Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues 0 - 1 AFC Hornchurch

Rich.m

Well well well......shall we forget this and move on!

We lacked anything in the final third, when Taylor came on we managed to get one shot off target. Hornchuch had 3 chances scored one hit the post and pulled a good save out of Beasent.

We can all make excuses about the game, but unfortunately we Wernt up to it today. We need to roll our sleeves up and dust ourselves off and start the new year on a high!

See you all Tuesday if we can get it on!

A piss poor first half from us from which we were unable to recover. Hard to know whether it was the players' apathy or the bizarre formation which was most to blame but we really were very bad and deserved to go in behind.

We looked better in the second half when we went 4 4 2 but they still had the better chances. Benjamin picked up a straight red which seemed to surprise everyone except the ref - I suppose the video will clear that up.

Thought the new keeper did well, as did Swaine and especially Rogers who was our MoTM but everyone else was well below par. We seem to have one or two immune to being hooked and I don't understand why.

We got what we deserved from today and hopefully we will see a big improvement on NYD. COYB!

That was the poorest i've seen us play for a very long time. and to make it worse we made them look …. reasonably good.

Urchins number ten, i stopped counting after the twelfth dive, shocking sportsmanship

I didn't see any fire or front foot out there this afternoon. Our performance matched the day and the venue... Miserable!!!

Maybe the enforced break has lead to us over thinking and maybe complicating what is a simple game.

And the officials were... Well, worse than awful. Inept, incomprehensible, idiots who obviously should maybe officiate children's football (then again, why discourage children from the sport...). Why should people be asked to support a visiting team when the officials can be so obviously 'homers'! B

Not that they, the officials, had any bearing on our performance. Should we forget this experience? No, I think this should be remembered as a bench mark in what is not acceptable as regards a performance...

Don't think the ref had a good game at all, but you can't blame him for the result. we were poor there's no doubting that, but every time we have had a poor game under CE we have always come out fighting in the next game, so roll on Tuesday.

also apart from the moaning old Doris at half time did anyone actually notice any hornchurch supporters?

I had a chat with one of the 40 or so Urchin fan's who was quick to point out the the officials did indeed spoil what was already a crap game to watch.

The Urchins have defiantly adapted Tunbridge Angels Diving tactics and it's obviously paying off.

On the plus side it's made up my mind that i won't be spending the wife's hard earned cash going away to truro.

CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS

Abysmal first half where we looked a side that had never played together before, let alone been forced into a 3 week break. 2nd half was marginally better especially when Taylor got on. As for Benjamin, somebody next to me called it, that he would be red carded for taking out the 7! Spooky! Taylor to start against the Cardboards with Green and Lechmere hugging the touchline, Collis to the bench, Wildy straight back in and with the exception of Swaine and Beasant, all the others should have a rocket up 'em! It's been and gone and we move on. We're a far better side than that performance and I'd take a defeat at Hornchurch if it means turning over those Gumbo's on New Year's Day.

By the way, that was our first ever defeat at Hornchurch in the league.

Ha ha,you lot really don't like tasting defeat.

I doubt you will get the red card overturned,simply because when I spoke to mr edwards in the bar after the game,he thought it was a red.

I saw more play acting from your side than ours,which was proably one or two incidents at most.you really shouldn't be swayed by what some donut puts on here a few days before,seems like you all got yourselves into a bit of a pickle expecting to play an Olympic diving team when any sane individual would of viewed our match highlights of the welling game an realised smith hadn't actually dived,but don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Just one other thing,where's that mouthy toad new lodger???

Pi5s poor all round. Was there really 503 there today? I doubt it. That stupid old bitch running her mouth again (have to laugh). Their no.7 was a disgrace as was Smith (again)

Do we bump up the gate to make it look like we have more in the ground,therefore paying more tax,surely that would be one of the most stupid things a club who has very little money could possibly do?

Poor performance, poor opposition, poor game, poor pitch, poor conditions, poor crowd, poor athletics stadium. I thought our new centre half looked vulnerable but the new keeper looked v good. It must have been difficult for the players playing in that having not played for almost a month to be fair. They rolled around after every challenge and made it hard for the referee. I think the Horncheat tag is well deserved on the back of that showing and recent yellow cards for diving.

Brightside I'm surprised you are not going to Truro on the back of that showing. We have seen many great away days in 2012.

Still onwards and upwards to the real derby.

COYB