common denominator is ??????? great spectator facilities, something I am afraid we have not got.

Having said all that yesterdays attendance was still more than many in the Conference south and north, so perhaps we should ask how do they achieve this with presumably less income than Margate ? Its a conumdrum, I dont know the answer, what i do know is that MISA work thier butts off to keep the club afloat, without them I dread to think where we would be.

Top of the league and still moaning !!

358 and 308 for the two early december home games last year-so yes-with better performances-woud have been good to get 380/390- so with mid three's-not great and not what is really required-but at least not gone backwards.

Yes-Cray will unfortunately not have the 'undecided' salivating with excitement-and follows really tough games at whitehawk and lowestoft-and quite a few 'undecided ' are influenced by the results in the previous game/games;which may be an additional challenge

There will continue to be many supporters completely disillusioned about the numerous false dawns about our supposed new ground. When the weather is cold and wet,where would you rather be in the warm or exposed at most parts of HartsdownPark. Die hard supporters are always at the ground, but its not the die hards that we need. I hate to say it but I predicted this when we were flying high in the conference, as far as spectator facilites are concerned we have gone backwards, for whatever reason, look at Dartford, new ground (sponsored by the TORY council), now very close to the football league. Maidstone flying high with a new ground and gates of 1500 plus. The common denominator is ??????? great spectator facilities, something I am afraid we have not got.

Having said all that yesterdays attendance was still more than many in the Conference south and north, so perhaps we should ask how do they achieve this with presumably less income than Margate ? Its a conumdrum, I dont know the answer, what i do know is that MISA work thier butts off to keep the club afloat, without them I dread to think where we would be.

Top of the league and still moaning !!

definately not moaning just raising the point that maybe some that are on this and other football related forums should maybe come and watch rather than sitting in the warm listening to twatter or such like. If the club doesnt start getting the support thru the gates who are people to blame for the decline of the team/club...... simple answer is without an income this team we have no matter how loyal we will see an exodus of players to clubs that "PAY".

how about the 5,000 illegals etc living in Cliftonville - a lot of them play football on the Marine Terrace Gardens before their drinking sessions on a Sunday - if we have to have them in the town perhaps we can have some of our money back through the gate ?

I agree with dflman on this-it is a serious catchment opportunity-how you infiltrate/integrate the fairly large eastern european population,better people than me may know-but there is an opportunity here i am sure