Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 0 Clarets 1

No -one seems to want to start this topic so here goes.

Excellent crowd of 1200 plus, bouyed by a large travelling contingent.

We slightly shaded the first half and had Jay May's header gone in and not hit the bar, I don't think Chelmsford could have complained. Second half Chelmo upped their game and were mostly on the front foot. A mixture of brave defending and woefull finishing kept the game level until the 85th minute when Slabber capitalised on defensive hesitation to nod a soft winner.

No complaints, although I thought the ref was a bit one sided in his decisions. Our boys worked their socks off on a difficult pitch but at the moment we are just not creating enough chances. Can we blame the floodlights for their goal? Felt that on another day, another official might have viewed more than 50% of the floodlights out down one side as not acceptable.

We need 3 points next Saturday COYB

I thought yesterday was a big improvement on the “effort” on Saturday, but over 90 minutes the score line was probably about right.

We were just about the better side in the first half with Jay hitting the bar and their full-back making a critical challenge just as Junior was about to shoot.

They gradually got on top in the second half as we tired and although I thought we defended well, it was no real surprise they nicked a winner. We kept going though and managed a couple of chances at the end, but it was not to be.

Shock horror, the pitch was bad! It’s been pissing down for three weeks and no one has been able to get on it. I can’t believe the cut-outs are moaning about it and how sh*t our ground is when they failed miserably to get the Boxing Day game on. Glad to see the return of some classic BBB though!

I’m led to believe the problem with the lights was caused by one of the new switches not working, which is ironic really considering that we changed the lights from running on two circuits to running on four to prevent overloading! I thought the referee made to right decision to carry on. It was dark but playable and in my view an abandonment would not have been a good outcome for the Club or any of the supporters.

We need to avoid stupid bookings though. By my reckoning three of our bookings were completely avoidable and it is becoming a recurring theme, which will hurt us with suspensions later on. Our form isn’t great at the moment and we could really do with three points Saturday. COYB!!

I agree with JL,

A big change of attitude from last Saturday and a pleasure to watch.

Ya the pitch was not the best but 100% better than the running track at claret city.

I know we lost 3 point's but we won on the gate with over 1200 supporters between both clubs in attendance. (They lost out big time on the running track sponge)

So here we are just into 2013

Still Champions

Still mid table (ish)

Game's in hand.

crowd's up (when we actually get to play)

Positive vibes folks

All's fine on my side of the street.

See you guy's on Saturday.

Agreed jl a far better effort than Saturday and I felt every player gave their all. I thought we were much the better in the first half but numerous loose balls didn't fall for us in their box. Junior made a big difference coming back as did Wild and Taylor. We tired a little in the second half, understandably with a few players coming back from suspension and injuries. I thought a draw would have been fair but wouldn't argue too much about the result. On that showing I'd be surprised to see the cardboards finish above Welling, Dover and Borehamwood so it looks as if we will have a few more derbies to even the score.

If we need any extra motivation to go and win at Poo Park on 4th Feb then i suggest a read of the Chelmsford Soppybox.

We should be grateful that they lowered themselves to coming to New Lodge yesterday apparently!

Memories about the same size of their c*cks!!

I thought it was an entertaining game and thought maybe a draw the better of the result we ended with but I am not complaining that they won it. Could've gone either way...

I think some of our supporters need a reality check though. Not happy with some of the Cow Shed crew. Believe some of 'em could look up the words Support and Supporter before they shell out their admission for Farmborough. If you only pay to moan at the manager and players then perhaps you should keep your cash and stay at home and moan at the Premier League on TV.

I thought we played very well in the first half and had them rattled. Definitely looked the more likely to take the lead before half-time. Their team-talk in the break obviously worked though as they coped a lot better with us in the second half.

But we can take heart from the fact we came close & I'm now quite looking forward to the return fixture in February, whereas I was a bit wary before the aborted Boxing Day game.

It's all about opinions but I thought the officials were pretty good.

Yes, there's a few ar5eh0les posting on their Forum, but there's also a good few there who enjoyed the day and were sympathetic to our plight with the weather & electrics. Unfortunately it's also said that one of their less generous posters is a Club Official, which seems a bit class-less. But hey-ho.

And Gazza... Football Supporters moaning? Whatever next ;)

referee was the same one as the Dover game so didn't expect him to be any good. he gave a few dodgy cards but on the whole he wasn't too bad. Made the decision to play on through the dodgy lights, so credit where it's due

As regards the ref.... to keep the game running with the lights as they were, showed a certain amount of common sense which was unusual considering the pitch.

Really the game was entertaining and I couldn't really see that he had any more or less bearing on that or the result. Hats off to him

Can't see how anyone can moan about the ref. He kept the game on when many (refer Dover) might have made the "easy" decision to abandon it. Jay May was also fortunate to stay on the pitch with a blatant foul just before half time having already been booked.

Can't see how anyone can moan about the ref. He kept the game on when many (refer Dover) might have made the "easy" decision to abandon it. Jay May was also fortunate to stay on the pitch with a blatant foul just before half time having already been booked.

I don't think Jay May was booked at all - it was Taylor, Poole and Wild.

He wasn't the worst ref around and certainly better that the one at Hornchurch - then again there were no drama queens on the pitch

For the first time in a while (I know there hasn't been many games) we started the game putting good pressure on them from the start which gave us the better of the opening half.

2nd half we couldn't get any pressure on then which led to them getting hold of the game and their goal eventually came.

It's nice to have the derby back, and long may it continue you, but we need to spark ourselves into life again if we are going to get a mid table finish.

As for the first half of the season, overall I'm

Happy where we are at, we need to put a little run together in the new year which hopefully then will give us the security!

I thought we played very well in the first half and had them rattled. Definitely looked the more likely to take the lead before half-time. Their team-talk in the break obviously worked though as they coped a lot better with us in the second half.

But we can take heart from the fact we came close & I'm now quite looking forward to the return fixture in February, whereas I was a bit wary before the aborted Boxing Day game.

It's all about opinions but I thought the officials were pretty good.

Yes, there's a few ar5eh0les posting on their Forum, but there's also a good few there who enjoyed the day and were sympathetic to our plight with the weather & electrics. Unfortunately it's also said that one of their less generous posters is a Club Official, which seems a bit class-less. But hey-ho.

And Gazza... Football Supporters moaning? Whatever next ;)

No Club Official as far as I can see Rik on the Soapybox. The soapy box is the soapy box, and hasn't changed, even towards its own supporters!!!

Myself, my wife and daughter thoroughly enjoyed my trip to NL as I have done on previous Tuesday evenings. I had a chance to speak to Gazza and wish him well but missed JL . Nice to speak to Jason and Grant, and hope they can help Steve maintanin you up here in the BSS. It is a different kettle of fish to the Ryman and expensive, but those of you involved know that.

The game was never going to be pretty and was a bit of a slog. The pitch was poor but then again its been raining. Ours does have a drainage system, and thats why we got the Boreham Wood game on.

Personally, I think you will struggle at MP as we play football and are super quick on both sides, and I rcekon the cart horses in you back line will not cope. All down to opinions I agree.

Rather annoyed about the electrics as I like my Coffee at half time, but there you go. Another time and another pitch we may have had 3-4 goals and our strikers who have turned over League and Conference clubs this season should not have missfired. Thats football ! Best of luck, and please remember some of us do have regards for NL, and where we came from a couple of years ago.